1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Nigel Cabourn

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Fuuma, Nov 14, 2010.

1. zissou

zissou Well-Known Member

The RAF grey (light blue?) was my favorite Mallory from this past AW.

If anyone comes across a vest (sz 50) or four pleat trousers (sz 34) in the 2011 Navy HT, I'd be very interested. A bit of a white whale at this point, i imagine, although I did recently find them in Army. I tried a Navy Mallory vest on back in 2011 and should have bought it then...

2. turunen

turunen Active Member

[​IMG]
    I'm also rather partial to a Mallory and have bought one or two every A/W since 2010/11. It has to be in Harris tweed though, I've no interest whatsoever in any of the S/S releases. My current rotation pictured, wearing this seasons tobacco the most, really nice in the flesh

1 person likes this.
  3. zissou

zissou Well-Known Member

The only SS Mallory I've liked is the one made with Irish linen from Ulster Weavers. It's one of the nicest linen fabrics I've felt.

I forgot I had one in my closet :embar:

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  4. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Well-Known Member

I didn't think the SS14 Mallorys were bad. You'd have to pair them up with chinos and not denim if you ask me, but I'm still considering one. Of course they don't compare to the Harris Tweed Mallory. For me that is the iconic Cabourn piece, though I could see the Cameraman and Everest being considered that as well.

I see you added two this AW. [​IMG] Thoughts on the leather brown color? I prefer the RAF grey, which is my first choice, but the leather brown is interesting. I just wish my brown or brown-black Mallorys were 50s and not 52s. I might add one or two this year myself, but I'm watching a few other pieces. Just nabbed two more yesterday, so basically one or two left that I'm watching. One is more probably than the other. In a few weeks when it's all said and done I'll post my thoughts on what I've bought and/or tried this AW.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  5. rexet

rexet Well-Known Member

I finaly found a cameraman to try in a shop and I know now I need a 46 :)
    Online shops here I am, I need to find a good deal.

6. irbe

irbe Well-Known Member

Man that is an impressive collections

7. Eric Gill Sans

Eric Gill Sans Well-Known Member

It is , very nice collection - must admit I was sorely tempted with the tobacco Mallory as I like the Mallory with slightly lighter ventile patches to the main body fabric

8. Phil McCrackin

Phil McCrackin Well-Known Member

Cropped Taffy , now this does interest me ..
    [​IMG]

9. turunen

turunen Active Member

[​IMG]

My thoughts on the tobacco/brown/tan/leather (delete as appropriate depending on where you purchased!) Mallory are that it's an excellent addition to the colours available that, as always, looks better in the flesh than the store pictures portray. I'd say the same for the RAF, lovely flecks of greys and blues in the tweed and both will get plenty of wear over the coming years.

10. REDMOND

REDMOND Well-Known Member

indigo 13
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Eric Gill Sans

Just watching Ski Sunday on the BBC - nice to see Nikki Lauda wearing The Cabourn Parka at Kitzbuhel

[​IMG]

12. Mon Dieu

Mon Dieu Well-Known Member

Ha,,Nice catch on the pic...

Still looking for a black twist 48 for the 4/5 times I would wear it per yr. Looks as though I missed the boat...
    No worries always next season.
    Enjoy

13. imperium6

imperium6 Member

Hi quick question about the munson boot if im a 101/2 in mcnairy (sanders) to 11 in cheaney will a 44.5 be right, slightly big of course is ok

14. rexet

rexet Well-Known Member

Damned, I didn't succeed to get a Cameraman for sale :( !
    If anyone want to sell one in size 46 feel free to PM me :)

15. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Well-Known Member

So I had mentioned my SS13 orange Aircraft Jacket a couple of weeks back and how it had a bird dropping on it which interestingly enough didn't happen while I was bird watching. Ornithology and the opportunity for Nigel to designer some birding pieces, I did finally get around to tackling the stain this weekend. I'd waited as it was dried by the time I got home that day and it wasn't doing anything. So I bought a small handheld brush, grabbed some paper towels and the dishwashing soap and headed to the utility sink. Just running it under water nearly cleaned it off entirely. On top of that the water literally just rolled off the ventile. Still I applied some of the dishwashing soap with the paper towel. I also brushed it and it was nearly perfect. I repeated it one more time after I had dried it off and I was done. Just like new again. I'm very impressed. Behold the power of ventile!

16. Grove

Grove Well-Known Member

Glad it worked out. Sounds like the DWR did it's job. You may want to check it's still beading in that area. Not sure which type of dishwashing soap you used but often anything stronger than pure soak flakes/ Nikwax tech wash/Grangers 30° etc will remove the DWR. In which case you may want to reproof with Grangers XT.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  17. PhilVo

PhilVo Well-Known Member

Nigel Cabourn won't have the normal Everest Parka next season.

18. Eric Gill Sans

I would be surprised if he doesn't as the Antarctic parka is a recreation of the one that Sir Edmund Hilary wore on the trans Antartic expedition which forms the theme of the collection
    I know that there is a more extreme special version but I would guess that shops will still order the standard one

19. PhilVo

PhilVo Well-Known Member

I talked to the NC team at LN:C and they explicitly said: No standard Everest Parkas this year! But let's see.

20. Grove

Grove Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 26, 2015