• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

MarkinLondon

Reaction score
My friend. With all the love in the world I say that it sounds to me that you might be over thinking this. New boots are going to be a nuisance for the first 30 - 40 wears I should think. If longer use is annoying you it might be worth considering wearing them for around 15 - 30 minutes a day for a while before extending usage times. Tricker's especially are built like tanks. My own Stows have been used for months and maybe had one conditioning and they look and feel fantastic now. There were days however when I fought foot fatigue etc etc but long gone now. Good luck with your new pair.

* : I will also add that the above only holds if you are sized correctly.
You are correct, I am surely overthinking it, an affliction that has hounded me for years. Everyone‘s advice is exactly correct, simply be patient. Thanks too for the perspective on break in time, expected it to take a more than a few wearings. Thanks everyone.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Austerity Stows in acorn.
migH3KF1Qbu5fiAcblNJ_w.jpg

BSTM

Reaction score
Sometimes I get mightily sick of being on the Tricker's Factory mailing list. It often seams like they add one pair of loafers, in size 6 Rhubarb, and then hit the "Mail Everybody" button. I duly look and of course no change whatsoever in the sizes I look for. It must be the same for many of us.

Be good if Tricker's could have a mailing list where you gave them the sizes you are interested in AND they only mailed you when new shoes in those sizes got added.

Or if you logged in to the site there was a "Show shoes in my sizes" button to quickly press...

milkbaby

Reaction score
Does the general Tricker's fan here find that the 4444 last is a half size larger than the 4497s last as indicated by the Tricker's website? Or do you tend to wear the same size?

I have a pair of Bourton shoes that I got second hand that were supposedly an outlet/sample purchase. I also got a pair of Stow boots recently. The interior writing shows they are both 8.5 and 5 width. However, the Bourton doesn't feel any larger to me, and in fact, it seems to rub my pinky toe whereas the Stow does not.

It's there any chance my Bourtons were a sample built on a different last than the 4444?

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Does the general Tricker's fan here find that the 4444 last is a half size larger than the 4497s last as indicated by the Tricker's website? Or do you tend to wear the same size?

I have a pair of Bourton shoes that I got second hand that were supposedly an outlet/sample purchase. I also got a pair of Stow boots recently. The interior writing shows they are both 8.5 and 5 width. However, the Bourton doesn't feel any larger to me, and in fact, it seems to rub my pinky toe whereas the Stow does not.

It's there any chance my Bourtons were a sample built on a different last than the 4444?
Peel back the sock liner and the last will be written/stamped on the heel. I've only checked one pair where it wasn't.

Some retailers have had Bourton style produced on 4497 or even 2298.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads