• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Naked and famous denim

mickey711

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
It might be hard to believe but some genuine stuff is also sold in Thailand. I got the name of the shop from the Nudie jeans website - Adjective. They had a lot of Nudies but it was my first experience with Nudies and I didnt like them. Anyways, they had some N & F as well and gave me a 20% discount. The 21 oz was 7500 THB retail and 6000 THB after discount which works out to around 180 USD. At that time the 21 oz was 215 USD at farinelli's and around 30 USD shippin from US to India. Why not, currently its 22 celsius in the daytime and 4 celsius at nighttime.
I've gone to Adjective before, and it seems like they mark up the prices. The Slim Jim Dry Japans are 7500 THB, which are, converted to USD, approximately $25 more than the retail price in the States. There's also another store, Pronto, which sells April 77, Cheap Monday, Imperials, PRPS, etc. for prices close to retail, but the staff aren't very friendly and knowledgeable. I was browsing their wares the other day, and another customer was also there, talking to a SA, and he asked them about my jeans (I was wearing my Nudie Slim Jims in the Saltwater wash). The SA told him my jeans were fake, and when asked why, he simply replied that he 'just knows these things'.
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
Originally Posted by jaychiz
IMGP0226.jpg

That N&F shirt looks really nice. Maybe I'll get one from Rooney soon...

wavvvy

Reaction score
is there a real difference between regular Indigo and Deep Indigo? do they fade just the same?

lpounds

Reaction score
I have 3 pairs of N and F... Raw gray, indigo, and the 21oz.

Took me only about 2 days of wear in the 21 oz for them to stop hurting my legs.

I am curious if anyone else has a weird camel toe thing going on. It almost feels like there is too much fabric running to each leg. Sort of hard to explain.

I'm only really experiencing this on the raw grays.

Will post pics if I can get a camera today..

ddragovi

Reaction score
i have indigos, 21oz weirdguys and cashmere slims. and haven't experienced that... as far as I can tell haha.

man those 21oz were ripping the backs of my knees apart the first few days though. how long have you been wearing yours?

PinkPantser

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lpounds
I am curious if anyone else has a weird camel toe thing going on. It almost feels like there is too much fabric running to each leg. Sort of hard to explain.

I'm only really experiencing this on the raw grays.

yup, had a sloppy vajee look on my raw gray slim guys until I washed and dried and they tightened up

lpounds

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ddragovi
i have indigos, 21oz weirdguys and cashmere slims. and haven't experienced that... as far as I can tell haha.

man those 21oz were ripping the backs of my knees apart the first few days though. how long have you been wearing yours?

It's been about 2 months. So far so good. No fading but they are now more comfortable.

Next on my list is the vintage blues. I can't find them anywhere though.

Can anyone recommend what would be a comparable fit to the weird guys in another brand?

Hartmann

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I machine washed my Grey Selvedge Weird Guys after wearing them for 2 months and they came out all fucked up. The bottoms of the pants below the knees now have these long vertical streaks where the grey indigo came off.

The denim also feels like like cheap cardboard, before it was a nice shiny grey. They also shrank like 3 sizes all around.

What the hell.

mr. burns

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hartmann
So I machine washed my Grey Selvedge Weird Guys after wearing them for 2 months and they came out all fucked up. The bottoms of the pants below the knees now have these long vertical streaks where the grey indigo came off.

The denim also feels like like cheap cardboard, before it was a nice shiny grey. They also shrank like 3 sizes all around.

What the hell.

now the name of the cut will be more appropriate when you wear them.

denimaddict

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hartmann

What the hell.

You wash them inside out? You tumble dry or let them air dry? And the denim will soften up, it always comes out stiff after the first couple washed.

Hartmann

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They weren't washed inside out, hang dry. I thought the denim would hold up since it's not blue indigo. Guess not.

My complaint was more that the fabric came out feeling cheap and rough. I've washed several pairs of raw jeans and they were stiff after, but the denim didn't develop a sandpaper texture.

theom-

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
they're just hairy.

And you down sized too much so they shrank back to where they were in the first place + a little extra.

And there is no such thing as "grey indigo".

I highly doubt they shrank "3 sizes all around"

IGF-1

Reaction score
2qmkfbo.jpg
grey weird guys tts, originally sized down 1 but thighs were painted on waist is a little bit loose, and the crotch thing is a bit puzzling will this settle with wear, or should i bite the bullet and track down some ndg classic fit for 2x price? really like the denim hue so might be willing to stick w/ less than perfect fit

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They will definitely loosen, but whether your specific fit issues will be fixed by that is hard to say. Not sure about greys, but indigos tend to require a solid 30 days of wear just to figure out where they are going to go. You do look decent in them. Weirds looks insanely different on different people. I'm gonna guess you're tall, which gives you a stronger fit. Are you going to work on sagging them at all?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads