• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ralph Lauren Rugby Thread

Philip

Reaction score
also anyone know if the newbury suits come in a 36r/s?

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

also anyone know if the newbury suits come in a 36r/s?

They do, but I think you've missed your chance at that a while ago.

and in regards to the fit pic, mine was the wakefield not the newbury - in a 36R.
Sorry for **** quality of pic.

Here's another from when I first tried it on - with a new shirt as well sleeves a bit long on that one:

Last edited:

Philip

Reaction score

They do, but I think you've missed your chance at that a while ago.
and in regards to the fit pic, mine was the wakefield not the newbury - in a 36R.
Sorry for **** quality of pic.

Here's another from when I first tried it on - with a new shirt as well sleeves a bit long on that one:

Damn, do you know if the Newbury suits are staple items that'll be restocked next season? All of a sudden I want that navy chalk stripe baaad.

whats your height and weight

6ft, 154lbs

superego

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My experience has been that Rugby fits on the slim/small side while J Crew fits more TTS.

That said, two of the three items I've ordered from Rugby fit slim (polo, cardigan) while the third fit TTS (duffle coat). I've always found J Crew stuff fits truer to size (I'm generally a large, and the J Crew L typically fits me). Which items are you looking at in particular?

Berzerk91

Reaction score
Nothing specific really. Just curious about the brand, I was considering picking up some sport shirts if they're slimmer than J. Crew. Or a pull over shawl sweater.

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Damn, do you know if the Newbury suits are staple items that'll be restocked next season? All of a sudden I want that navy chalk stripe baaad.
6ft, 154lbs

That was the first year they had Caruso making their suits, so I'm not sure if you should expect them to do so again or not, hard to say. In my mind, it would be smart for them to do so again. They have been on/off each year with suits - i remember two years ago the selection was very small in terms of suits. Their 'Haberdashery Shop' only started last February (2011)

How does Rugby fit in comparison to J. Crew? Is it slimmer/shorter?

I've found everything except for coats/hats/shoes etc. are slimmer. however if you wear a 38 suit it might be smart to still buy a 38 - even though it is slimmer 40 is just too big. In terms of sweaters - they are mostly slim to the degree of custom-fit at Polo RL. The shirts are a bit more slim than Custom-Fit Polo and anything at J Crew, whereas the Rugbys are very slim compared to Polo RL and J Crew. Best way to tell if its for you is to try some on.

If you need slimmer than J Crew - then head over to Rugby.

VT001

Reaction score
Hey y'all, I made a thread about Rugby shirt sizing and wanted to get some more opinions before buying from their site (unfortunately there are no rugby stores near me)

I'm short with an average build (5'5 145) and size small custom fit RL polos fit me nicely (not too snug, not loose).

Should I go with a small or x-small with Rugby?

Last edited:

cuponoodles

Reaction score
Definitely x-small.

Hey y'all, I made a thread about Rugby shirt sizing and wanted to get some more opinions before buying from their site (unfortunately there are no rugby stores near me)

I'm short with an average build (5'5 145) and size small custom fit RL polos fit me nicely (not too snug, not loose).

Should I go with a small or x-small with Rugby?

VT001

Reaction score
x-small huh?? You sure an xs won't make me look super douchbag-ish? my style is all about fitted clothing. I'm more of a levis 514 kinda guy. I like my shirts not too loose yet not too tight, to the point where I can raise my arms & not have my belly showing like a chick. I kinda get the feeling an x-small might give me that awful effect, especially in a sports shirt :/

Definitely x-small.

VT001

Reaction score
If anybody here owns both a custom fit PRL polo and a Rugby polo in a small, could you give me the measurements on both? sorry for all the trouble, I'm just thinking about buying alot of things on the site and could really use the help.

anonymouz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

x-small huh?? You sure an xs won't make me look super douchbag-ish? my style is all about fitted clothing. I'm more of a levis 514 kinda guy. I like my shirts not too loose yet not too tight, to the point where I can raise my arms & not have my belly showing like a chick. I kinda get the feeling an x-small might give me that awful effect, especially in a sports shirt :/

lol...why bother asking then? just go with the small

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rugby fits close to custom fit, slimmer in a lot of cases. So you're a small for sure. And read through this thread, its been discussed countless times

VT001

Reaction score
lol I can't ask prior to buying? I didn't say I'd be against buying an xs, It's just that reading through this thread I've seen conflicting views on how Rugby fits. Some feel like their stuff fits exactly like PRL custom fit. Others feel like Rugby might be a tad bit loose and buying a size smaller will give you the same effect as a custom fit polo.

If I lived in a city with a Rugby store I wouldn't be making posts asking what their fits are like. In fact, if PRL would just provide accurate sizing info on their custom fit shirts I could've easily applied that to Rugby's sizing chart and been done with it all.

lol...why bother asking then? just go with the small

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads