• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

General Football Talk (that's soccer guys)

benecios

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank God thats over!! While 0-0 away from home is not a disaster I felt Barca were there for the taking and we should have attacked them.

Fulcannelli

Reaction score
i agree, Barca are not playing to well lately, mu should have taken them....

even though i hate Ronaldo after getting Rooney sent off (yep...still havn't forgiven him... wish someone would coin him...lol)

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rdawson808
That's a seriously ****** way to lose a win. And so late in the game too. Sorry guys; I was cheering for you.

b

did anyone else notice that on the own goal by liverpool, it appeared that the chelsea player who crossed the ball was offside when the ball was passed to him?

i'm not a liverpool fan, but this clearly offside:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

ffwd to 1:16

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the video i posted above has been removed. here is this same one posted by someone else. again, fast forward to 1:16 and you can see the chelsea player is offside when the ball is thrown to him.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

greekonomist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by matadorpoeta
did anyone else notice that on the own goal by liverpool, it appeared that the chelsea player who crossed the ball was offside when the ball was passed to him?

i'm not a liverpool fan, but this clearly offside:

I am absolutely, positively not a Chelsea fan. However, one cannot be offside on a throw-in. In this case, Kalou was not offside as he received the ball directly from a throw-in.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by greekonomist
I am absolutely, positively not a Chelsea fan. However, one cannot be offside on a throw-in. In this case, Kalou was not offside as he received the ball directly from a throw-in.
are you sure? is this a new rule? i could swear that i've been called offside on a throw in.
laugh.gif
i know you can't be offside on a corner, because you are always behind the ball on a corner. hmmm... that must be it because i've seen no reports of any controversy over the goal. edit: i just looked it up and you're right. and all this time...

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by matadorpoeta
are you sure?

That's correct; you cannot be offsides on a throw-in. Sorry.

b

EnglishGent

Reaction score
All English final. I'm not a fan of any of the teams, but it will be good to watch.

benecios

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by benecios
Utd v Chelsea final as I see it!
Although Roma is one I wanted to avoid,I have a nagging doubt.

I wish I had put some money on this I could have bought a nice pair of EG.
Any thoughts on the eventual winners?
It pains me to say it but I just feel Chelsea's name is on it.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I predict ManU will kick the crap out of Chelsea. Absolute trounce them. No questions asked.

I think ManU would have beaten Liverpool too. And I'm no ManU fan, so it's not just bias.

At least this way I'll get to see Chelsea lose.

b

benecios

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rdawson808
I predict ManU will kick the crap out of Chelsea. Absolute trounce them. No questions asked.

I think ManU would have beaten Liverpool too. And I'm no ManU fan, so it's not just bias.

At least this way I'll get to see Chelsea lose.

b

I really hope you are right. Just a thought,is Olympiakos,Fenerbahce then Liverpool the easiest route to the Final ever?

Guy Burgess

Reaction score
haha, **** off what a shite call. There is no easy route to a final and those three are not walkovers.

benecios

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Guy Burgess
haha, **** off what a shite call. There is no easy route to a final and those three are not walkovers.

Olympiakos have won 1 away game in 31 in the Champions League.
Fenerbahce have won 2 away games in 16.
Liverpool are average at best.
So **** YOU right back!!!!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads