• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hot Dogs

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I prefer a good european street brat with just a bun and mustard to anything else..

That said, chicago-style dogs are far superior to anything in the US

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
For anyone in/visiting Seattle, go to Schulzy's on the Ave (at like 38th or so) and eat their sausages or sausage burgers. One of my all time favorite restaurants. They used to make one called the Geneva Convention with a bratwurst patty (I don't miss the casing at all, personally), Swiss cheese, kraut, caramelized onions and spicy grainy mustard that was to die for. For some reason they took it off the menu but they still make it for me when I ask. They also have awesome fries (assuming you love salt), lemonade, and a very decent beer selection.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
For anyone in/visiting Seattle, go to Schulzy's on the Ave (at like 38th or so) and eat their sausages or sausage burgers. One of my all time favorite restaurants. They used to make one called the Geneva Convention with a bratwurst patty (I don't miss the casing at all, personally), Swiss cheese, kraut, caramelized onions and spicy grainy mustard that was to die for. For some reason they took it off the menu but they still make it for me when I ask. They also have awesome fries (assuming you love salt), lemonade, and a very decent beer selection.

I used to pass by it everyday, guess next time I'm around I'll give it a try.

Vito

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hellbound
This is another thing that I think Chicago does right. Vienna beef on a steamed poppy seed bun, dragged through the garden with tomato, chopped onion, Mustard, lime green relish, sport peppers, kosher dill, and celery salt. Yum!
Chicago_HotDog.jpg

Chicago dogs look very funky, but taste fuckin' delicious.

Yessirree, Chicago dogs!

BP348

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Maharlika
Living here in L.A., we have the mecca of Hot Dogs called "Pink's". When I get a craving, I go but turn around because it's not worth the hour long wait.

http://www.pinkshollywood.com/pgz/menu.htm

I was watching the Bobby Flay throwdown the other day and couldn't believe they picked this place. I asked a bunch of people and no one except one guy who'sd from LA had ever heard of Pinks.

I was pretty disapointed if they wanted to do a hotdog throwdown it should have been in Chicago.

I grew up in Chicago & nothing beats a Vienna beef dog but I don't like the relish.

The other top Chicago food? Italian Beef & Gyros

Do they sell anything like that in different parts of the country? I've found a few places that have Gyros but they're nowhere near as good.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BP348
The other top Chicago food? Gyros

Plus a big ******* one. Definitely don't have gyros like that in San Francisco. I haven't been in NYC for several years, so I can't comment on that. But it is definitely a Chicago food tradition.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I made hot dogs for lunch today because I can't get what I want out here. I used all good ingredients and they were....not good. I think I need to lower the standards of my ingredients.

~ H

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hellbound
This is another thing that I think Chicago does right. Vienna beef on a steamed poppy seed bun, dragged through the garden with tomato, chopped onion, Mustard, lime green relish, sport peppers, kosher dill, and celery salt. Yum!
Chicago_HotDog.jpg

This looks good to me, and I'd seen similar pics and have wanted to try one for a while. Today I went to a local hot dog place that specializes in Chicago style dogs, and I was pretty disappointed. The peppers overwhelmed everything else, and I wasn't crazy about the relish. Dog itself was Vienna beef, but unremarkable.

I'll have to give their rival across town a shot.

shasta

Reaction score
i had a "homewrecker" dog last night at a place called bulldog in lowertown st paul mn last night. it was a 1/2 lb vienna beef dog topped with chili, cheese, crushed potato chips, onions, sport peppers, cheese sauce and mustard - if you eat 3 in 30 minutes you get a shirt.

it was phenomenal

melwoesblvd

Reaction score
those vienna beef dogs are too small (no ****) and lack flavor. i've had the portillos dog and street dogs in LA are better. Went to Fab hot dogs in reseda, featured on triple D (LOL) today, the ripper was a big let down. silly TV convinced me it would be good. will be back to try their other hot dogs

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
http://www.seriouseats.com/2009/10/h...am-cheese.html

Although I'm not sure what this article is talking about when they infer the cream cheese dog is "new". I've been getting them since I moved back up here in 96.

And no hot dog I ever order will have ketchup on it.

Reaction score
lafayette_coney_island400.jpg

The pic demonstrates what a "real" coney dog is! If ever in Detroit, one must check out Lafayette Coney Island. The recipe is simple: Vienna dog with casing, messy chili, mustard and onions all on a steamed bun.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads