• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am not at all trying to challenge you on this point as I (and others I am sure) have also had this thought, but I would like to ask you: What specifically about them makes you uneasy? It seems that the leather sources are quite good. Some issues have been reported on soles, but those are fairly easily replaced. While it is not something you want to happen on shoes, it would not decrease their longevity. Thoughts?

quality control seems really inconsistent, lots of sole separation issues, etc. leather also seems to be very stiff when new.

I plan to order a few LMs, but i really think the quality of these shoes is not quite up to par.

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is killing me. Ordered shell PTBs end of July, was told 30 days to ship. Followed up after 30, Sandro said they had delays in receiving shells and needed two more weeks. Followed up Mondaylast week; Sandro said they'd finish and ship them out "early next week." Still no shipping notice or status update. I understand production delays and I don't hold it against them, I'm just getting antsy!

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
quality control seems really inconsistent, lots of sole separation issues, etc. leather also seems to be very stiff when new.
I plan to order a few LMs, but i really think the quality of these shoes is not quite up to par.

compare to other shoes within its price range, its on par with above par constructions.

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is killing me. Ordered shell PTBs end of July, was told 30 days to ship. Followed up after 30, Sandro said they had delays in receiving shells and needed two more weeks. Followed up Mondaylast week; Sandro said they'd finish and ship them out "early next week." Still no shipping notice or status update. I understand production delays and I don't hold it against them, I'm just getting antsy!

You should try experiencing waiting for order MTO G&G.

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
and what makes you say that?
that they are handwelted? thats it

That is a very unique construction feature within its peers at the same price range.

I have not yet been impressed by any shoes under $450 BNIB range, but then I only have experience with AE, CH, C&J Benchgrade.

Now if we rewind to pre-lehman, than C&J handgrade at $400ish is hard to beat.

The Upright Man

Reaction score

I've got shipping confirmation. Estimated date of delivery: October 10:th. Let the countdown begin.
*Update*
Got pictures of the finished shoes from Pepe.

Very nice. Are these in the dark brown shell?

Pastor

Reaction score

How did you get them in blue? I don't see them in that color anywhere on the site.

And what is this about people paying $150 in just fees?

This was a stock model over the summer. I emailed and they sent them out. No fees here.

kev777

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oct 5, 2012 12:30 PM At destination sort facility STANSTED GB Oct 5, 2012 5:00 AM Departed FedEx location PARIS FR
Oct 5, 2012 1:06 AM Departed FedEx location PARIS FR
Oct 4, 2012 1:05 AM Arrived at FedEx location PARIS FR
Oct 3, 2012 11:22 PM In transit MADRID ES
Oct 3, 2012 9:30 PM Left FedEx origin facility MADRID ES
Oct 3, 2012 11:58 AM In transit MADRID ES
Oct 3, 2012 11:58 AM At local FedEx facility PARIS FR
Oct 3, 2012 11:18 AM Picked up MADRID ES Package received after FedEx cutoff
Oct 2, 2012 8:38 AMShipment information sent to FedEx

This is killing me, the soles will be worn out all that travelling !!!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads