• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Momotaro

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

wow you are so thin lol.. is that a size 28?
the colour is do damn dark it makes the denim look like black slacks! awesome!

No, he's not. He's somewhere around W34. Mentioned some posts earlier.

But the cut/fit is also very slim. I think that's the case. Solid fit by the way.

magicalporks

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone here can help me out, but does anyone know the price of a pair of Momos in Japan? Making the trip this summer, so if there's a reasonable difference I'll hold off now and pick up a pair while I'm there.

Dave_SFU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not sure if anyone here can help me out, but does anyone know the price of a pair of Momos in Japan? Making the trip this summer, so if there's a reasonable difference I'll hold off now and pick up a pair while I'm there.

I dont know about with the current exchange rate but a year ago a pair of 701 were i think $10 cheaper at the Momotaro store in Tokyo than they were at BiG

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Most of the basic models start at 23,100 yen, which, at current exchange rates, comes out to $300.46. Unless exchange rates get better, you're probably better off buying at BiG or Blue Owl.

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Here are two quick fit pics of the 0702. This is the first wearing post-soak, so they're still pretty stiff. I did a cold soak for 1 hour, and if there was any shrinkage, it was not significant. Really happy with the fit overall. I'll be curious to see how much they stretch; I'm not expecting much since my other Momos didn't stretch much at all, but if I can get ~ 1/2" in the waist that would be nice.

Very nice fit! You will see about .5"-.75" of stretch in the waist after a couple weeks of wear.

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Momotaro: Denim Restocks
7960000.7b.JPG
Today we received a very large denim restock shipment from Momotaro. The most notable denim in the restock is the new 0702 Deep Indigo denim that was just released last month. Our first shipment nearly sold completely out, but as of today we are fully loaded with 4-5 pieces per each size. This shipment also included restocks of the Grand Indigo and Vintage Label denims. Momotaro Deep Indigo 15oz "Tight Straight" Raw Selvedge Denim - Model 0702 * Momotaro's "tight straight" denim fit is slim in the top block, has a low rise, runs slim in the leg, and tapers slightly torwards the leg opening. * 15oz sanforized raw denim, expect minimal shrinkage * Super dark natural indigo warp, sulphur dyed weft * Deer skin patch * Pink selvedge, pink interior thread - both representing the peach from the "Momotaro" folklore story. * Zimbabwe cotton * Cotton canvas pocket bags * Antique copper rivets * 100% natural cotton thread * Available in sizes 28-34, 36 * Made in Japan
7960000.1b.JPG
7960000.2b.JPG
7960000.6b.JPG
7960000.5b.JPG

Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7960000 Momotaro Grand Indigo 15oz "Tight Straight" Raw Selvedge Denim - Model ER007-2B * Momotaro's "tight straight" denim fit is slim in the top block, has a low rise, runs slim in the leg, and tapers slightly torwards the leg opening. * 15oz sanforized raw denim, expect minimal shrinkage * Deep blue indigo warp, sulphur dyed weft * Deer skin patch * Pink selvedge, pink interior thread - both representing the peach from the "Momotaro" folklore story. * Zimbabwe cotton * Cotton canvas pocket bags * Antique copper rivets * 100% natural cotton thread * Available in sizes 28-34, 36 * Made in Japan
7962002.1b.JPG
7962002.2b.JPG
7962002.6b.JPG
7962002.5b.JPG

Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7962002 Momotaro Vintage Label 15.7oz "Slim Straight" Raw Selvedge Denim - Model 0201 * Momotaro's "slim straight" denim fit is slim in the top block, has a low rise, and visually appears as a straight leg but does have a minimal taper from mid-thigh to the leg opening. * 15.7oz shrink-to-fit raw selvedge * Expect the denim to shrink approximatley 1" in the waist and 2" in length during the first wash. Waist line will stretch back out with consistent wear. * Deep blue natural indigo denim using super-dense 6s yarn Zimbabwe cotton * Deer skin patch * Pink selvedge, pink interior thread - both representing the peach from the "Momotaro" folklore story. * 100% Zimbabwe cotton * 100% natural cotton thread * Available in sizes 28-34, 36, 38, 40, 42 * Sizes 38, 40, 42 available via special order with an additional cost of $30 USD * Made in Japan
7976001.1b.JPG
7976001.2b.JPG
7976001.4b.JPG
7976001.5b.JPG

Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7976001 Momotaro Vintage Label 15.7oz "Tight Straight" Raw Selvedge Denim - Model 0701 * Momotaro's "tight straight" denim fit is slim in the top block, has a low rise, runs slim in the leg, and tapers slightly torwards the leg opening. * 15.7oz shrink-to-fit raw selvedge * Expect the denim to shrink approximatley 1" in the waist and 2" in length during the first wash. Waist line will stretch back out with consistent wear. * Deep blue natural indigo denim using super-dense 6s yarn Zimbabwe cotton * Deer skin patch * Pink selvedge, pink interior thread - both representing the peach from the "Momotaro" folklore story. * 100% Zimbabwe cotton * 100% natural cotton thread * Available in sizes 28-34, 36, 38, 40, 42 * Sizes 38, 40, 42 available via special order with an additional cost of $30 USD * Made in Japan
7976002.1b.JPG
7996001.2b.jpg
7996001.6b.jpg
7996001.5b.jpg

Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7976002 More details cane be seen on our latest blog post: http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/2012/02/momotaro-denim-restocks-0701-deep.html.

rolling green

Reaction score
Jay-D or anyone, what are the differences between the Grand Indigo, Deep indigo,and the Context grand indigo? Are they all the same cut? Measurements look about the same and Zimbabwe and sulfur warp look the same. Any help appreciated

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Jay-D or anyone, what are the differences between the Grand Indigo, Deep indigo,and the Context grand indigo? Are they all the same cut? Measurements look about the same and Zimbabwe and sulfur warp look the same. Any help appreciated

All 3 models have a similar fit that is close to Momotaro's 701 cut. The Context model and the Grand Indigo use the same denim, AFAIK, while the Deep Indigo uses a different indigo dye mix that causes it to be darker than the other two. All 3 models are partially sanforized, but the other two models seem to be more sanforized (about 85%) than the Context model, according to the shrinkage numbers on the Context website.

Aside from that, all of the differences are minor cosmetic details that you can view on the websites selling these jeans.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ I know I've praised these jeans before, but those are effing glorious. Great work IIIrd. I love my PBJs, but Momos are really something else.

hangten

Reaction score
how close of a cut is the 0201 to the Samurai 0500? BiG measurements show that they are pretty close.

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Introducing the Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series: Coming Soon!
momoblueowl.JPG
We are proud to introduce a new project that has been in the works for some time. Later this spring we will begin to introduce a series of collaborations between Momotaro and Blue Owl. These collaborations will feature fits and details which are currently not offered by the Momotaro main denim line. The first 3 collaborations are already finalized and production schedules are set. These first 3 collaborations use unsanforized fabrics, a fit modeled after the Japan Blue "skinny straight" denim, and will be limited to only 40 pairs of denim per run. The first of these 3 collaborations will be the BOMO01 which is in production now and will be released in April 2012. More details coming soon!

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very excited to see these. Congrats Jay!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads