• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Quality vs Price Point...Can't Find thread

BootsCanada

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was wondering...marketing aside...who makes the best shoes for english or italian shoemakers

for the purposes of this thread can we keep it under $600 USD or $350£

Please note: I'm only throwing manufacturers in here, their shoes maybe more than the price point mentioned, i just don't know.

John Lobb
Loake
Grenson
Alfred Sargant
Cheaney
Church
Trickers
Oliver Sweeney
Canali
Ferragmano
Bruno Magli

For the purposes of this thread I haven't included Florsheim or AE as they are American manufactuerers

So who's best bang for buck?

Interesting...in Toronto, there are NO high end stuff, You'd be hard pressed to find anyone listed IN even upscale Yorkville, here in Toronto.

Ideas?

Boots.

Putonghua73

Reaction score

Mifune

Reaction score
I don't know the rules about hyperlinking, but check out Parisian Gentleman's shoe recommendations - he has recommendations sorted out by pricing bands.

Crockett & Jones may just fit at your budget.

John Lobb - not sure why you listed them, they are double your budget.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics