• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philosoph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gewehr
To school I wear blue jeans/ black polo as uniform. What type of coat or jacket would look stylish? It has to be black or charcoal.
I'm 17. It's my las semester of "preparatoria" which might be equal to high school in the US. No leather and ~$60 =P
Thanks

Try to get a vintage pea coat on Ebay. You can definitely get one for under $60.

dhinggok

Reaction score
i am going to buy a pair of chuck taylors. i was wondering if you guys think i should get the lo tops or the hi tops? i'll be wearing them with slight bootcut or true straight leg (not tapered) jeans.

underwearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dhinggok
i am going to buy a pair of chuck taylors. i was wondering if you guys think i should get the lo tops or the hi tops? i'll be wearing them with slight bootcut or true straight leg (not tapered) jeans.

Really? It's kind of a matter of personal taste but, to answer your question I prefer high tops so you should buy them.

drainpipe

Reaction score
Does anyone know how the sizing is for Wrath Arcane jackets? Most smalls are still too big for me as I have a 44" chest. My best fit jackets are my medium Hare M65 and my size 1 Julius blazer.

On a related note, I'm looking for a light spring/summer jacket. Being in socal, spring comes extra early. Anyone have any suggestions?

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear size 10 in chucks, what size would i wear in Vans ?

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drainpipe
Does anyone know how the sizing is for Wrath Arcane jackets? Most smalls are still too big for me as I have a 44" chest. My best fit jackets are my medium Hare M65 and my size 1 Julius blazer.

On a related note, I'm looking for a light spring/summer jacket. Being in socal, spring comes extra early. Anyone have any suggestions?

34"?

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I doubt a medium hare would fit someone with a 44" chest. I'm guessing he typically wears a size 44 in euro brands. In that respect, i really doubt wrath arcane is superslim or anything like hare. You'd probably need a xs in that brand if it runs like most other similar brands (ndg, bson, corpus, surface2air)

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Speaking of BSon and S2A, have you seen this thread? I heard you're a fan.

TheresMorgan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
If by outside the norm you mean more diesel and stuff like that, try www.honestforum.com

I really do encourage you to stick around and try to develop a style on this website as it can be done for cheaper. Brands like American Apparel, (i'm guessing you don't have h&m or uniqlo in texas but those are good), getting just 1 pair of nice relatively expensive jeans like APC or even a well fitting pair of levis 514 or 511, some decent converse or vans, and then the occasional discounted piece on sale from a website or in the buy & sell thread and you'll be well on your way to looking solid for cheap. Don't forget ebay, military suprlus stores and stuff like that. Western shirts, military jackets and such can look good if you wear them right and are pretty cheap. Not like it's any more expensive than abercrombie, etc...

For example, i'm 21 and and when i first started on this site i just bought a pair of darker slimmer jeans for $30 (levis 514), a western shirt, 2 pairs of chucks and some american apparel basics and just built from there as i tried to develop a style i felt represented me more. The people here are very friendly and most importantly patient. It's over a year later and i've pretty much shed all my clothes from first starting out a year ago and am always looking from really good deals whether it be big sales or buying second hand clothes.

Hey, thanks a ton. I mean yeah, this site seems absolutely amazing, and I love the plethora of information on it, but a LOT of it seems to be geared towards either a snazzy-adult look or super-expensive streetwear. I've never actually checked out american apparel, but I'll make sure to check it out.. Now. I actually am saving up some money for a pair of more expensive jeans, but I'm not sure exactly which ones to get. You pointed out APC.. Where can I find those? I've also heard people talking about 'diesel' and 'buckle' jeans. Any advice?

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Thanks, whacked. I've scanned the thread awhile back but didn't know they had a pdf file of items and mail orders. I already emailed them Morgan- Depending on what you're looking for, there's a lot you can do for cheap. Like i said, the best thing to do if you're young like me is to just get some well fitting basics to start out. It'll be boring for a bit until you figure out by looking at this site more what you want. If you don't want to spend a lot and expiriment some, grab a pair of nice fitting jeans from say www.denimbaronline.com , some slim fitting tshirts/hoodies/henleys from american apparel, maybe some western shirts from levis.com (good deals on sale) or even ebay. Grab some chucks or vans and you'll be set for the first few months of being on this site. You'll eventually learn what items and style you want invest in (w&h hoodies, japanese denim, BoO button ups, cool outerwear, etc...). You can always post some waywt shots in the future and people are usually happy to help.

Musselma

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheresMorgan
Hey, thanks a ton. I mean yeah, this site seems absolutely amazing, and I love the plethora of information on it, but a LOT of it seems to be geared towards either a snazzy-adult look or super-expensive streetwear. I've never actually checked out american apparel, but I'll make sure to check it out.. Now. I actually am saving up some money for a pair of more expensive jeans, but I'm not sure exactly which ones to get. You pointed out APC.. Where can I find those? I've also heard people talking about 'diesel' and 'buckle' jeans. Any advice?
It doesn't carry A.P.C. but http://www.denimbaronline.com is a good place to get a lot of different denim brands for great prices. I thought I'd mention this both as a free plug for a good store and because you've said you're not really sure what you're looking for. If you're dead set on A.P.C., http://www.contextclothing.com/ sells some A.P.C. denim, though it appears they have nothing in stock at the moment. edit: I see chrono beat me to the denimbar suggestion another edit: You can also check out the Buying and Selling forum to get some jeans on the cheap, but they may or may not come heavily distressed from the previous owner, and some people have a thing against wearing unwashed jeans used by someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads