• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For the most part the pants fit large in the waist, I don't necessarily think you need to size down on everything (I go TTS) but you often can get away with going down a size, unless it's the suit pants or a slimmer leg.

So I'm still looking at the white denim, everywhere makes it look too white though, and I want more of an ecru, but the product shots at Just One Eye make it look like a really nice cream/off-white so now I'm debating them again (coincidentally the just one eye pair are also on FarFetch and appear more optic white there as well, even though it's supposedly the exact same pair from the same retailer).
Have any of you LA people stopped by JOE and seen these in person?

I'm also looking for a size 52 in the navy collarless shirt from this season. I ordered one with after the first price drop on TheCorner but there was some mix up and they sent a random sweatshirt instead, by the time I returned it the 52 was gone from everywhere. If anybody has one they don't really want anymore, or if you've seen a 52 at a retailer please let me know. This one:

LefftofCentre

Reaction score
@OccultaVexillum I've got the white denim and it's a chalk/ off white colour. I looked up ecru and I wouldn't say it looks like that.

A few places sell those white denim pants and I think at ssense at 65% off is the cheapest I could find it

https://www.ssense.com/en-us/men/product/lemaire/off-white-straight-leg-jeans/1388923

I also love that from experience all the white garments I've got from Lemaire have never been pure/ optic white and lean towards chalk/ off white/ creamy white.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks man, are they cropped or just a shortish inseam?

I just got the green rib knit sweater off Barneys. It's insane that it retailed at $805 considering the yak ones are about $500. It is really thick and substantial cotton though, same cut as the yak blend sweaters I have except the sleeves are really long. Colour is really nice, closer to the olives than the verdigris from this season.

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How is the fit @OccultaVexillum ? I usually size up to XL for knits because I like them roomier, but if it's already decently loose-fitting maybe I can get by with a large.

Last edited:

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's pretty true to size, maybe a little bit on looser side. It's the arms that are huge. I'm 6'2" with long arms and the sleeves extend about 4-5" past my fingertips. I'll try and get a fit pic later.

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. We're the same height so that's helpful to know. Will give it a try.

conceptionist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just received the one pleats and I am a bit conflicted about the fit.

Size 48 and it feels a bit big everywhere. My stats are 32" waist at the navel where I can wear some high rise pants, and 34" at the hips where I generally wear jeans and so on.
The waist is too big if I wear them high. Cinched with a belt the fabric folds in a not-so-pretty way. If I wear them on the hips where the pants naturally fall the crotch is quite low.

The pants have some "slack" in the top block, from the waist to the crotch area and then a full free drape through the leg. Is this how Lemaire's non-slim pants are supposed to fit? With slack I mean that there's room all around the thigh, for example fabric from both legs make contact below the crotch. The waist and upper does not hug the body and feel tailored like some high waist wide fit pants do.

They sorta fit like this, but with a too big waist and a half break.

I think I could fit into a size 46 if I wear them high on the waist, but that feels weird as I generally take a size 50 in designers like Our Legacy, Dries and Ann D.

I know that the sizing of his pants have been discussed before, but I am wondering if you had similar experiences? Did you do anything about it?

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah the cotton ones always start out stiff for me and take a few washes to loosen up and hang better, until then they kind of bunch up like they have too much starch for lack of a better word. The wool ones are always better but I prefer wool over anything else for pants so I might be bias.
I've never taken in the waists, but I don't own copious amounts of his pants. I have 1 pair of elasticated (chambray from last summer), 2 pairs of suit pants (1 wool from this season and another wool tweed from about 5 seasons ago), and a pair of one pleats in wool from last fall.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I personally wear these on my hips and enjoy the slightly lower crotch.

I concur with OccultaVexillum that the cotton is very crisp and stiff, especially for how thin it is, and falls differently after they have been broken in. I also found the pleats fall out (except for up by the waist band) after wearing them a bit which make the pants feel more casual. The wool versions fall and drape well from the get go in my experience.

I've never tried the cotton/ linen versions unfortunately.

conceptionist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The drape on these is quite good right out of the box, which I guess is due to the linen.
The pleats do not bother me at all. In fact, I would prefer them to always have a sharp crease down the whole leg.
I'm sure the wool version is very nice but that's not what I need at the moment. Looking to pick up another pair of pants from him later on which would likely be in wool.

Anyway, will sleep on them for a bit. Perhaps I'm just not used to relaxed fit. Most of my other pants also have a stronger taper.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sure the linen blend material is really nice. I guess you would have iron or sew the pleats in to make them more permeant if desired.

The resent versions of this pant have a wider hem, but they used to have a stronger taper. My cotton pair certainly has a narrower hem.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The current season elasticated pants seem like they have a narrower hem based off fit models. But I haven't tried any from this season.

The draped cardigan is unisex, right? I can't find many around on mens sites but there's plenty on women's sections. So if I can find and XL on a women's store it should fit?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics