• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I need to start doing pull-ups. The last time I tried, it was embarrassing.

I'll wager that my pull-up attempts are more embarrassing than yours!
I'm a TRX and kettlbebell guy.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
7 miles this evening on my favorite trails...

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This morning, a nice 6 mile run that took me past Michigan Stadium where I will be in a few hours when Michigan plays Nebraska. A must-win game for Michigan after last week's epic failure.

Also, I ran by the "cube" and gave it a twirl for good luck. (Not my picture, but it did look like this.)

Last edited:

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is this cube? Never heard of it.

Got in 7.25 miles on the trails today. Felt really good and knocked off a couple of minutes on my PR. Since the distance is a 2.5 mile path and a 4.5 mile path plus to/from my car, there are different directions you can take. Today's counter clockwise/counter clockwise pattern seems to be very runnable the whole time so it my be my new favorite direction the run this trail. The other option is steeper climbs with gradual decent but is slower.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What is this cube?  Never heard of it.

Got in 7.25 miles on the trails today.  Felt really good and knocked off a couple of minutes on my PR.  Since the distance is a 2.5 mile path and a 4.5 mile path plus to/from my car, there are different directions you can take.  Today's counter clockwise/counter clockwise pattern seems to be very runnable the whole time so it my be my new favorite direction the run this trail.  The other option is steeper climbs with gradual decent but is slower.

The cube is on the plaza in front of the University of Michigan Administration Building. It was placed there circa 1971. It spins.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My first 5k!

(Still in the sloooow walking/running build-up stage):

qpfB3Tf.jpg

Onetwobit

Reaction score
Congrats NOBD. I'm still working my way up to 5k.

Ran 1.5 miles every morning since my last update. Running 2 miles today.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Congrats NOBD. I'm still working my way up to 5k.

Ran 1.5 miles every morning since my last update. Running 2 miles today.

Well, so am I. : ) My schedule now is 3' - 4' - 4' - 3' - 3' of running, with walking minutes in between. Haven't ran a km in one go yet... I did get a new 1 km record (including two minutes of walking):

t22Fi7C.jpg

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the first 5k!

I did a tough 12 mile trail run yesterday and almost knocked myself out by tripping on a root going downhill. Fortunately I caught myself!

I also got two pairs of Hokas in the mail. I get to try the first pair today!

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ran 6.7km this morning.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the PR's everyone.

Fueco - Keep us updated on the Hoka's. I have not seen them in person but it seems they are the shoe to get these days. The company that makes them, Deckers, had a great quarter.

As for me I took Friday off to rest legs. Saturday was a 9am CrossFit class which was pretty mild followed by a 7.25 mile trail run around noon. It felt great and I could have continued but was out of water. Today I ran 15.3 miles on a trail run and I need to download the run from my garmin to see elevation change. I am going to guess around 4000' of total change making in 2000' incline/decline. It took ~2:30 total. The second lap felt completely different from the first lap as the sun was at a different angle making the shadows longer. I surprised myself with an average under 10min/mile which is usually my goal on the trail. Was running out of energy towards the end as well as fluids so I need to get a bigger hand held as well as some sort of calories for the run.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ran six miles in the more used pair of Hokas. I need a bit more breaking in, but they felt good!

wingin' it

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
3.5 miles on Friday and about 5 miles today w/ warm-up / race / cool down. Took about 11 days off after training and race season was over to let body recover. Wanted to run the Vet's Day trail run here today. Plan to take another 5 days completely off and then begin to get back into things starting next weekend.

Anyway, the Vets Day trail race here was 4.3 miles long. I finished 11th overall out of 139 w/ a time of 33:43 (7:44 pace). For the first time ever, I can say I won the Masters Category (40 and up). Feeling pretty good about the race and fitness level ending this year.

JBarwick: the double bottle holders are another option if the backpack isn't ideal for the 15 mile runs. One of the guys in our group swears by the Ultimate Direction Kotoa. Holds two bottles and a decent sized pak for gels, keys, etc. Pretty decent at $50.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
7.5 miles yesterday, 7.5 miles today. Switched up the routes for each one, and felt good along the way. Ate two large bags of grapes today, I think I was just thirsty

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads