• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

blahspam

Reaction score
Still recovering from the flu and thought I'd get a slow run in to help clear out the sinuses. Ended up doing a bit over 7 miles. Pretty stoked.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still running(/walking), SB...

86zy4Hx.jpg

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
25 miles for today, and 43 in just over 25 hours. It's gorgeous out here! I took in 1500 calories of homemade goop during my time out there!

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Finally got back out for an easy run. Four miles in, my inner thigh started squawking. Got a bit more than a mile afterward before deciding to jump on BART to get back home. Hurts like hell. :fu:

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We had about 4" of fresh snow for this morning's 10k and it was still coming down hard during the entire run. Blindingly hard in some spots. The route was all through residential streets and of course hadn't been salted or plowed and was an absolute mess. Temps in the low teens with a stiff wind were definitely not helping things. I still managed to finish under a 9:00 pace though so I was happy with that. It was one of the more fun runs I've done in a long time (right up there with a Jingle Bell Run the morning after an ice storm the same time of year in 2005).

After that I spent the day pulling my 3-year-old daughter around in a sled at my parents farm. If I ran for weight loss and kept track of these types of things, I'd probably have easily burned a few thousand calories today.

wingin' it

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
10.4 miles yesterday for the Winter chili trail run. Didn't get the snow expected. Was cold enough to freeze the trail and mud, so good conditions. Race was capped at 150 people. Had a great race. PR'd by quite a few minutes, took 9th overall, 1st place in AG, and 1st in 40+ Masters. Great day on the trails.

Good job Fueco on the back to back runs. January is right around the corner...

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
There's some good running being done here, gentlemen! Carry on.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got out for 13.5 miles total this weekend. Putting the house on the market so had to get it in order. Life was more important than miles this weekend.

wingin' it

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FYI, Running warehouse has the Sugoi 180 jacket in medium for $90, normally $150. A light winter (10 - 30 degree) running jacket that is wind resistant. Great piece of equipment.
For reference, I wear a medium at 6", 157 lbs, size 40 jacket.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2 miserable miles yesterday. After the first mile my knee started to hurt so I had to turn around and walk/jog home. I'll try and stay off it for a bit and see if it feels better in a few weeks. Not good news considering I have another half marathon the first weekend in February.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have noticed my knee hurts a little until I warm up. The cold weather has been making my body react differently.

wingin' it

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
8 miles today. Hill repeats. Signed up for a 50K that takes place in Feb. I really phk'ed that one up last year and it tore me up. Will be a different story this time.

Almost 50 degrees here all week until Friday/Sat when it gets cold again. Waahoo, short and t-shirt today on the run.

wingin' it

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

2 miserable miles yesterday. After the first mile my knee started to hurt so I had to turn around and walk/jog home. I'll try and stay off it for a bit and see if it feels better in a few weeks. Not good news considering I have another half marathon the first weekend in February.

Good luck healing up BG. Is this something you have always had or just started coming on with training for longer races? Do you know what caused the pain?

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I noticed some knee pain about a year ago, but I just rested and it went away. I took about two weeks off after my half marathon in October, and when I started running again a month or so ago, I noticed some very slight pain. It didn't really hurt at all or stop me from running, but I did notice something. Then yesterday all of a sudden it really hurt a lot, to the point where I couldn't even run. It wasn't a sharp pain in any specific area, but a dull throbbing pain throughout my whole knee. I did a walk/jog to get back home, but even trying to jog it was really painful. Not sure what caused it to come back, the weather is still nice here and I haven't even been running that much or long distances either, maybe 2-3x a week and not more than 5 miles on any of my runs recently. I'll just have to try and rest it for now and see if it starts feeling better.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads