• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Momotaro

Boyd

Reaction score
I would love to see some fit pics of the 0305 18oz as well. I am looking for a modern slim cut but not too tight. By the specs, the momo seems to be very tight, but you never know

Boyd

Reaction score
Shrink about an inch in the waist and up to 2 inches in length. I have found that after a few wears post wash/soak, the waist will open back up a bit

Do you think the waist will open back to prewash size? like one inch? I heard momos vintage label dont strecth much.

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Do you think the waist will open back to prewash size? like one inch?  I heard momos vintage label dont strecth much.

In my experience yes. I've only washed one of my Momo's, other two are still getting broken in. The pair I washed was a special light weight 10oz denim that Blue In Green did about 2 years ago. I've worn them into the ground. They have been washed three times in cold water, and hung dry. The 3rd wash they definitely got tighter in the waist than the two previous washes, but eventually opened back up. They are still a bit tighter, but fit great.

I have always bought Momo true to size in the waist, and though they are snug at first, they do eventually open up.

Bullitt

Reaction score
Got a pair of 0202 that fits me perfectly. Now thinking about getting a new pair of Momotaro’s.
Are 0201 the same fit as 0202? Any other suggestions? Maybe from Copper Label, Iron Hard or PBJ…

Last edited:

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Got a pair of 0202 that fits me perfectly. Now thinking about getting a new pair of Momotaro’s.
Are 0201 the same fit as 0202? Any other suggestions? Maybe from Copper Label, Iron Hard or PBJ…

Yes, they are both the slim straight fit, should work for you

zola

Reaction score

I would love to see some fit pics of the 0305 18oz as well. I am looking for a modern slim cut but not too tight. By the specs,  the momo seems to be very tight, but you never know

I got the 0305-2G indigo/gray in 18oz. They say it is 2 sizes smaller so I got a 33 (my usual waist size would be 31). Honestly I could have sized up to an 34.. I have it more than a year, no wash before 6 month of daily wear, now 3-4 washes.. The thing is still pretty stiff and not comfortable at all. The leg opening is super narrow and I wear them when I want to put them in the boots, a can not get them over higher/ engineer boots.
I have 3 momos and will start to sell them. I won't get more and prefer 3 sixteen and iron heart now. Better denim, better fit, better fading..

Last edited:

Boyd

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, they look indeed very narrow in the leg by the specs. I have 3sixteen st 120 17 oz, its great denim for sure, I don´t have experience with Iron Heart.

Ansel

Reaction score

Do you think the waist will open back to prewash size? like one inch?  I heard momos vintage label dont strecth much.

My size 31 momo 0701 went from 32" to 31" after a cold soak & stretched back to 32" after one wear. My tummy could be exerting a strong force.

Ansel

Reaction score
My momo 0701 raw measurements:

Pre soaked tag 31

Waist - 32"
Front rise - 10.3"
Thigh - 11.75"
Knee - 8.6"
Hem - 7.9"
Inseam - 38.5"

Post 3 hrs tap water soak

Waist - 31"
Front rise - 9.75"
Thigh - 11.5"
Knee - 8.35"
Hem - 7.5"
Inseam - 36.5"

Ansel

Reaction score
Anybody here happens to have a new size 29 MOMOTARO JEANS G004-MB COPPER LABEL 14.7OZ that have not been worn or soaked yet?

The various thigh measurements posted by different retailers are confusing me. Denimio posted 11.7", Okayama posted 11.5" and scout heddels posted 11.25".

I know the G004 is one washed so i am assuming very minimal to no shrinkage in the thigh?

I am so damn confused !!!

Bower

Reaction score
Hello, I recently got the Momo 0701. Presoak fit is like I should size down one size if these were not shrink, should I size down?

I am usually reluctant to use hot water with clothes, since it may affect the look or appearance of the fabric. These jeans look quite nice in this raw presoak state, is hot water going to affect this look somehow? it´s my first pair of unsanforized denim, sorry about the newbie questions.

Ansel

Reaction score
What size did u get Bower?

It's better if u could measure the waist and thigh and factor in shrinkage if your denim is raw.

0701 raw will shrink. Mine shrank 1" in the waist, 0.25" in the thigh and 2" in the inseam.

Ansel

Reaction score
Some guys in the Ironheart forum used boiling water and cooked their leather patch. Makes no difference to shrinkage if it's boiling or hot.

I suggest a cold soak first to gauge your shrinkage for 1st soak. You can always do another warmer 2nd soak if u want more shrinkage.

Take it easy pal. Don't rush.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads