• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pitti Uomo 85: the CM thread

conradwu

Affiliate Vendor
Timed Out
Reaction score
Saw many SF affiliates earlier this morning but couldn't stop to say hi as I was pressed for time and had to haul ass to Como :fu:, but I'm back in Firenze now, so looking forward to meeting everyone!

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How much is airfare to Firenze this time of year from LGA? Good deals?

Last edited:

StockwellDay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Biggest sprezzy trend I've noticed through pictures seems to be dudes wearing their overcoats only on their shoulders leaving the arms dangling, lifelessly.

What's up with that?

unbelragazzo

Jewfro
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I walk around from booth to booth all day. I carry all my crap in a bag. When I get to an interesting booth, I get some of that crap out to take notes, pictures, business cards, fingerprints, whatever. I'm also a person who loses things. Somehow this hasn't taught me to be more organized or careful, but it has taught me to worry constantly that I've lost something. My interior monologue for most of the day runs like this: "Oh **** camera gotta check camera....camera camera camera...yes! That would suck to lose...ok let's go outside....put on sunglasses...where..are...well it looks like I've gone and lost them...again...third pair of these exact same sungl...oh wait, yeah, jacket pocket. Why does this person need to see my press badge? More importantly...why isn't it in my breast pocket where it's supposed to be...why don't I just wear it around my neck like a sensible human being...why do I have to be so unbelievably stupid about every friggin...oh wait yea it's around my neck, under my scarf."

But you always end up losing the things you least expect and most value. And today I finally lost something crucial: my voice. Maybe it was from waking up in the middle of the last night screaming after having a nightmare about being forced to watch Patrik make bittersweet love to Angela Merkel. In any case, I had to leave a nice event hosted by A and H to get back to my hotel and rest up in the hopes that tomorrow I won't have to resort to writing down my interview questions and shoving them in my subject's face.

I still got plenty of talking in today though. My favorite were probably the guys at Jamieson's of Shetland talking Fair Isle sweaters. These guys live on a tiny, barely inhabited island in the middle of nowhere - actually closer to Norway than Scotland - and still manage an entire knitting industry, all the way from the sheep herding to the knitting. I don't know how they feel about taking a multi-legged journey to come show their sweaters at Pitti, but I enjoyed hearing their story.

I also spotted a guy that I would like to nominate for the show's "most punchable" award - he had one corner of the back flap of his double vented jacket lifted up and sewn onto the jacket itself, to reveal his initials sewn into the jacket's lining. Also revealed: half an asscheek, and his complete lack of shame.

Before leaving the show, Jasper and I set up a couple of photos that should be uploading sometime soon, which I think may change Pitti's whole perspective on ****. On my way to dinner I stopped off to have a drink with Gianni Cerutti of Passaggio Cravatte, who is a very cool cat despite being dressed in the colors of a hot dog:

On the walk back to my hotel, I did take a moment to appreciate the night view of the Palazzo Vecchio, the seat of the Florentine government during the Renaissance:

Inside are frescos depicting Florentine heroes of the past, many of whom seem to dressed quite punchably:

If I can just get the image of Patrik getting Merkeled out of my head, then I think tomorrow I can wake up ready to visit Alden, Seraphin, and the top floor of the main pavilion, which I haven't even visited yet.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You can subscribe without posting in a thread...

Read in good health

John Doe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know but i like to access all the threads I follow via the "i've posted" link.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

That's a pretty common Italian thing.

Have to agree! I think the Italians have worn their overcoats like that since they...um...invented coats. :) Or maybe I'm just getting defensive because I sometimes wear my overcoat like that.

As for the "most punchable" award mentioned above by unbelragazzo I want to nominate a guy I saw wearing what looked like a very recently killed and poorly skinned squirrel on his head. Apart from that it's been a very inspiring and fun trip. It was very nice to meet so many SF people and retail colleagues. Thanks to unbelragazzo and SF for putting together such a nice dinner Tuesday evening.

Stugotes

Reaction score
Yes for Corgi. The other two I haven't seen, I'll check. Will probably stop by Calabrese, yes.

Have you been to Calabrese? If not, could you pressure them to open up their online shop already? Thanks.

mwink[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads