• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indochino suits?

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hear you, and those pics are spot on. Yesterday, I watched that movie for the first time. Still, judging from op's pics, those shoulders look too small.

I don't disagree with the shoulders comment. I originally gave them my shoulder width dimensions, and they cut it down by an entire inch. For my remake I added the inch back on but I think the remake was still not really changed, or at least not the full inch . . . and at this point it still seems to need more, but I'm beyond the re-remake window (if there even was one in the first place, I was under the impression you only got one remake).

nc2cali

Reaction score
I think you should seriously reconsider the fit throughout the body. I'm not knowledgeable enough to tell you exactly what is wrong. I can say, this is not right. You have divots all over the front. Your shoulders look pinched compared to the waist. The lapels bow outward like the jacket is too small in the chest. The lapels do not roll properly. The back is an abomination. The sleeves do not hang properly. The shoulders look like hell. The shoulders look roped which I do not like at all. Perhaps you do. You should seek a cut with a softer shoulder. The jacket needs major surgery to clean it up.
I would jump onto the tailors thread and get their opinion. I honestly don't know whether any of these comments are correctable. Personally, I would send it back and explain the issues. Something went wrong. Perhaps the measurements you gave them were faulty.

Pics you responded to are from 2 different people wearing 2 different suits.

Chase H

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Indochino is where fabrics go to die.
What purpose did that serve? I get that you don't like Indochino, but there are many people who, with a little bit of work, are getting suits that look very good at a very reasonable price. And I'll tell you something else. As technology improves, suiting providers like Indochino will only get better. In fact, I think it's likely that they will eventually become nearly indistinguishable from high-end bespoke offerings.

LorenzL

Reaction score
I ordered the midnight blue tux from Indochino a while ago and have to say they are steadily improving in my opinion.

Chris D

Reaction score
Ive just received my last of the second order from IC, 6 items in total, and not one of them are according to my measurements, the suit looks like im a floor manager at McDonalds in early 90's
NOTHING looks custom made, in fact, i would get ALLOT more fitted suit if i just walked over to the local H&M store, and im not kidding, worst waste of money ever!
Not to mention the worthless customer service with the "pretending to be polite" atitude.
I will definetelly send Esquire, GQ, The Guardian a mail and ask if they really can backup their reviews about this company, I feel screwed!

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So Reda fabrics are crap? ;)

They're not good. Never said anything about good fabrics, but I did mention how they go to Indochino to die. Most of these fits are absolutely horrendous. If you don't have an odd body shape, a lot of you would've fared better buying off the rack. Your black tie ensemble isn't admirable either. Ticket pocket? Two buttons? What's going on with the lapel facing? What's going on with the sleeve? It looks like something straight out of Zara.

VinnyMac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're not good. Never said anything about good fabrics, but I did mention how they go to Indochino to die. Most of these fits are absolutely horrendous. If you don't have an odd body shape, a lot of you would've fared better buying off the rack. Your black tie ensemble isn't admirable either. Ticket pocket? Two buttons? What's going on with the lapel facing? What's going on with the sleeve? It looks like something straight out of Zara.

You're a cold man, but you bring the lawlz.

nc2cali

Reaction score
Ive just received my last of the second order from IC, 6 items in total, and not one of them are according to my measurements, the suit looks like im a floor manager at McDonalds in early 90's
NOTHING looks custom made, in fact, i would get ALLOT more fitted suit if i just walked over to the local H&M store, and im not kidding, worst waste of money ever!
Not to mention the worthless customer service with the "pretending to be polite" atitude.
I will definetelly send Esquire, GQ, The Guardian a mail and ask if they really can backup their reviews about this company, I feel screwed!

You win some, you lose some. Indochino obviously isn't for everyone. It isn't really a waste of money if you can get a refund. You shouldn't feel screwed...if Indochino worked for you as it has for others you would be happy. You paid return shipping to try out the company and can get a full refund on your items. This thread has almost 200 pages, and all of it isn't bad. Usually people order from Indochino because they have unique builds that a off the rack suit doesn't support. If you can goto H&M and fit a suit, then that is something you definitely should do instead. I would if I could that.

No need to send messages to those companies...your true reviews are in these 200 pages.

jhende7

Reaction score
No idea why I did both buttons up. Took these late last night right out of the box and I was obviously a little muddled. First attempt after long time consideration. A few things I need to adjust, but overall for the price, it's pretty unbeatable.
suit.jpg

jd13jd13

Reaction score
I was just wondering, as I'm waiting for a remake, what does IC usually tell you to do with the old suit? Donate it to a local charity?

nc2cali

Reaction score
I was just wondering, as I'm waiting for a remake, what does IC usually tell you to do with the old suit? Donate it to a local charity?

Keep the suit until you receive the new one. Then you have to pay return shipping to send it back to them. Send it in the smallest box possible.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics