• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew Fall/Winter 2010 Discussion

chenzhongbi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Meis
True. Regular uniqlo seems to be relatively narrow too.

Unfortunately I live in Chicago, not NYC.....

(seriously Uniqlo, build a store in Chicago / start doing online orders in the USA already)

+1

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bluemagic
http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2010/11/...yout-firms/?hp

Sell outs.
laugh.gif

KobeWoods

Reaction score
Just got my shipping confirmation on my Quoddy's. So Im pretty sure if you bought Aldens with the 25% off you'll get a confirmation soon

cincinnatus2

Reaction score
I happened to be on Jcrew last night after 1:00 AM because i was about to pull the trigger on some Red Wing Beckman boots. I saw the coupon, gave it a try and it worked! I just checked and I got a shipping confirmation and tracking #!

I kinda wish i purchased some alden longwings now...I would have gotten the shell cap toe alden boots but they don't have them in size 8.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
you guys aren't getting free shipping on top of the 25% are you?

If you go in-store and order it off the nuclear phone can you combine the 25% with the free shipping they normally give you?

madmadigan

Reaction score
Yeah I noticed last night too that 25% discount was up on the site, and it said no third party etc. But I searched and all the typical 3rd party stuff was still up, which is weird because everytime I've seen them do a % of everything sale, all the good stuff/3rd party stuff gets yanked during the sale. I figured maybe they finally figured out a way to leave the 3rd party stuff up and just not have the sale apply to it.....

But looking again tonight, all the stuffs gone.... warehouse/alden/redwing etc....

Looks like those who bought when the stuff was up got lucky, and were able to purchase before J Crew yanked it all. I just assumed the discount wouldn't apply if I added redwing/alden etc to my cart, so I didn't even try, but looks like it worked! Congrats to whoever lucked out!

As a side note, there are a few random 3rd party things still up, so I bet if one were to add them to the cart they would be discounted at checkout, such as the Levi's Trucker Jacket, Mister Freedom/Saint James Shirt and a few other things, just have to search and see what comes up, just an fyi.

madmadigan

Reaction score
Not sure what to make of the PE buyout...... Looks like the shares closed at $37.65 and are up to $38.00 in the afterhours.... from what I read the buyout will be for $43.50 a share..... I'm sure by the open tomorrow the shares will be trading at or above $43.50, but if you happened to buy yesterday at $37 and change, it's looking like you are going to have a nice gain come morning.

rdev

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mike868y
merino or lambswool cardigan?

I've been happy with my merino sweaters. They're not scratchy at all (unlike the lambswool ones which are a little scratchy), and haven't pilled in the few years I've worn them. I'd go with the merino ones, unless the color you want is only in lambswool.

Stewbone

Reaction score
Originally Posted by madmadigan
Not sure what to make of the PE buyout...... Looks like the shares closed at $37.65 and are up to $38.00 in the afterhours.... from what I read the buyout will be for $43.50 a share..... I'm sure by the open tomorrow the shares will be trading at or above $43.50, but if you happened to buy yesterday at $37 and change, it's looking like you are going to have a nice gain come morning.

Went ahead and sold my shares today. Came out 35% ahead (bought at 32), looks like I may do some more shopping haha...

lachyzee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads