• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Outlier Tailored Performance Clothing

delluminatus

Reaction score
My Strongworks were waiting when I got home. I'm happy to say that for me anyway, they are exactly what I expected. No stretch, but the cut is loose enough that I feel perfectly comfortable. I wouldn't do squats wearing them but they are fine for everyday wear. Better than my denim for sure. And heavy enough that I can wear them in 0 degree snowy weather (like today... ugh).

Definitely won't be returning them, for me they seem like the perfect winter pant.

I think one difference between mine and Occulta's experiences could be the sizing. I typically like to wear a more relaxed waist so I buy size 32 -- same as for jeans -- even though I could definitely get away with size 31 in most Outlier pants. I do this for even the Futureworks and Climbers because I don't like the look of pants skin tight on your thighs. I think the looseness gives me enough room that I just don't need any stretch.

****** fit pic below. (The shirt is one of Outlier's merino T's that I got in the same package, hence the creasing. BTW, these shirts are ridiculous. I have never seen merino wool like this before. It is so tightly woven and fine that it seems more like cotton than wool.)

Last edited:

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I always size up at least one on the waist. I'm a true 33, sometimes even 32, but always buy 34's or 35's for the looser top block and thigh.
I wish they worked for me, the weight and feel was great and even the silhouetted when I was standing. But any kind of motion was just uncomfortable.

delluminatus

Reaction score
you must have a huge package
happy.gif

I'm just glad they work for me, I saw your comments at work and was worried because I hate overly constricting pants with a passion (which is why I pretty much wear 100% outlier these days)

Last edited:

Mutombo

Reaction score
My Strongworks arrived last night and I like them a lot. As others have said, the fabric doesn't have any stretch, but there is enough room in the thighs to be comfortable, with a decent taper from the knees down. The fabric is much more substantial than the Futureworks (which I previously bought and returned). Overall, well worth the sale price.

Last edited:

spencers

Reaction score
Got my strongworks as well. Ordered my normal size and yes, they are a little snug. I'll deal with it. :) The fabric is a little noisy, but definitely comfortable.

I also noticed they restocked the climbers so I ordered a charcoal pair (after putting off for a year now). I really love the m-back climbers that I already have.

Last edited:

Mehmet Korkmaz

Reaction score
Just got in my Strongworks as well. Overall impression is quite good, considering they're half the price of SDs. Since they have no stretch, I sized up two to fit my disproportionate thighs (wear 28 in the Keirins), and they pretty well. I'll need the waist taken in an inch, but I expected that.

Fabric isn't as nylon-ey as I had feared--feels similar to the SDs to the touch. They are pretty rigid and tightly woven, but overall not too different from cotton on your legs. Probably not that breathable, if it matters to people.

Their QC seems to be getting a bit better too. Everything I've bought from Outlier has had unravelling seams, etc. These ones still have somewhat messy stitching, but it's a lot better.

hens

Reaction score
How is the sizing of the pivot shirts and tees? I have a 40.5" chest and am about 5"10. Not sure if I am a medium or a large.

wizzeak

Reaction score
Just bought two mojaves and two new ways to try on. Only plan on keeping one of each.

got white, summer blue, copper dawn and black

Last edited:

delluminatus

Reaction score
Hurray, we finally have some longer shorts!

What sucks is that I got an email about it, and by 6 minutes later when I checked the site, the Dust Olive color was already sold out in most sizes. I wonder what's up with that.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does anybody here own the Airspace Pullover?
Curious to see pics in the wild + feedback. I have store credit and have strongly considered picking it up but I may end up waiting for fall/winter and hope they do some reasonably priced bombers.

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm resurrecting this thread only because I picked up a lot of their stuff for a trip through India and the Middle East. Ended up returning a lot of it, and it's maddening as hell because their sizing is so inconsistent that you never know what you order is going to fit, and they sell out so fast there's very little hope of an exchange for a different size.

But I have a couple pairs of pants and a shirt that are going to be torture tested on a trek through some ****** conditions in a true one-bag excursion. I also bought some some more stuff from other companies because I thought it'd be fun to compare.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads