• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Momotaro

ErikW

Reaction score
Give the "Natural Taper" fit a go. I just got a pair from Blue Owl and they fit better than any of my other Japanese jeans. I squat and lunge and don't have a gaunt build so it's hard to find a decent pair but these fit great. I did get a 36 instead of a my trouser size 34 but that's on par with all my other denim.
I agree totally!

CMT1

Reaction score
What's up guys, new Momotaro owner here with a first foray into true premium denim. I admired them from afar until a few months ago when I finally took a chance on a pair of 0205SP from Denimio in size 38.

I'm a somewhat big guy, standing slightly taller than 6' 2" and not the leanest/sveltest/most willowy dude ever at 265 lbs, and I've been running at this weight for the past few years so my legs are ...big.

I couldn't have been happier with the way the 0205SPs fit me from the beginning, and they didn't feel like they required much break-in time. The waist loosened up a bit, but that's about it for stretch.

The 0205Sps fit my thighs perfectly, and the denim quality is awesome. Thick, comfortable, slightly hairy, I've never owned denim like it. If I had one criticism it's that the inseam is very long at 35.4" and requires a huge cuff as a result.

I dropped them off for hemming this past Saturday and I'm looking forward to getting them back.

In the meantime, these were delivered while I was away on Saturday. Also size 38.

While I'm in love with the aesthetic, the BOM00X will definitely require break-in time. They were initially crazy stiff to the point where they felt like cardboard, but they have already begun to soften after two full days of wear. They are less roomy than my 0205SP but this was expected given their online measurements, and (again) I love the look despite currently being a bit snug/unyielding in parts.

The 34" inseam is a perfect length for me, the taper gives everything a very clean look and I am definitely looking forward to this pair breaking in. I did read where someone advised a cold soak in order to rid the denim of some of the starch that would allow it to break in faster, but I need to research this more before attempting it.

In time, I'm hoping that they become as soft and comfortable as the 0205SPs.

Last edited:

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks good. Real like the BOM00X, likely going to pick up a pair myself.

futoshita

Reaction score
hi every body

this is my first message on this forum and I'm very happy to be here :)

back in march I bought a momotaro g014 size 33 which is too large now I lost some weight and I search a more fitted model for the waist and the thigh
other oarts are ok

I tried a g017 size 31 and a samurai jeans s710xx24oz size 32 but there are toois too slim

could you suggest me an other momotaro reference or should I ask for g014 at the right size?

thank you

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's up guys, new Momotaro owner here with a first foray into true premium denim. I admired them from afar until a few months ago when I finally took a chance on a pair of 0205SP from Denimio in size 38.

I'm a somewhat big guy, standing slightly taller than 6' 2" and not the leanest/sveltest/most willowy dude ever at 265 lbs, and I've been running at this weight for the past few years so my legs are ...big.

I couldn't have been happier with the way the 0205SPs fit me from the beginning, and they didn't feel like they required much break-in time. The waist loosened up a bit, but that's about it for stretch.

The 0205Sps fit my thighs perfectly, and the denim quality is awesome. Thick, comfortable, slightly hairy, I've never owned denim like it. If I had one criticism it's that the inseam is very long at 35.4" and requires a huge cuff as a result.

I dropped them off for hemming this past Saturday and I'm looking forward to getting them back.

In the meantime, these were delivered while I was away on Saturday. Also size 38.

While I'm in love with the aesthetic, the BOM00X will definitely require break-in time. They were initially crazy stiff to the point where they felt like cardboard, but they have already begun to soften after two full days of wear. They are less roomy than my 0205SP but this was expected given their online measurements, and (again) I love the look despite currently being a bit snug/unyielding in parts.

The 34" inseam is a perfect length for me, the taper gives everything a very clean look and I am definitely looking forward to this pair breaking in. I did read where someone advised a cold soak in order to rid the denim of some of the starch that would allow it to break in faster, but I need to research this more before attempting it.

In time, I'm hoping that they become as soft and comfortable as the 0205SPs.

Nice post! Are those new pair of Indys, or do you just have a mad shoe care skill?:satisfied:

CMT1

Reaction score

Nice post! Are those new pair of Indys, or do you just have a mad shoe care skill?:satisfied:

Heh. Thanks ceoceo, I picked them up in August, but that was indeed the first time I'd worn them out!

JonSmythe

Reaction score
Here are two shots of my Momo 0201's that have gotten a decent amount of wear/washes

Last edited:

Boyd

Reaction score
How much is the 0701 going to shrink in the waist? BOW says one inch, BIG says a little more. I trust BOW very much, I just want to be sure.

JonSmythe

Reaction score
Depends on your build. I think if you have an athletic build they fit just right in the thighs (I am not talking about people who have huge quads from squatting), whereas if you are a skinnier build they might be a little baggy and the 0701 would be a nicer fit - or maybe size down one in the 0201 if you don't want the tight fit near the ankles.

I think the waist is the one measurement that will actually stretch back out pretty easily, so that's the last measurement I'd worry about (as long as you can fit in the unsanforized waist size).

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ v vv vvv
Tho I mentioned, 201 has more legroom [compared to 701] the cut is still on the slim side ... also, to reiterate, "Vintage" label denim has residual shrinkage, once you start washing__ so, denim will shrink further @waist__ I'd trust BiG's advise on that ;)

^
205?? Or 201 !?
201 vs 705:
• Both have about same taper from knee to hem
• 201 cut is roomier @thighs
• 201 has a bit longer rise than 705.

IMO if u have thigh issues, 201 might be the cut for u.

How much is the 0701 going to shrink in the waist? BOW says one inch, BIG says a little more. I trust BOW very much, I just want to be sure. 

NIce color, is the 0201 very roomy in the tights? it looks that way by looking at the specs

JonSmythe

Reaction score
^ v vv vvv
Tho I mentioned, 201 has more legroom [compared to 701] the cut is still on the slim side ... also, to reiterate, "Vintage" label denim has residual shrinkage, once you start washing__ so, denim will shrink further @waist__ I'd trust BiG's advise on that
wink.gif
My size 32, 0201's measure 33 inches in the waist according to BiG's measuring system after at least five washes. The waist tightens up to a really perfect fit then stretches out a bit after coming out of the wash and air drying. BiG says they'd shrink to ~31.75, which is probably what they come out to after a wash. However, like I said, I wouldn't worry too much about the waist as long as you don't have to squeeze into the raw waist size.

Boyd

Reaction score
What about 0701?I am skynny, I think I am going for this model, are they going to strecth back in the waist to prewash specs? I guess BOW specs are correct. I had the grand indigo model, wich is the same cut with a different sanforized fabric, I was good with size 32.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pablobob