• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nigel Cabourn

Jagger_On

Reaction score
I'm hoping it's a different story in person but some of the product shots just make the menswear look a bit lifeless. It's a shame that nowhere in London really carries it anymore apart from Trunk who only had a little selection the last time I was in. Hopefully, I'll be able to get in to Edinburgh when I go home for Easter as Corniche always have a fairly big selection.

Cabwhouren84

Reaction score
I have the Cold Weather parka in a 54 and had seen somewhere that the Everest Parka fits large

So my question is; would I get away with a size 52 in the Everest Parka, or, stick to a size 54?

Over to you guys!

Mon Dieu

Reaction score
I have the Cold Weather parka in a 54 and had seen somewhere that the Everest Parka fits large

So my question is; would I get away with a size 52 in the Everest Parka, or, stick to a size 54?

Over to you guys!

Tried on the "Everest" in the size 50 (am 40 US) and 48 would have gone for the smaller a 36 could have worked for me.....It's a lotta of coat. but very, very nice....

REDMOND

Reaction score

Over to you guys!

i had the everest in royal blue am usually 54 in cabourn 56 in the mallory due to the narrow shoulders,, my everest was a 50 there huge, and not the type of jacket you could layer

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone who owns the Compton and Mallory give me a comparison on fit? I'm okay in a 52 in the Cameraman but need a 54 in the Mallory. Thanks.

Cabwhouren84

Reaction score
Thank you for the info on the fit of the Everest Parka

Another curiosity I have for you guys is; where could one find replacement buttons for the Workwear Jean, or any replacement buttons for that matter?

I thank you.

PhilVo

Reaction score
I picked up a crazy cameraman from Yoox for 220€ including shipping... :O really excited!!

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This years cameraman is a little too "crazy" for me, but still a great price.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Compton in Maroon/Gold arrived yesterday - excellent service from Corniche.

Lovely jacket, I wouldn't want it any tighter in the shoulders or longer in the body though - if you're tall and slim it would probably be perfect.

Grove

Reaction score
The Compton in Maroon/Gold arrived yesterday - excellent service from Corniche.

Lovely jacket, I wouldn't want it any tighter in the shoulders or longer in the body though - if you're tall and slim it would probably be perfect.

Nice one. I've looked at that jacket so many times, it's really lovely but don't think I could pull it off. You'll definitely do it justice. Looking forward to seeing your fit.

Eric Gill Sans

Reaction score
Hi all Cabourn fans

Just want to bore you and warn you from my experiences with probably the worst consumer experience of my life from the online retailer Coggles now owned and run by The Hut Group in the UK.

My advice is to avoid at all cost - if you see a Nigel Cabourn piece advertised by Coggles in your size which you like, I would do everything to try to procure it from one of the many other fantastic Nigel Cabourn stockists.

I have probably spent around £15K on Nigel Cabourn clothing from just about every Cabourn retailer over the last 4 years, past and present. Outstanding service from LN-CC, Oki Ni, Oi Polloi, Tres Bien all who sadly don't stock Cabourn anymore and outstanding service from current retailers - UshowU, End Clothing, Trunk, Superdenim, Cultizm and Corniche. All are brilliant and passionate about Cabourn, offer great customer service and advice and I have had absolutely no problem returning and getting refunds for the few items that didn't fit or i didn't think suited me.

I am a Managing Director and business owner of a small to medium sized business and know how processes and customer service works and Coggles is in my view a complete disaster on every level and should not be anywhere near selling premium clothing and especially Nigel Cabourn clothing.

I placed two orders for Cabourn pieces on line within 10 minutes of each other on an evening a few weeks ago in their sale for what was i was hoping to be a matching suit of the formal trousers and business jacket both in my size.

4 days later, 4 packages arrived through 3 separate parcel delivery firms all on the same day. The reason there were 4 packages was that each order came with a free Esquire magazine sent separately. The packages came from Yodel, DPD and Royal Mail on on the same day to my business address.

OK at least they arrived.

Despite my phone call to customer services a week early inquiring what the tag size of the XS business jacket was - i was told and referred to their sizing chart that it was a 46, --a 48 arrived.

too big

I contacted customer services to ask if they had the 46 and if this had been sent out in error as they were showing a Small in stock. They didn't know.

The Small then sold to another member on this forum Ferry who got the 50!!!

They also still had the Medium advertised and in stock on their website so i politely enquired if they could check what the tag size of that one left was just in case

No they couldn't as it was in their warehouse and its a complicated system and anyway it is showing that that last jacket was not in stock at all and isn't there and will be taken off the system and offline

(It was still on-line ready to buy for 5 days after this conversation when it disappeared)!

so I asked for a returns number so I could send both orders back for a refund which i got and i carefully packed both orders including the free magazines exactly as they arrived neatly in their respective boxes with the returns notes duly filled in.

They arranged collection by their courier for the next day, nobody turned up so i rang to rearrange for the Friday.

Then unannounced a day late Yodel came to collect both orders, my staff asked for proof of collection which really threw them, calls to bosses as they didn't know what to do but eventually the courier left a Yodel barcoded ticket with his name and date and that 2 packets had been collected.

a week went by and i eventually got a refund for the jacket through paypal but nothing for the other order, the trousers.

i contacted Customer services several times to ask what was happening and when

They told me twice that this order hadn't been redelivered into the warehouse yet - strange as it was with the jacket and collected at the same time.

I contacted Yodel and found out that the barcoded ticket i was left was meaningless and they had no record of any packets being collected or delivered !!!

After a few more days and calls i was sent an email that i couldn't reply to, saying that they were refusing a refund and were sending the trousers back to me because they had been worn and they were without the original tags and barcode.

!!!!??????xxxx !!!!!

Arhhhhhhh

They arrived back to me a few days later in perfect condition exactly as i sent them with the label and barcode still attached through the rear button loop face up in the packaging, clearly visible.

i hadn't even tried the trousers on and were neatly folded and they had unfinished hems so it was ludicrous to suggest that they had been worn

also I got the returns number and arranged for them to be collected on the very first day they first arrived.

I have now sent a letter and sent an email and spoken to their customer services and sent photos to which i have not had the courtesy of a reply.

Still waiting

Please avoid Coggles and buy from the other establishments - you have been warned

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sounds an horrendous experience!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads