• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Was never a big fan of Cortez.

Nice 180s though, Knicks colorway? Hoping for another win tonight to stay in the playoffs?

Last edited:

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I regularly wear dress shoes I haven't worn any sneakers in forever. Besides when I know when my shoes would get ruined easily which I have a pair of new balance 420.
Which I admit is a bit too narrow for my wide feet so I been looking to replace them.

I think i'll try on a pair in person to get my fit then I'll buy online.

Thank you RFX45

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Air Vortex/Montreal > NB420

For beach shoes, Rosherun seems good for it. How about the Lunar Presto? I find slip on shoes seems best for the beach? You can probably afford to get these wet too, not sure though.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I thought they'd make killer beach shoes...Cortez's are under $100 right?

Just rock sandals at the beach, man. Unless you're on some Killer Cam tip with the no sandals rule, lol.

Yeah, those are flowers on them. But it's Nike. They come up with all angles to release new colorways, a la black history pack, the natives, etc.

If you want them, they're still on nikestore.com along with all other shoes that launched this morning.

Last edited:

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Just rock sandals at the beach, man. Unless you're on some Killer Cam tip with the no sandals rule, lol.

Yeah, those are flowers on them. But it's Nike. They come up with all angles to release new colorways, a la black history pack, the natives, etc.

If you want them, they're still on nikestore.com along with all other shoes that launched this morning.

Saw that, not the turquoise color way though. I hate sandals, as a runner, hockey player and soccer player my feet are nasty, real nasty. Do they have other colorways online?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
looks i'm still stickin to my frees for the gym, thanks for saving me money nike

thenewjs

Reaction score
i was also thinking about picking up the black flyknit trainers that hit restock thing is how is it for walking and being on your feet all day? not running thing is $150 price tag i keep thinking i might as well go into the $300 range then.

do they hold up well or wear out fast?

thanks

I have no problem at all walking in them the whole day, as some said they have some heel rubbing problems but I never had it. These trainers are a big step up if you've been wearing CPs/Margiela or dress shoes/boots all week long. Ventilation is great too, perfect spring/summer. Trainers are more cushion than Racers so it'll be better for walking comfort, LunarOne+ also has better cushioning too.

Mine is holding up well, but I do have plenty of shoes on rotation but these are meant for running so I think occasional walking won't wear it out too fast.

As for waiting for it to go on sale, it's risky and I am not sure many sizes will get there. It isn't selling out as quick as it did before though so some might go on sale but it is no guarantee. Really up to you if you can drop $150 for some Nikes now.

I was going to come in and talk about this very topic. I have been in New York for 4 days now. I have been walking all around this city in my Flyknits. They have been stepped on, caught on curves, and taken a pretty good beating these last 4 days. I am 6' 3" with a long and very fast stride. SO, my feet and knees take a beating. I am a disabled vet due to the damage done to my knees while I was serving. My job requires me to walk alot and I normally don't make it pass the first couples hours before my knee begins to hurt. I have gone three days without severe pain I normally experience at work. These shoes are great for walking. Not sure how they would fair with running though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads