• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Figured I'd share a diet that has been working well for me...

Monaco

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
Blah blah blah blah
facepalm.gif

Like it's friggin rocket science
sarcasm.gif

How about: Eat less and expend more energy?

Wait, I hope you're being sarcastic...

Eating less and burning more is not a way to lose weight and keep it off. People who don't eat enough calories and combo that with exercise is just begging to gain their weight back plus more.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
there are 5 occurrences of salt in the original post. i eat so little salt that when i do end up going out, as infrequent as it is, i feel everything is over salted and so i always prefer eating at home. i use a few crystals of sea salt at most whenever i do add some.
Originally Posted by APK
I haven't eaten breakfast since the summer and I've never looked better.
not saying you should or shouldn't, but looks aren't everything--is your performance optimal ? just something to ponder i suppose...

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been really buckling down in the area of calories and the one thing I miss so, so much is beer. I ******* love craft beer.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
interesting to note that beer is composed mostly of carbohydrates whereas distilled beverages contain more alcohol.

Protein: 1 gram = 4 calories
Carbohydrates: 1 gram = 4 calories
Alcohol: 1 gram = 7 calories

thaesus

Reaction score
Breakfast IS important. Basically, it determines what your metabolic rate is gonna be for the rest of the day. Big breakfast = higher basal metabolic rate through the day. Also, frequent small meals help to keep the metabolic rate up.

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thaesus
Breakfast IS important. Basically, it determines what your metabolic rate is gonna be for the rest of the day. Big breakfast = higher basal metabolic rate through the day. Also, frequent small meals help to keep the metabolic rate up.

Not true and discussed to death.

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I drink plenty of craft beer and I've lost 12lbs of fat in the last 2 months and I also eat carbs...

Unbreakable

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tooch4321
I drink plenty of craft beer and I've lost 12lbs of fat in the last 2 months and I also eat carbs...

Care to throw out what ya been doing, never know it may help someone.

Opermann

Reaction score
Craft beer tends to fill you up. A few of those could probably take the place of a regular meal. Good beer actually has lots of nutrients.

thunderthighs

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gradstudent78
Not true and discussed to death.

By whom, and with what credentials? There's a bit of a difference if the claim that "breakfast isn't important" was made during, say, a conference of world-renowned and peer-reviewed-journal-published physiologists, nutritionists and physicians vs. in a "threak" of internet nobodies discussing their inflated personal anecdotes.

Just saying.

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thunderthighs
By whom, and with what credentials? There's a bit of a difference if the claim that "breakfast isn't important" was made during, say, a conference of world-renowned and peer-reviewed-journal-published physiologists, nutritionists and physicians vs. in a "threak" of internet nobodies discussing their inflated personal anecdotes.

Just saying.

I missed all the "world-renowned and peer-reviewed-journal-published physiologists, nutritionists and physicians" evidence you put forth in support of your claims.

The fact that such a fundamental aspect of our dietary habits, the number of meals we eat every day, has not yet been subject to rigorous scientific investigation is remarkable. Until the time that clear results are obtained in well controlled studies, specific recommendations concerning meal frequency and health are inappropriate to make. Indeed, no clear evidence shows that the skipping of breakfast or lunch (or both) is unhealthy, and animal data suggest quite the opposite. However, although overeating is certainly a major health problem in many countries, whether dietary restriction will improve the health and longevity of people with average or low bodyweights has not yet been established. On the basis of available data from studies of animals, changes in meal frequency are likely to have widespread effects on organ systems throughout the body. Therefore, the determination of an eating pattern that promotes health and longevity could be possible through the performance of controlled studies.

thunderthighs

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mm84321
Your tend to hear this argument quite a bit: that low carbohydrate isn't sustainable for life. Have you ever heard of the Inuit tribe? Studies of Inuit indians show that their diet consists almost entirely of animal meat and typically contains enormous amounts of fat. They eat virtually zero fruits and veggies, considering them "not fit for human consumption". Despite that, these tribes had virtually no obesity, heart disease, cancer, etc. Moreover, despite the lack of fruits and veggies that we consider "healthy", they did not have any of the vitamin deficiency diseases that we'd expect (such as scurvy).

Using the Inuit as an example is a little ridiculous; their wild-caught game and the fact that they don't let any parts of the animal go to waste is the reason their diet works for them. They thankfully are still clinging to their tradition of taking and eating only what is needed, and they work (hunt) for their food, unlike the average American who walks into the freezer section of the supermarket to grab a 12-pack of burger patties and is done, and returns (drives) home to park their supersized asses back in front of the TV with a 3000-calorie quadruple quarter pounder and fries, and a can of beer or soda.

For Vitamin C in particular, enough of it is found in the liver, skin, and brain of their game (parts which are thrown away or used as animal/pet feed in the U.S.) that the traditional Inuit don't need to get it from fresh vegetables. On the other hand, the few Inuit who have assimilated and adopted the so-called "American" way of living and eating have the same rates of obesity and heart disease as the rest of the population.

So unless you really do live and eat like a traditional Inuit, eating every part (raw) of the wild game you stalk and kill yourself, then using them as "proof" that just eating the processed and steroid-grown supermarket garbage that passes for meat in this country is good for you is a little delusional and misguided. Your post is the perfect example of why people have to be careful of what they read on teh interwebz. High time to start learning some facts.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads