• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How are Cole Haan shoes?

tjcam

Reaction score
While I didn't buy any, I did check out the Cole Rood & Haan series recently. They appear to be better made and use better quality than the typical Cole Haan shoes. I wanted to see what their "archive" offerings were like and they're not bad. Of course they have a price to match the better quality.

Astronaut888

Reaction score
5456844529_d6efb0e4fb.jpg
1377882-p-2x by Shoun, on Flickr[/IMG] I don't hate these. cole haan "henry" boots 1377883-p-2x by Shoun, on Flickr

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well these are my Braganos and I can ensure you guys that they are exceptionally well made.

Compared to what?? :puzzled: What were you wearing before you got these?

Those don't look like something the real Josey wales would wear?

Last edited:

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Look like the soles are glued. Fail.

I've never been able to figure out how you can tell the difference between a glued shoe and a blake stitched shoe simply upon site.

Can you share some wisdom with us?

Last edited:

Apollotrader

Reaction score
It would be nice if the new owners of Cole Haan would bring back the quality at least to the level it was during the green label made in Italy days. Unfortunetly said owners seem to focus on discount brands.

J0sey Wales

Reaction score
I have prosthetic feet due to an explosion from a mine in Kuwait, sooo I wore my combat boots then? Now I love to out do my prosthetic feet with nice shoes such as Vintage Boots and Shoes. And don't get hung up on my User name there Mr.Monty. Josey Wales is a fictional character anyways!
1f615.png
And also what difference does it make if I was wearing boots issued by the Army or flip flops from a dollar store Monty? Bless your heart.

Last edited:

dapperdoctor

Reaction score
I rotate about 10 pairs of shoes, 2 of them being Cole Haan with the Nike Air soles. They have held up well so far (about 1 year) and seem very comfortable. They are disposable shoes basically, not something you would pay to have re-soled or anything. I actually like them a lot and people compliment them on a regular basis.

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with Cole Haan shoes at a discounted price. Some of them are even GY welted and some vintage ones are made by EG.

Had a pair for ~$60 brand new, wore it for 3 years until a hole in the sole with cork exposed, threw away. I guess I could've just glue something to the sole to give it another year or so. It's comfortable, shines up well.

Last edited:

jt10000

Reaction score
I rotate about 10 pairs of shoes, 2 of them being Cole Haan with the Nike Air soles. They have held up well so far (about 1 year) and seem very comfortable. They are disposable shoes basically, not something you would pay to have re-soled or anything. I actually like them a lot and people compliment them on a regular basis.

This.

I have one pair like that. Paid a little too much for them (just over $100) but I'd buy them again if I could get them cheaper. Not at full price.

10cents

Reaction score
I have their Air Morris Wingtip Oxford as my walking shoes. They are comfortable, really good shoes for the task.

Jkhan82

Reaction score
I have a pair of penny loafers I purchased on sale, so far their great. I would never pay for price for Cole Haan's.

cgrant9367

Reaction score
Agreed Nike nearly ruined the name of this brand. I am glad Nike is now out of the picture. What business pro wants air technology in his shoes...gonna play basketball on his lunch break?

Donald 1

Reaction score
For years I used to look up to Cole Haan shoes and was pleased at their lasting performance. Believe it or not I still have a pair of penny loafers that are 28 years old. However, In the early 2000 and recently the shoes are very poorly made. The soles are glued onto the upper part of the shoe. These do not last. I do not even wear the shoes that often. This even included ones that were leather soles. Also the leather started unraveling from the outside. Very strange. I feel like wearing these to a Cole Haan store to shoe their potential customers the poor quality of their shoes. Not only that their shoes are dangerous as a person could trip when the shoes front of the sole comes off. No one seems to control the quality of shoe manufacturing. One other note in the early years of purchasing Cole Haan they were made in Italy. Now they are made in Asia. It is sad that owners do not want to maintain or recreate the high quality that Cole Haan used to have. I no longer recommend Cole Haan to others.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads