• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Momotaro

Noirkw

Reaction score
Momo 0305-2G 18 oz:
Has anyone experience with this cut and the fit?? The online store recommends to size up by two, but how much can 18oz denim be expected to loosen?? I'm 31 in 3sixteen, 32 in momo 1705 (which is quite tight!) and not sure which size to choose..

I am curious about that fit too, I am 31 in 3sixteen as well,

there must be more people out there...
I have the Momotaro x The Denim Store 18 oz tight tapered, which is essentially the same cut as the 0305. I wear it in size 30 (sized for thighs and cuffs) and it is REALLY tapered in the lower block, I would suggest to size for your thighs rather than your waist - the thighs / knee areas on mine did not stretch much at all. FYI I wear a 29 in 3sixteen ST-44x, and the 29 on the 0305 cut were too tight in the thighs/knees

pistolero

Reaction score
Momotaro 0705SP after 3 years. Sadly these no longer fit, so they'll be up on the marketplace soon.

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Momotaro 0705SP after 3 years. Sadly these no longer fit, so they'll be up on the marketplace soon.

Looks great. How many washes/soaks?

I've had my 0705SP's for about a year and a half, sporadically worn, no major creases like yours sadly

pistolero

Reaction score
^^ thanks. I'm guessing four washes and two soaks. I also wore mine somewhat sporadically, and the fading didn't start to get interesting until year 2 or so.

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^^ thanks. I'm guessing four washes and two soaks. I also wore mine somewhat sporadically, and the fading didn't start to get interesting until year 2 or so.

:fonz:

Pollit

Reaction score
2 years, that´s a lot. I am wearing 3sixteen SL130, everyday for 4 months and I am starting to see some fade

zola

Reaction score
I received my 0305 a week ago. As stated on the website, sizing up by to sizes from my usual size (31 in 3sixteen) got me a perfect fit.
This is by far far the best fit I found in a momo jeans! ( I tried 705, 400, 702 and own a 1705 in 32). The cut is very slim and tapers a lot.
The 18oz softened quite fast after 2 days but the denim is still very rigid.
I ordered mine in indigo/grey and with the slim cut and the dark colour they look quite stylish and can be dressed up easily.
So if you look for a more modern, sleek style and prefer more the a.p.c. kind of shape, this jeans is made for you.
My next jeans will be more work style orientated ( iron heard).
I will post pics as soon as they are more broken in.

wolfetan

Reaction score
Hey, I was wondering how big the difference between the Naked and Famous Skinny Guy cut and the Momotaro Tight Straight fit? From what I can find, the N&F is skinnier, but I would love to see if there's some one that has had both, and can let me know! Thanks!

matt1985

Reaction score
Does anyone on here know where some of the Momotaro stores are located in Tokyo? I'm heading over in April and want to buy a pair of the 0305-18B. Done a quick google search and found one, but i'm just wondering if there are more stores located around the Harajuku, Shinjuku and Shibuya areas??

If there are stores located in Osaka, or Kyoto that would help also. Thanks guys

lordjeebus

Reaction score
They don't have a lot of stores. There are 2 in Tokyo. The more convenient one to Harajuku is the Aoyama store in the Ao building near Omotesando station.

matt1985

Reaction score
They don't have a lot of stores. There are 2 in Tokyo. The more convenient one to Harajuku is the Aoyama store in the Ao building near Omotesando station.
Thanks, that's the store I found on google. I guess i'll cross over there and have a look. Roughly how long would it take to get there? Are the train lines easy enough to navigate? Thanks.

lordjeebus

Reaction score
Getting from Harajuku to Aoyama is a 10-15 minute walk down one of the nicest streets (called Omotesando) in Tokyo. Or one stop on the Chiyoda line, from Meiji-jingumae station in Harajuku to Omotesando station, if you're in a hurry.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics