• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Naked and famous denim

konadog

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Leif-fire-eater
I love the look and concept of N&F, but all the button blow outs have me wondering if I want to spend the money.

the slim guys and skinny guys have zippers - so if those fits work for you no button issues.

_inwonderland

Reaction score
^ Nothing to stop the top button from popping off
tongue.gif

guyferguson

Affiliate vendor
Reaction score
I love the look and concept of N&F, but all the button blow outs have me wondering if I want to spend the money.

I can't speak for everyone who has had button issues, but i know that in the shop here we have not had a single problem since they switched buttons. The old buttons are branded with the N&F logo and feel a bit plastic-like. I had to replace a ton of those when they were being used. The new buttons have no branding on them and seem to be really solid. I'm not positive, but they appear to be the exact same buttons as i have on an older pair of Diors. N&F is also really good about supplying extra buttons if you contact them, and they are very simple to replace yourself.

nomad

Reaction score
i've never had any problems with the new buttons and i'm sure you won't unless you go overboard with sizing down

senseigmg

Reaction score
I've been wearing Weird Guys for about 6 months with no button issues. The buttons are not branded, except for the top one.

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

issue's been fixed

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jaychiz
just picked up a N&F oxford, love the quality of the cloth, and the stiff collar is sooo nice

but i can't get my hand through the sleeve if it's already buttoned, it'll take some practice to master the button cuff

Compared to Gitman or EG, how would you say the quality and fit of N&F shirts are like?

I like EG but their stuff fits like a tent.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jaychiz
issue's been fixed

Please explain. Did you mean that the issue of button blowouts has been fixed by N & F at their production end ?

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flame
Compared to Gitman or EG, how would you say the quality and fit of N&F shirts are like?

I like EG but their stuff fits like a tent.

i don't have either to compare to at the moment (gitman in the mail actually), i love the quality, stiff knit, holds its shape really well, stiffest collar i own and love it. i'll take a fit pic tomorrow, wearing it for new years

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
Please explain. Did you mean that the issue of button blowouts has been fixed by N & F at their production end ?

yeah, they're using a new button, the blow out buttons were the open face style, like a donut, the new ones i'm not sure how to explain but they're covered and rattle a bit when shaken, more give, more secure

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Ok, maybe I will try contacting them for new buttons attaching a pic of my blown out buttons. Dont know what are the chances of them shipping them from Canada to India ..

Further to above, I have contacted N & F and they have offered to send replacement buttons.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads