• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

slycedbred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a small quick question...Why is it considered a good thing to emphasize one's extremely skinny nature by buying very skinny jeans?

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Are there a lot of "extremely skinny" people on the forum? I can only really think of chris. What people have discussed in the past week of slim jeans with stacks looking good on slimmer people was basically people like sauce and brian sd who posted pics in that thread, who are pretty slim but hardly sticks. I also don't care what year this is, but being slim or skinny is always fashionable, especially if you look at runway models, actors, and models in magazines. Most people, especially here, aren't looking to try to look like they are bulkier. Very skinny jeans only look good and are made for skinny people. It's generally a really flattering look on them if they're trying to achieve that style.

But all in all, that's a pretty loaded question as i imagine you just have a problem with most of the slim jeans being discussed on this forum and sufu. You're also making the assumption that skinny=wrong/ugly so people should try to avoid looking skinny.

slycedbred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Are there a lot of "extremely skinny" people on the forum? I can only really think of chris. What people have discussed in the past week of slim jeans with stacks looking good on slimmer people was basically people like sauce and brian sd who posted pics in that thread, who are pretty slim but hardly sticks. I also don't care what year this is, but being slim or skinny is always fashionable, especially if you look at runway models, actors, and models in magazines. Most people, especially here, aren't looking to try to look like they are bulkier. Very skinny jeans only look good and are made for skinny people. It's generally a really flattering look on them if they're trying to achieve that style.

But all in all, that's a pretty loaded question as i imagine you just have a problem with most of the slim jeans being discussed on this forum and sufu. You're also making the assumption that skinny=wrong/ugly so people should try to avoid looking skinny.

It just seems that people who are already skinny attempt to make themselves seem even skinnier...and by no means do I mean that skinny is ugly because I'd be calling myself ugly. Wouldn't aesthetics favor a more proportional silhouette??

Why do stacks look good? Stacking reminds me of my days when I had to wear my brother's hand me downs...

Btw, please no one take much offense to my words...I'm attempting to educate myself. I'm more of a suits/sports coats/slacks kind of guy (weird for my age) and have never quite understood the overall concept behind the perfect fit as is so lauded on this thread...I like berlin report's outfits a lot, but am stumped about what's so great about some other outfits that are acclaimed as genius...If anyone could shed some light, I'd like to learn.

*edit* and also, just to make things clear...Is selvage/raw (not clear on the correct term) denim's only purpose in life to allow for a kind of "custom fading" to one's exact body?

Guy Burgess

Reaction score
This probably belongs in the other forum but I spend more time here. Sorry for the very bad quality picture, I don't have a very good digital camera.

DSC00549small.jpg

no brand jacket
Dior tie
Rixon Groove MTM shirt
vintage trousers
Grenson shoes (antelope)

kallun

Reaction score
berlin report Thats another great shirt! Where do you get them?

Denis Simachev Waxed jacket (The jewlry at the back of the neck does not show when the collar is down)
Gucci L/S Tee
Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche jeans (From season one (I think) of Hedi Slimane)
German army sneaks
simachev-ysl-gucci.jpg

simachev-back.jpg

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Guy Burgess

no brand jacket
Dior tie
Rixon Groove MTM shirt
vintage trousers
Grenson shoes (antelope)

I like this. Simple, nice colorway and good proportions. Perfect example of dressy casual

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guy - The waist up looks fine... the pants and shoes are spot on!
Kallun - Digging those jeans, the jacket's kind of cool how subversive it is... but a bit much w/ the flash imo.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Berlin, you look great. You really know how to pull off the small details, like the bandana in this case. I'm also digging the deck shoes, which usually seem trendy to me but look perfect on you here.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks berlin
smile.gif

yep, picked up the chucks on sale. A whole size bigger than my others (that kinda are too small) but fits nice. Unsure of how clownish they make me look...

razuel

Reaction score
my new frye boots
nudie bola's
random white tee
too large guess jacket

me1sj1.jpg

I'm probably going to see if I can get this jacket altered; I really like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads