• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3.1 sluggish miles on the gravel trails. I slipped on ice in the parking lot after skiing yesterday, so my right leg is a little gimpy today.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
20 miles. An actual ride on a bicycle outside

YVA7JLZTU6F3BVUSZBN7MFIXH4KIC4LOWGLESBFJARGOE26S5AWP6XOKW6ZUCGEXI5S56QU5UUVLQJLQCV7VR4MWJ3ZBE3ZM.png

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got a run in Saturday afternoon, a gym session yesterday, then a run in the afternoon. A ton of people out yesterday with the only arse being some guy on a road bike head down on the drops not paying attention.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2000 meters swimming at the Y. I must’ve hit my shoulder the other day too, as my right shoulder is feeling weird around the shoulder blade. Hopefully it clears up soon.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went to the gym after work and it was a different crowd that usual. Quite a bit younger and all sorts of exercises with questionable form.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It occurred to me that I’m a few days behind here.

Wednesday: 3.1 miles to pick up a prescription at the pharmacy.

Thursday: 50 minutes of kettlebell work.

Friday: 2200 meters swimming at the Y.

Saturday: skiing with my oldest son.

IMG_5408.jpeg

Today: 22.4 mile gravel ride. It’s nice to live less than 1/2 mile from great trails.

IMG_5419.jpeg

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Graveled this morning, and even set a PR down Old Springs Trail. Toward the end of the ride, the valve body on my front wheel fractured, deflating the tire as I descended Hawk Hill. As I was braking, the front end was darting from left to right. It's been so long since I had a flat, though, that I didn't immediately make the connection. I turned right toward the parking lot, and the front wheel completely washed out, depositing me on asphalt. Only real casualty was my shoe cover, but landing on my hands left me with what I believe is a strain which makes it kinda painful to grasp things.

29 miles

IMG_7562.jpeg

1710117205114.png

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Front flats suck. I’m glad you’re okay for the most part.

Last time I got a front front flat, I was going downhill at nearly 45 MPH during a race. Somehow, I managed to keep the bike upright.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Front flats suck. I’m glad you’re okay for the most part.

Last time I got a front front flat, I was going downhill at nearly 45 MPH during a race. Somehow, I managed to keep the bike upright.
Yeah, it could have been much worse. About 30s before that I was going about 30 mph next to a car.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OCR season has started, so last weekend I did an 11 mile Tough Mudder on Saturday, and because I'm an idiot, did it again on Sunday. Yesterday, I did a 14 mile Spartan Beast, and today I did a 7.6 mile Spartan Super and a 4 mile Spartan Sprint.

The race was about two and a half hours away and started at 8, so the f*ucking time change was extra painful this morning.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads