• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FRIDAY CHALLENGE, MARCH 1st 2019: THE POLO

Who did it best?

• sometimesipostmyclothes

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • flipstah

Votes: 9 9.9%
  • upr_crust

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Alocin

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • Clouseau

Votes: 18 19.8%
  • Don L

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • chocsosa

Votes: 23 25.3%
  • txm22

• EFV

Votes: 15 16.5%
  • colHolm

Votes: 15 16.5%
  • calypso

Votes: 23 25.3%
  • Retri

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • eddiemczee

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • An Acute Style

Votes: 9 9.9%
  • JIMB

Votes: 8 8.8%
  • Thilgela

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • AGlorifiedCrew

Votes: 12 13.2%
  • Coxsackie

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • #dadcore

• Thin White Duke

• Mr Knightley

Votes: 11 12.1%
  • DavidLane

• pickergc

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • thriftvader

Votes: 3 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I confess that I'm too lazy to click through to all of the quoted pictures. It's a lame shortcoming of the current platform that pictures are "quoted" rather than quoted.

winston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I voted for both winners and both are worthy. As we have the ability to change our votes, a winner could be decided by setting a time for members to change their vote, subtracting a vote to select the one we feel is best. Just a thought.

Edit: doesn't look like we can change our votes anymore.

calypso

Reaction score
thanks for all the votes gentlemen!

I haven't been in here for a while. Is it a two-week challenge nowadays?

Will try to get in touch with @chocsosa and check if he has any ideas.

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I did a two week challenge because I didn't have time to make a shorter one, but I think it's open to however you want to go about it.

Substanceoverstyle

Reaction score
I'd like to see the polo challenge again sometime in summer, personally I feel polo's are more of a summer garment, as a more comfortable casual option under a sportcoat instead of a shirt. But nice results either way!

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was quite surprised that @Clouseau came in 2nd. His outfit was one of the most casual of the bunch by far. Is that why he came in second? Because most of us dressed the polo up too formally? Asking for a friend.

chocsosa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want to thank everyone for your vote of confidence not only in this competition but throughout the years! I dont say it much and I should but you guys really do inspire me! Almost everyone in this competition has worn something or said something that has really resonated with me at some point and helped hone in on my own style.. notably, AAS for his daring takes on style (I've lived vicariously through you homey!), EFV's many different classy takes on CM, Colholm's great sports coat combos, upr-crust's great sense of style, My fellow tall men Calypso and Closseau showing how tall men get it right, Alocin's sartorial journey (where he has grown leaps and bounds) and thats just to name a few.. I should speak up more and will try too... but I just wanted to let you guys know that I appreciate the support through the years and in this competition. @calypso and I will work on something for the next competition that engages the community. Thanks again guys!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads