• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

People Should Be Able To Do Whatever They Want Outside Of A Job

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Freewheeler
So by your way of logic, it's OK for someone to eat meat, wear fur coats and have a collection of elephant tusks on their wall to work for Peta, as long as they represent Peta and their interests between 9 and 5.

You simply can't do a good job if you don't actually believe in what you are fighting for or against. If you are gay and trying to fool people that you are not, simply to get elected, then that is fraud and you were not doing your job. You are not representing the people or a company, when you actually represent what they are against and you are trying to keep that fact hidden by joining in on the lynch mob, so you can have a job.

If Weiner was all about family values and sexual morality, then it would be an issue. But it's not because Weiner has been very laid back in that regard and never made promises that he couldn't keep.

What you fail to realize is, it's not my "logic." It's yours. I just fed it back to you with Republican examples and suddenly you didn't like your own "logic." You then wanted to change your "logic" and I would not let you commit an ad hoc rescue. Basically, you've not improved in the least since your last appearance.

That makes me sad.
frown.gif

We should all grow, even trolls.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You know, I was inclined to agree with the OP, but then I thought about it: What if I discovered Bill Maher isn't an insufferable douche when he's off camera? It would completely change my opinion of him, and I just don't know if I'd be able to continue to buy into his smug dickholishness after such a revelation.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Well, Bill Maher is such an eff'ing hypocrite.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Whatever, dude, Maher is a damn genius. He tells it like it is, and he provides geniune insight on the issues that really speak to me.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
A genius at hypocrisy.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I can tell you one thing: Bill would be opposed to the banination of trolls, mostly on the grounds that it stifles free speech.

I, on the other hand, think it effing rules!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Silver Arrow
I agree with this. People care too much about the personal lives of others.

Back so soon, Hey Man / Freewheeler?

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrG
You know, I was inclined to agree with the OP, but then I thought about it: What if I discovered Bill Maher isn't an insufferable douche when he's off camera? It would completely change my opinion of him, and I just don't know if I'd be able to continue to buy into his smug dickholishness after such a revelation.

man was I pissed when I found out jenna haze is a volunteer in a tent revival group irl
plain.gif

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidboy
man was I pissed when I found out jenna haze is a volunteer in a tent revival group irl
plain.gif

I don't see how this was a surprise, Acid. I mean, it seems to me that she's probably been involved with a lot of groups whose activities inspired the pitching of tents.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Many millions of Americans, who consider him to be royalty I would guess.
Kennedy was a hypocrite. Btw, Hey Man, that is the logical fallacy of appeal to numbers. I hope you are paying attention and learning something.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was just responding. Obviously millions love Kennedy and think he was one of the greatest Presidents in history regardless if he deserves that love or not.
Yeah and millions of people are gullible and stupid as well. Do you see the correlation?

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrG
I don't see how this was a surprise, Acid. I mean, it seems to me that she's probably been involved with a lot of groups whose activities inspired the pitching of tents.

oh I've seen her get involved with lots of groups.

Originally Posted by Piobaire

Btw, Hey Man, that is the logical fallacy of appeal to numbers. I hope you are paying attention and learning something.

Hey Man, I think you mmight be barking up the wrong tree

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Yes, as the ratings for Fox News clearly indicates, but it doesn't negate the answer for who thinks Kennedy is a great President.

Your Kennedy thing is not "an answer." It is a logical fallacy.

Nice shot.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Freewheeler
So he lied. He was embarrassed. The good he has done outweighs any of this bullshit. Does anyone really care that Kennedy cheated on his wife at every opportunity? No, because he was considered a great President. Clinton has also proven to be bulletproof and is considered a rock star now. None of these guys were champions for sexual morality.

Originally Posted by redcaimen
Who considers Kennedy a great president? Seriously.

It's not my answer. It's the answer of millions of Americans, regardless of my opinion. I never said it was factual. The question was - who thinks Kennedy was a great President? There are millions of Americans that have the opinion that he was a great President in response to that particular question.

Follow the chain...before you were banned, you asked this question. Some people really do care Kennedy was a whoremonger. Now be more interesting before you're banned again.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads