• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Friday Challenge May 8th 2015: The odd white trouser challenge (including off-white and light cream)

Who did it best?

• sugarbutch

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Andy57

• An Acute Style

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Anden

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • JHT652

• EFV

Votes: 10 13.9%
  • bienluienapris

• Gino Abruzzo

Votes: 10 13.9%
  • unbelragazzo

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Caustic Man

• Betelgeuse

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • GMMcL

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • thefoxtooth

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • Murlsquirl

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • merick

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • Shen

• Thin White Duke

• eazye

• Cleav

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • WilliamBlake

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RoSaCe

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Last week's challenge was won by @Gino Abruzzo & I. So, we've had to agree on a subject for this challenge. Wasn't much of a problem, since I loved Gino's first suggestion: "Odd white trouser challenge". It's a great look when done right and it seems congruent with the approaching spring in most of the SF active parts of the world. We do realize that bright white may exclude too many potential posters, so we will allow off-white and light cream trousers as well. This will hopefully include a few Aussies in cream flannels as well. The rules: 1. Outfit must include a sport coat/blazer/CM compatible top half + white/off-white/light cream trousers 2. Outfit must be worn this week. 4. Poll goes up Sunday evening Swedish time. Inspiration (BnTailor, Armoury, PJohnson):
Entrants:
Truest colors in first two pics
First time Friday Challenge contestant!
I wore this spring inspired ensemble yesterday. Why not. [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR]
Off-white trousers from Gant in cavalry twill cotton. Jacket is Raffaele Caruso in brown herringbone cotton. Tie is Drake´s of London. Wool/silk navy herringbone. Shirt MTM Shoes are C&J handgrade - Marston in dark brown suede. Field jacket in last photo - Loro Piana Traveller Gloves - Hestra unlined peccary I-gent points for clip on braces and peccarygloves in chest pocket.
In...
Something a bit different for me:
My humble entry, i'm lucky because it's the only day in the week with enough sun for wearing a white trousers.
My second participation. Thanks for the support at the knit tie challenge.
vote me, heal me
I wanted a madras challenge so I went ahead and did one. Oh, and white trousers too. :D
Intrare
Might as well throw my pants in the ring. Bonus points if you can spot that I just lost a tooth. This is my entry, unless white riding breeches count.
I'll play your silly game.
A deep and strong field this week eh gents?
waixqb.jpg
In, phew!
End of the year department picnic.
Many great entrances already, so I'm just participating for the number.

Last edited:

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not an entry as I'm not going to be wearing it this week, but here's a combo I like:

qgP3Zyo.jpg

pVUIG0J.jpg

HenaW55.jpg

Corneliani flax/wool jacket, Barba shirt, Incotex cotton/hemp pants, Simonnot-Godard linen PS, Corneliani suede belt and C&J unlined suede chukkas.

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm really looking forward to seeing the submissions for this one.

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Look at Taka rocking the beat up desert boots. That's a cool look....even if everything is too small. M

I'm out....no white pants for me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads