• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Now that we're on the new system....

bubba04

Reaction score
...can the mods please, please, please take to opportunity to discourage (or better yet, BAN) the stipulation of PayPal payments as gift in B&S?? This practice is not only an invitation for scamming but also a circumvention of PayPal policy. As big as this forum is, it should not condone that rampant behavior.

If buyer and seller agree to effect payment as gift in order to shave some $$ off the price tag, GREAT -- but let's not advertise items with asking prices that assume payments made as gift.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score

...can the mods please, please, please take to opportunity to discourage (or better yet, BAN) the stipulation of PayPal payments as gift in B&S?? This practice is not only an invitation for scamming but also a circumvention of PayPal policy. As big as this forum is, it should not condone that rampant behavior.

If buyer and seller agree to effect payment as gift in order to shave some $$ off the price tag, GREAT -- but let's not advertise items with asking prices that assume payments made as gift.

The mods have made clear thousands of times that they don't get involved in this kind of issue.

But we're all very happy that your first post about the new system was one where you are bitching.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The mods have made clear thousands of times that they don't get involved in this kind of issue.

But we're all very happy that your first post about the new system was one where you are bitching.

:lol: layin down the law

bubba04

Reaction score
That wasn't bitching -- just a suggestion :fu:

I just read the rules and it does not mention it. Some sensitive folks....

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's good to see SF back, I missed it. No adverts or sponsors though, I have just posted about this in the transmod thread.

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
i am really liking it and i am sure it will just improve over there next few days... if not then i will freak out about how f**ked up my selling threads are :embar:

only 1 item per selling thread?? what is that trying to achieve? i'm sure i'll understand it soon enough

and... sellers fees, i was wondering when that would happen

Last edited:

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Been getting used to the system. You all need to stop complaining. Your brains will adjust and acclimate. I like it quite a bit. Maybe some tweaks needed, but overall it will be a better experience.

JapanAlex01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Things I like: the thumbs up function (although, I have seen this go awry so many times elsewhere), the speed of the new system is incredible, it generally feels more modern/sleek, the reply system is easier to use, and I like how you can read a line of the last poast!

Things I dislike (at least, for now): the new colour scheme (everything is too light/not enough contrast, so you can't see where you are half the time), and the signature function is now broken.

Last edited:

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score

Maybe I missed something, but it is right in the rules of the new guidelines to post an add in the B&S section. Not sure why it is under the "Buyers" section, but it is there. Should be moved up to the seller section IMO.

Buyers:

1) You are strongly encouraged to leave seller feedback. Please leave respectful feedback. Any feedback with profanity will be deleted. If you are not the buyer, kindly do not leave feedback. If you do so, you may be subject to serious penalties.

2) Please do not list any payment terms that are against the terms of service for any other website. For example, please do not ask for “personal payments,” from Paypal.

Last edited:

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

That wasn't bitching -- just a suggestion :fu:

I just read the rules and it does not mention it. Some sensitive folks....

Let the buyer/seller beware...and keep the mods out of it!

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Re. Paypal payment terms - we have no relationship with Paypal. It's a best practices thing. What you do privately is not our business, but we do not intend to get in trouble by allowing people to advertise terms of sale that are against Paypal TOS.
This is from the beta area, but I don't think Fok would mind.

bubba04

Reaction score

Maybe I missed something, but it is right in the rules of the new guidelines to post an add in the B&S section. Not sure why it is under the "Buyers" section, but it is there. Should be moved up to the seller section IMO.

2) Please do not list any payment terms that are against the terms of service for any other website. For example, please do not ask for “personal payments,” from Paypal.

I stand corrected. Missed that, probably because it was under "Buyers" instead of "Sellers". Carry on.

scarphe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
where is the ignore list on he new site or has that been stripped?. i know there plenty people that prefer not to see my posts the same way i prefer not see certain certain posters.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads