• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official 2015-2016 college football thread

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
SUCK IT, CHICKENS.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

And Georgia looking bad against Vandy. Not to rub too much salt into the wound but I would say Vandy and Tulane are probably around equally "good" and Tech's C squad looked a lot better than UGA's A team. Spurrier's gonna smoke the Dawgs (again).

Let's see, both have 0-2 records but with that limited pool of data, their stats are almost universally bad (although Vandy's defensive efficiency 30th so pretty good) and they go back and forth depending on the category which one is worse, resume wise, Tulane's faced two tougher opponents (with what barely qualifies as a sample size but whatever), I pulled up the 2014 recruiting class stats and according to ESPN, Vandy had two fewer commits than Tulane but 2 in the ESPN 300, Vandy had three-four star recruits and an average score of 76.41 compared to Tulane with only three-star recruits but an average grade of 72.78.

Just looking at FEI, Vandy is 74th while Tulane is 93 and in the F/+ Combined Ratings Tulane is 98th while Vandy is 77th.

So, yeah. Looking at the stats, Vandy is so much better than Tulane.

I spent too much time comparing Vandy-Tulane but I do know that USC has been substantially better in the second half of games than it has in the first and you can either trust me on this or rely on your trenchant analysis which has consisted of, I'm guessing, just looking at the headlines and maybe the box scores. #yeomanswork

I mean this with no disrespect but this is literally stupid--and I would know about being stupid. Vandy and Tulane are both bad teams. I don't know why you're spending so much time to split hairs on how much worse Tulane might be when they are pretty much equally not good. That's not a controversial claim. And of Vandy's whopping nine home wins against the Dogs, seven came before the Beatles were even formed.

I'm also surprised to see someone whose education and career revolves around stats just so glibly reject their utility.

EDINATLANTA
FAILS
AGAIN

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dawgs looked impressive all around. Honestly can't remember them playing this well against USC in the last ten years. Usually South Carolina and Spurrier give us fits, even if we're decidedly the better team, but this was a straight ass kicking the whole game.

And ****, Greyson. Wut. 24 of 25 for 330? Nobody predicted that **** after last week.

Also, goddamit Arkansas. You're making the SEC look bad. Need to give my Razorback buddies a hard time.

Last edited:

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend an NCAA streaming site that doesn't want my credit card number?

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have to admit that I enjoyed seeing USC go down and am enjoying watching Bama most likely suffer the same fate. Plus any day Auburn loses is a good day.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So, I didn't get to watch the game, but Texas came from three touchdowns behind only to miss a motherfucking pat? :brick:

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

So, I didn't get to watch the game, but Texas came from three touchdowns behind only to miss a motherfucking pat? :brick:

And one of the 'Horns set the record for most yards in a game from a single player.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads