• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I've crashed on sidewalks as well. Glad it wasn't worse!

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
6.5 trail miles with some tempo/speed work. My fastest mile was 7:04 (4.0-5.0)! I don't think I've run a mile that fast other than on a track since high school!

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Day 12 of the December run streak and another 5.1 miles done. I'm already up to nearly 65 miles for the month and not even at the half way point. I've got tomorrow off of work and am headed up to a large park north of me with some good trails to get in at least 10 miles and then Saturday morning I have a 10k Jingle Bell Run through my neighborhood.

Last edited:

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Day 12 of the December run streak and another 5.1 miles done. I'm already up to nearly 65 miles for the month and not even at the half way point. I've got tomorrow off of work and am headed up to a large park north of me with some good trails to get in at least 10 miles and then Saturday morning I have a 10k Jingle Bell Run through my neighborhood.

You are a "machine". This morning, miles north of you, the temperature was 4 degrees with a minus-something chill factor.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You are a "machine". This morning, miles north of you, the temperature was 4 degrees with a minus-something chill factor.

It was 7º here this morning but no windchill effect at all. It was surprisingly comfortable, especially compared to yesterday morning when it was 17º but felt like 7º with the wind. I'm looking forward to being able to run in the daylight tomorrow and with temps expected to be in the 20s.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It was 7º here this morning but no windchill effect at all. It was surprisingly comfortable, especially compared to yesterday morning when it was 17º but felt like 7º with the wind. I'm looking forward to being able to run in the daylight tomorrow and with temps expected to be in the 20s.

I'm running this afternoon which I hate. A morning person am I. On Monday, I tried to run in Chicago where the windchill was -7. The winds from the lake and the tall buildings added to the challenge with updrafts and downdrafts. I barely made 2 miles.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Daylight runs are reserved for weekends currently. Tonight I am looking to get in some miles in as it will be in the 20s.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You guys are shaming me. I haven't been able to muster the gumption to get out at 38º. I resolve to do better.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WHY did I wait until this afternoon to run? At least, this morning, the air was still. At 3 p.m., the temperature was15 degrees but the fierce, cutting wind made it feel -3. Somehow, I managed 3 miles. It was bitter.

wingin' it

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
4.8 miles today.

Got a short trail race on Saturday morning of 1 loop of the 3 loop 50K (10.4 miles). Winter storm warning for the area. Freezing rain followed by 3-6 inches of snow by Saturday morning. Some wind, but in the woods should be blocked with temps in low 20's. Should be an absolute blast.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A nice 5 mile run during the predawn hours in a fresh falling snow. Temperature, a balmy 22 degrees. After yesterday, it feels as if I live in the banana belt!

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
10 Miles this morning at a park about 25 miles north of my house. It was absolutely deserted and absolutely gorgeous. I'm going to have to make it back out there a few times this winter. It was my slowest pace in a long time but there are some awful hills.

Tomorrow morning I have a 10k run I am participating in. We are supposed to have a fresh 3" of snow on the ground and it should still be coming down at start time. This could be pretty fun! :slayer:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks nice!

I just finished 18 miles of mostly road (~6 miles on trails). It was a gorgeous day here in NorCal; temperatures topped out at 58 or so.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5 miles on about a 1" fresh snowfall. Mid run, the flurries turned into a blizzard. Visibility was nil. "Two steps forward; one step back."

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads