• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indochino suits?

Darknessxk

Reaction score
Hey guys, so this is my first post here but hoped someone could help since lots of people have returned items back to Indochino. I ended up having to get my suit jacket remade and got my updated one sent. Everything seems to fit well now and I'm planning on sending the original back. The problem I'm running into is the confusing FedEx customs form... They are asking for a phone number which I haven't been able to find on Indochino's website. What have you guys been doing for returns? Also, what have you been putting as the value for the item? I'm thinking to put something small as to not get taxed and have to pay a bunch of fees.

nc2cali

Reaction score
What do you think of the navy? When I saw the navy in person, I thought it was way too close to black and ended up getting the blue sharkskin instead. What do you think?

Side - My latest blue sharkskin remake posted here...any thoughts are appreciated: http://www.styleforum.net/t/265924/...-and-alteration-suggestions/2235#post_5945968

Yes, the Navy was on the darker side but was what I expected. I do like the sharkskin and was thinking of getting it for a later purchase if my Indochino experience worked out. However, I'm not sure if it's the lighting in your pictures but the color looks more of a dark grey/charcoal.

Anyways, as far as your suit goes...the button stance on your jacket looks rather high that it makes it appear like the lapels are non existent. And it definitely doesn't help that one of the lapels is screwed up too. I agree with you that the chest is tight and that would definitely call for a remake.

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hopefully someone can answer this question about altering pants here. These pants have a lot of excess fabric around my front crotchal area. I really like the jacket, so I'm thinking of having the pants altered. How much would it be for someone to correct this? And, can it be done? I'm thinking all that needs to be done would be to take in the stiching from the center seam on the back(?)

charliebrown2

Reaction score
Yes, the Navy was on the darker side but was what I expected. I do like the sharkskin and was thinking of getting it for a later purchase if my Indochino experience worked out. However, I'm not sure if it's the lighting in your pictures but the color looks more of a dark grey/charcoal.

Anyways, as far as your suit goes...the button stance on your jacket looks rather high that it makes it appear like the lapels are non existent. And it definitely doesn't help that one of the lapels is screwed up too. I agree with you that the chest is tight and that would definitely call for a remake.

Yea, it's bad lighting in my pics. The blue sharkskin you see on their site is a pretty good picture of the actual color.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when I look through the pictures posted in this IC thread, high button stance appear to be a common issue. Maybe I'm biased when looking at my own pictures...I do agree it's high, but is it glaringly more high than other jackets posted here? It looks rather high on everybody's to me.

I've asked IC about this and their comment was that the button stance height can only go so low dependent on the width of the lapel. The lapels I have are 2.5" at its widest and IC said they actually can't go any wider. They've confirmed my request of lower button stance on my remakes and said its as low as they can go without compromising the overall construction of the suit (even though it's still relatively high to the naked eye). So it almost seems I'm stuck with that rather high position. How are you guys getting around this?

Pic for reference:

Last edited:

nc2cali

Reaction score
I've asked IC about this and their comment was that the button stance height can only go so low dependent on the width of the lapel. The lapels I have are 2.5" at its widest and IC said they actually can't go any wider. They've confirmed my request of lower button stance on my remakes and said its as low as they can go without compromising the overall construction of the suit (even though it's still relatively high to the naked eye). So it almost seems I'm stuck with that rather high position. How are you guys getting around this?

I'm no expert and feel free to argue or critique what I'm saying (you or anyone else)...but I don't mean the lapels aren't wide enough I mean they don't look like they roll long enough compared to the length of your jacket. It seems the jacket is slightly longer than other Indochino suits I've seen and it makes the button stance look higher than normal. And I completely agree you can only go so low without throwing it off.

charliebrown2

Reaction score
I'm no expert and feel free to argue or critique what I'm saying (you or anyone else)...but I don't mean the lapels aren't wide enough I mean they don't look like they roll long enough compared to the length of your jacket. It seems the jacket is slightly longer than other Indochino suits I've seen and it makes the button stance look higher than normal. And I completely agree you can only go so low without throwing it off.

oooo relative to jacket length, I didn't think of that. Yea, my original jacket length came in pretty much in line with the standard IC suit you see around here. I had it lengthened on this remake to shy away from the "short jacket length fad". I think I added 1-1.5" this time around.

I just feel at a lost here. I'm already on my 3rd remake and the whole process has been long and annoying (both my and IC's fault). My only adjustments would be an increase to the chest and waist, but if I keep the length I feel the button stance, lapel roll, lapel width would all still be the same :/

BTW - i noticed you updated with pics. I'm obviously no expert either...but all i can say is sleeves too short and pants too long lol

Last edited:

nc2cali

Reaction score
oooo relative to jacket length, I didn't think of that. Yea, my original jacket length came in pretty much in line with the standard IC suit you see around here. I had it lengthened on this remake to shy away from the "short jacket length fad". I think I added 1-1.5" this time around.

I just feel at a lost here. I'm already on my 3rd remake and the whole process has been long and annoying (both my and IC's fault). My only adjustments would be an increase to the chest and waist, but if I keep the length I feel the button stance, lapel roll, lapel width would all still be the same :/

BTW - i noticed you updated with pics. I'm obviously no expert either...but all i can say is sleeves too short and pants too long lol

Honestly, I'm really in no position to give any good advice and I apologize if anything I've said has just confused or threw you off more. Anyways, I hope you figure out things and good luck in your remake if that's the route you take. Keep us posted.

As far as mine goes...the more I look at it the more unsure I am with it. I mean the obvious the sleeves are too short (and it doesn't help my shirt sleeves are slightly long too). I'm just going to take it to a tailor in town and get some feedback from him.

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sorry if the pictures are terrible but any/all advice on adjustments would be greatly appreciated.  My main concern is the jacket as the pants I can easily eye myself, but I'm not so sure with the jacket.  Thanks in advance!

Yes, overall and sleeve length needs to be longer. The sleeves might be passable by a tailor but obviously the rest of the jacket can't. The body looks pretty good. The shoulders look to be a hair wide as evidenced by the divot. Pretty good, but you'll need to send back IF you want it longer.

Hopefully someone can answer this question about altering pants here.  These pants have a lot of excess fabric around my front crotchal area. I really like the jacket, so I'm thinking of having the pants altered.  How much would it be for someone to correct this? And, can it be done? I'm thinking all that needs to be done would be to take in the stiching from the center seam on the back(?)

Probably $20-30 to alter. Post this in the tailor feedback thread to find out what can and cannot be changed.

nc2cali

Reaction score
[/SPOILER]
Yes, overall and sleeve length needs to be longer. The sleeves might be passable by a tailor but obviously the rest of the jacket can't. The body looks pretty good. The shoulders look to be a hair wide as evidenced by the divot. Pretty good, but you'll need to send back IF you want it longer.
Thanks for the feedback! When I add to the length of the jacket, I think I'm going to request to lower the button stance by 1-1.5" as well. Cheers!

VinnyMac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback! When I add to the length of the jacket, I think I'm going to request to lower the button stance by 1-1.5" as well. Cheers!
Unfortunately, they won't take requests for adjusting the button stance or armholes by a specific number of inches. You just have to ask for a lower stance and hope for the best.

charliebrown2

Reaction score
Unfortunately, they won't take requests for adjusting the button stance or armholes by a specific number of inches. You just have to ask for a lower stance and hope for the best.

yup. They will only note your request of wanting "lower button stance", but they leave it up to their own judgement.

jhende7

Reaction score
Is a pity that Indochino is obsessed with the skinny/narrow silhouette.
It would be interesting see a new Indochino collection more classic in fit and shape,with traditional size lapels,full cut trousers with pleats and right rise and lenght.

Please no. It's hard enough to get a PROPER fitting suit for a good price nowadays even with Indochino in the game. If Indochino were to go the way of the "classic fit" (i.e your suit looks like your wearing baggy pajamas) I will lose hope in suitmanity.

Seriously, considering this is one of the leading style sites for men, a large amount of posters favor the sloppy, baggy atrocious look of a "classic" fitting suit. Classic is just another way to describe the lazy, unfitted, off-the rack, pieces of garbage that people paraded around in in the 80s, 90s, and early 2000s.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Please no. It's hard enough to get a PROPER fitting suit for a good price nowadays even with Indochino in the game. If Indochino were to go the way of the "classic fit" (i.e your suit looks like your wearing baggy pajamas) I will lose hope in suitmanity.

Seriously, considering this is one of the leading style sites for men, a large amount of posters favor the sloppy, baggy atrocious look of a "classic" fitting suit. Classic is just another way to describe the lazy, unfitted, off-the rack, pieces of garbage that people paraded around in in the 80s, 90s, and early 2000s.

I do wish, however, that they would give better option for lapels. The really skinny lapels they use are pretty anemic.

jhende7

Reaction score
I do wish, however, that they would give better option for lapels. The really skinny lapels they use are pretty anemic.

I don't find the lapels to be that bad. In particular the normal notch is right where I like it. The slim notch is very skinny however, and it certainly wouldn't hurt to have a third "wide" notch lapel for those who favour that look. All minor cosmetic customizations that don't impede the professionalism and visual appeal of the suit, but are simply preference. Totally different then baggy suit pants and a jacket that wears you!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrandonEM