1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

LEMAIRE

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Naka, Jan 29, 2015.

1. winston86dit

winston86dit Well-Known Member

@hayaoyamaneko It's definitely warm enough. It's not lined or anything but the wool is substantial and it's a good weight. It would be perfect with a longsleeve or sweater underneath.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  2. msg

msg Well-Known Member

Debating the elasticized wool pants. I'm a 31 waist usually a 48 or 46, depending on the brand/style, e.g., 4 in Schneider. I'm a 48 in other regular waist Lemaire trouser. But because these are both elasticized and pleated wondering if I'd be a 46 or 48. I'm 6', 170lbs.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
  3. winston86dit

winston86dit Well-Known Member

If you're talking about the new season, I would get a 48.

4. leeba

leeba Well-Known Member

can anyone recommend a vest/gilet that goes with lemaire stuff? lightly padded, cool utility pockets are a bonus, collarless. it's been hard to find something that's practical (i.e. is somewhat warm) + looks cool

i was thinking about the geller strap vest from this season but it's just...ok. the weight/layerability is about right. i like the shape, and the strap. the enclosure system is a little disappointing in person though, and i don't really like the detailing (zipper pulls, etc). geller isn't really me so makes sense - doesn't fit how i like to style lemaire stuff, so still looking for options

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  5. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Well-Known Member

Wait for next season?

[​IMG]

I'm pretty sure that's a vest worn over the blouson and not a field jacket. Either way it's awesome. Maybe not "padded" though.

6. Mojo1990

Mojo1990 Well-Known Member

I would suggest you try this :

http://re-porter.ca/clothing/padded-wool-vest/

Length seems ideal, and it's Yohji

7. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

^I don't think that's a vest. It's part of the parka

8. Mojo1990

Mojo1990 Well-Known Member

Nah, only a vest :) He is wearing a separate black long sleeve Tee underneath

9. OccultaVexillum

I think he's talking about the picture I posted, because after looking at it on a full screen I think he's right. The sleeves are the same colour as the chest. So basically if it is a field jacket I REALLY want it.

1 person likes this.
  10. gettoasty

They had that same jacket 2-3 seasons ago. I have the black, it's awesome when I wear it with all the pocket details.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. OccultaVexillum

Yeah I remember that, it sat on The Corner for a while in a few sizes but iirc it was only available in black or navy.

12. Benjaminba

Benjaminba Well-Known Member

There's a private sale at lemaire.fr until the 7th, 40% off everything with code fallwinter2016.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  13. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Well-Known Member

x post from RP, i got the yak wool overshirt, sized down one which i think was the right decision. feels really soft and cozy. any thoughts on fit?
    should i shorten the sleeves?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  14. OccultaVexillum

Fit looks good. I don't think the sleeves look bad as is but yeah you could definitely shorten it. Is it lined at all?

Surprising you could size down with all the recent talk of things running slim this season. I tried the v-neck button ups recently and the 52's were too small, the Shetland sweater I got is also super fitted. I kept it but if there was a 54 I would've returned it for that.

Does anybody know who made the boots this season? I know the mic toes were paraboot, were all the other shoes made in house? I'm just wondering because the boots look a lot like these Scarosso without the cap toe.

http://www.scarosso.com/en/walking-...TBROPOLI.html?cgid=unisex_walking_out#start=6

15. Fuuma

Fuuma Well-Known Member

@robinsongreen68 how tall are you, friend is looking for something like this, I'd say he's 186-188cm.

16. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Well-Known Member

17. Octopus72

Octopus72 Well-Known Member

You guys need to watch the runway show video that's already showing on lemaire.com... it's definitely a vest styled over a jacket and a theme throughout the show as it's done reapeatedly with jackets and light trenches

18. gettoasty

Yes I recall from my pre-order email with Suspension Point, this was how Joseph described it:

Will need to be on the look out for it come SS17.

19. OccultaVexillum

Dope. That sounds awesome. So much so that I just ordered this seasons removable hooded parka in black...

20. leeba

leeba Well-Known Member

was looking at that yak shirt jacket, shoulder detailing on back is nice. how is the weight/thickness? also the gabardine version of this was cool too but i couldnt find it anywhere but lemaire's website - sold out pretty quickly