• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NFL 2016-17 Thread

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes, ed. i asked that.

Welker - Gone
Hernandez - Gone
Woodhead - Gone
Lloyd - Gone
Gronk - Gone for first six games
Amendola - Injured
Vereen - Injured
When your choice for #1 receiver is between Edelman and two rookies who seem to drop more balls than they catch, it's tough.

fair enough, but i expect more from him.

David23

Reaction score
yes, ed. i asked that.

Before the season NE fans were talking about how Brady will turn these guys into stars like Welker. "It doesn't matter who he is throwing to, Brady makes them good." Couple of games go by and the same fans are complaining Brady has no one to throw to.

Fact is Brady has been inconsistent himself this season, Ive seen quite a few inaccurate passes.

Last edited:

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

yes, ed. i asked that.

Yeah, he probably expects more from himself too.

Before the season NE fans were talking about how Brady will turn these guys into stars like Welker. "It doesn't matter who he is throwing to, Brady makes them good." Couple of games go by and the same fans are complaining Brady has no one to throw to.

Fact is Brady has been inconsistent himself this season, Ive seen quite a few inaccurate passes. 

I don't know any NE fans who were expecting the sort of explosive offense NE has had over the past couple of years. Most of us were expecting an improved defense, better ground game and a passing attack that would be a step or two back (perhaps not this many steps back, but still). My prediction for this season was for NE to finish 11-5 by virtue of playing in the NFC East and probably get the #3 seed. I expected Amendola to replace Welker's production when he was healthy, the last bit being key, and everyone else to be a downgrade.

Brady's had some rough moments too, but it doesn't help when you have no confidence that your receivers will run the right route or catch the ball. I think Brady makes the receivers around him better, but developing chemistry with an entirely new set of skill players takes time for even the best. There's no reason Edelman should ever have 13 catches in a game. Re: Welker, he is very good, but he's also a receiver that needs an elite QB throwing to him. I think we were stupid to not pay him, but then again we probably weren't expecting Hernandez to be a dumbass and Gronk to be out for almost half the year.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
5-2 is 5-2

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Patriots fans are the biggest chicken littles. I think this is true for all boston sports.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Slightly over .500 is probably enough to take the AFC Least anyway

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Patriots fans are the biggest chicken littles. I think this is true for all boston sports.

My experience is the opposite, although I admit to spending a lot less time in Boston than I used to. But Boston fans are one of the bigger "irrational confidence" bases that I know (New York being another one IMO)

I mean, it's not like you're breaking out the sackcloth and ashes over a 6-1 team like Stitchy is up there

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Red Sox fans are always in fear that a late season/postseason collapse is imminent.

I think a lot of people's attitudes about their team depend on what era they grew up during. I imagine that people who grew up watching Eli have more confidence in the Giants than those of us who endured Dave Brown, Danny Kanell and Kerry Collins. There is also a tinge of perpetual disappointment with older fans which is a typical NY response to anything.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They are also from Irish stock. Not the most optimistic people.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score

Jets snitched to the refs on the Patriots re. pushing teammate in the back penalty. Love it!

Why is it "snitching" in that instance but not on every other play when some player or coach is complaining that a penalty should have been called on a member of the other team?

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Welker - Gone
Hernandez - Gone
Woodhead - Gone
Lloyd - Gone
Gronk - Gone for first six games
Amendola - Injured
Vereen - Injured

When your choice for #1 receiver is between Edelman and two rookies who seem to drop more balls than they catch, it's tough.

They need Neo, catching balls from Brady is his true calling.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yeah, but Brady's balls are just going to constantly bounce off his chin. i fail to see how that's any different from the current Patriots WRs

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member