• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FRIDAY CHALLENGE 3-9-18: STYLEFORVM OLYMPICS!!

VOTE FOR GOLD!

• Caustic Man TEAM USA

Votes: 13 23.2%
  • Cleav TEAM GREAT BRITAIN

Votes: 21 37.5%
  • jefferyd TEAM USA

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • crdb TEAM FRANCE

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • upr_crust TEAM USA

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • EFV TEAM SWEDEN

Votes: 14 25.0%
  • DiplomaticTies TEAM SWEDEN

• IEG TEAM USA

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Betelgeuse TEAM MEXICO

Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Wild Strawberry Rabbit TEAM POLAND

• Newcomer CANADA

• blekit TEAM POLAND

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • smittycl TEAM USA

• KingPSQ TEAM GERMANY

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • in stitches, post TEAM USA

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • bernoulli TEAM BRAZIL

Votes: 3 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wild Strawberry Rabbit

Reaction score
@blekit @Wild Strawberry Rabbit Strong entries! Are there any guides or resources online covering the world of Polish tailoring? The only one I've ever heard of is Zaremba.
Thanks!
As far as I know there are 4 tailors in Poland that are worth mentioning. Obviously there is Zaremba, but there is also another family business with a long tradition called Krupa&Rzeszutko(as @blekit said). There is also mr. Tarasenko who is actually Ukrainian but lives in Poland and his work is really good. What these three tailors have in common are quite high prices (for Poles, I suppose that for the rest of the world it’s not that expensive). And there is one more tailor, Dawid Kuklinski who actually is a self-taught tailor, IT guy who started to learn tailoring just a few years ago and from what I know he will leave his current job and become a full time tailor in a month or two. He has made the jacket I posted in this thread and now he is making two suits for me... for less than a half of Zaremba’s price, so I’d day that his work is a great value for money.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Caustic Man I've lived in the South since I was a teenager - but I am originally from Vancouver, no less - amazing I have made it so far in my CM career.

KingPSQ

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Representing Germany:

Although I wore a tweed jacket with a black and red windowpane check as well as my usual golden watch today, I decided not to enter that into this FC. I rather picked this one as I'm wearing a lot of my personal favorite garments here:

IMG_8242-PS.jpg
IMG_8252-PS.jpg

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really glad we are getting solid submissions here.

Please though, so that I can get the poll right, in the post that has your submission, please very clearly state the country you are representing. Like in bold. If it isn't there already, please do edit it in.

Kthnxbailuvya!

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Caustic Man

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm afraid that is one of the options not currently feasible for Dutch people in Jakarta...

On another note, I suppose he's a wee bit too busy at the moment, but otherwise you 'Murricans should try to enlist this dude for your team:

Robert-Mueller.jpg

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/on-and-off-the-avenue/robert-mueller-style-icon

We were just talking about this dude in the Southern Trad thread. Definitely a solid "American" style dresser, but without the look of someone from another time. He's a stylish, yet almost totally conservative, type. It's clear in any case that he has an actual philosophy to his style, as he is purported to mention in the article (at least when it comes to his white shirts).

ETA: One of the interesting things about the Trump presidency is that a publication like the New Yorker actually seems to be sympathetic and favorable to an "unreconstructed preppy" v. the slick, business shark, ensembles of Jared Kushner. A look that Kennedy once abandoned to look more accessible to the American People (the trad/Ivy look) is now the perfect public style according to this author.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure this is my best fit ever, but it is the best suit and tie rig I have pics of that is recent, so here is my submission.

Suit and glasses made in the US of A, and shirt-tie-PS display the good ole red-white-and-blue. MURRICA!!! :slayer:

2ee0e5f4-9fc4-482f-9267-6f023e20cc9c-jpeg.937112

32972627-4c1c-4238-b1dd-7791776b2c63-jpeg.937113

58691fb4-fb13-4450-b8f3-17592623468e-jpeg.937114

670b287e-6b6b-4a3a-bc84-a781686eecb1-jpeg.937116

Aeschylus

Reaction score

bernoulli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Representing Brazil. We don't do Winter sports, so tennis it is. As for why there is a tennis racket in my office, there is a simple explanation: I will stop whatever I am doing to play. My partner knows that. Tennis, her, basketball and comics. She climbed over basketball recently. PS got a bit out of control but this is my A-game. My favorite suit (cobalt blue) because of the lapel vests and the texture of the material. Ball is a gift of a friend who played at Queen's Club. As for colors of my country, all are represented. The cufflinks are yellow and green. Blue in the jacket and more green and yellow in the tennis ball, important part of the whole ensemble, of course.

IMG_E5028.JPG IMG_5003.JPG
IMG_5164.JPG IMG_5014.JPG IMG_5149.JPG IMG_5193.JPG IMG_5150.JPG IMG_5203.JPG

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads