• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

*** Official F/w 2011 Runway Thread ***

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Loved how theatrical ann's show was, I wish the mens collection was as strong.
This is incredible:
ann-demeulemeester-rtw-fw2011-runway-16_135324187979.jpg

Yohji was also really cool, Junya was ok, and Undercover seemed to have been overrun by cats.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The mens was pretty spectacular as well. Plus, what I like about ann is that with mens and women her vision is intact, and she doesn't change because of gender. You can't say the same about Junya unfortunately. All the experimentation and creativity seems to be spent on the womens line.

Anns mens collection actually had an interesting use of colors in contrast of black vs the womens which was purely black. I enjoyed both takes, though

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ I'm amazed by this look, and a bit scarred

I didn't find the mens collection weaker honestly, a bit more dramatic but that's to be expected, and it's pretty cohesive (edit: Lane beat me to it)

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I felt that with the mens collection there wasn't as many (or at all) these 'halo' pieces that were shown in the womens show. That's not to say I didn't like the mens collection, it was very classic ann. Updated layering schemes with nice fabrics. I didn't like a lot of the cuts on the jackets though so that probably added to my disappointment.

dwyhajlo

Reaction score
Found a couple pics of Undercover womens runway stuff, and it looks pretty good. From what I saw it seemed very reminiscent of the FW 2007/2008 stuff, moreso than the two intervening FW collections. I kind of wish Takahashi would expand on some of the FW 2009/2010 ideas, which is top 10 G.O.A.T. collections for me.
At this point, Jun Takahashi is pretty much favorite designer currently operating.

Have there been any signs of the mens FW 2011/2012 stuff yet?

Also, anyone who doesn't like the womens Junya collection is certifiably insane. That stuff is fantastic.

Not usually a huge fan of Ann Demeulemeester, but this womens collection is pretty great.
Maybe I'm just noticing this now, but the gloves for both collections are amazing. Definitely going to kop a pair for myself when they become available.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the gloves are incredibly hard to pull off, and is one of the most interesting aspects of the male collection. Or at least what stands out the most to me.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I want a girl to serve me doppios on a Segway in that whole collection, day after day. I'll have her pause so I can check what's going on under the hood of those short dresses and then send her back for paninis.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Fellow Linguist
^ Reminds me of Jil
+1.
a. because kelv posted it
b. because the lines are simple
c. the colourful ensemble

Originally Posted by impolyt_one
I want a girl to serve me doppios on a Segway in that whole collection, day after day. I'll have her pause so I can check what's going on under the hood of those short dresses and then send her back for paninis.

when did you learn italian?
laugh.gif

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by driveslowk
Giambattista Valli

1,2,6, and 9 are amazing. Leaves a lot of room for individual styling, or just to be extremely minimal

That Ann look is mindblowing, such an incredible aspect of what fashion can be.

Platypus

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Just a couple shows I like: - Hussein Chalayan:
001m9824361.jpg
011m9824852.jpg
033m9825789.jpg
036m9825832.jpg
Not his best work, but it is still really nice. And it is not over-styled (which has been my pet peeve as of late). - Celine
00010m.jpg
00050m.jpg
00130m.jpg
00170m.jpg
This is just really really good. And on a personal note; this is the collection I most wish would be translated into menswear. - Ann was OTT is a good way. - Junya was fantastic if something of a repeat (though if he does repeat collections...the biker theme is the one to go for). - Sarah Burton (Alexander Mcqueen) sure can design a gown. I don't make these types of comments much, but when she came out at the end it was, let's say, slightly incongruous with what she designs. - Haider Ackermann - I really like the feeling of opulence and the jewel tones, but the more I look at it the less I like it overall. - A.F. Vandevorst is great. - I did not like Yohji. Just didn't feel like him to me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads