• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FRIDAY CHALLENGE 3-9-18: STYLEFORVM OLYMPICS!!

VOTE FOR GOLD!

• Caustic Man TEAM USA

Votes: 13 23.2%
  • Cleav TEAM GREAT BRITAIN

Votes: 21 37.5%
  • jefferyd TEAM USA

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • crdb TEAM FRANCE

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • upr_crust TEAM USA

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • EFV TEAM SWEDEN

Votes: 14 25.0%
  • DiplomaticTies TEAM SWEDEN

• IEG TEAM USA

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Betelgeuse TEAM MEXICO

Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Wild Strawberry Rabbit TEAM POLAND

• Newcomer CANADA

• blekit TEAM POLAND

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • smittycl TEAM USA

• KingPSQ TEAM GERMANY

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • in stitches, post TEAM USA

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • bernoulli TEAM BRAZIL

Votes: 3 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okie dokie, tiem for a new StyleForum Friday Challenge!

TEH STYLEFORVM OLYMPICS!!#1!!1!@!!@!!!

In honor of the recently concluded Winter Games, and because its been a while (I think), since we pitted countries against each other in a Friday Challenge, I though it would be fun to revisit this. But with a few twists. So, here are the rules.

Any fit can be submitted. MC or SWD, no rules as to what the fit includes. The only caveat is
it should be what you consider your best fit ever, or one of your best. This is the Olympics, so bring your A-game.

Ideally it should be a be a new fit, made speshuwl for the challenge, but if you can't get a great pic, or if you feel like an older pic does a better job of representing your A-game, it will be allowed. But really only if absolutely necessary.

As far nationality, you are eligible under your country of birth or residence, or anywhere that you currently hold a valid passport. So, along with your fit, please include which country you are competing for.

Bonus points if you can incorporate any of the colors from your country's flag somewhere into the fit, but this is secondary to looking awesome.

After all fits are submitted, participants will be grouped by country, with a different poll for each country. That collection of polls will run for two days. After they close, a new two-day poll will go up featuring the winners from each country, the decided upon best representing their countrymen, and the winner of that poll will bring home the gold for their country and be the STYLEFORVM CHAMPION OF ALL TIMEZZZZ (for this particular week), and be crowned the winner of the STYLEFORVM OLYMPICS FRIDAY CHALLENGE!!!!

Due to the lateness of getting this started, the next challenge will run until next weekend. Submissions may be offered until Saturday night, March 10.

Good luck, and godspeed!!

AND YOUR CONTESTANTS ARE...

Multiple choice voting but can only for a maximum of 3 entries.

Caustic Man
TEAM USA
fullsizerender-27-jpg.934613

Cleav
TEAM GREAT BRITAIN
img_1668-jpg.935161

jefferyd
TEAM USA
img_9002-jpg.935327

crdb
TEAM FRANCE
xPp8PG9.png

upr_crust
TEAM USA
img_7640-jpg.935992

EFV
TEAM SWEDEN
dscf5743-jpg.936001

DiplomaticTies
TEAM SWEDEN
p%C3%A5stan-03-jpg.936211

IEG
TEAM USA
010-jpg.936558

Betelgeuse
TEAM MEXICO
39749876645_37fbef2ec5_b.jpg

Wild Strawberry Rabbit
TEAM POLAND
78e7194b-6669-4894-a3ac-fe6917dd960a-jpeg.936515

Newcomer
CANADA
picture2-jpg.936801

blekit
TEAM POLAND
20170328_080426-jpg.936831

smittycl
TEAM USA
7686d0dc-5b86-4e0b-b030-754054de9c63-jpeg.936848

KingPSQ
TEAM GERMANY
img_8242-ps-jpg.937488

in stitches
TEAM USA
2ee0e5f4-9fc4-482f-9267-6f023e20cc9c-jpeg.937112

bernoulli
TEAM BRAZIL
img_e5028-jpg.938190

Last edited:

Caustic Man

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If this isn't America enough for you then I don't know what is. Ivy style sack blazer and oxford shirt by Brooks Brothers, khaki trousers by Land's End, Ray Ban sunglasses, and a Chevy pickup truck. Most of what you see here, including me, were made in America. Snotty, entitled, attitude provided gratis. Clear Summer day, courtesy of God.

FullSizeRender-27.jpg

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol.

Let’s not forget that the primary goal here, above all else, is to look really good.

Like, the patriotic shtick is secondary to putting together a great fit. We are seeing which country can crush it in #menswear, and it would also be nice if the fits can incorporate a patriotic element. I’d rather see outstanding fits with no patriotism than mediocre fits plastered with country colors and themes. And I hope voters consider fit quality above shtick in this particular challenge.

No, I’m not dissing CM, he looks lovely. I’m just putting this out there before people start posting up stark naked wrapped in a flag or wearing a Capn’ ‘Murica costume.

:)

KingPSQ

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Bonus points if you can incorporate the colors from your country's flag somewhere into the fit, and I hope people will take that into consideration when voting.

So my country's flag is made up of black, red and gold. And I thought it was a challenge wearing just ONE of these colors a few weeks ago (red).

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So my country's flag is made up of black, red and gold. And I thought it was a challenge wearing just ONE of these colors a few weeks ago (red).

Yeah, see above, my man. Trying to avoid the focus here being country colors. And I am starting to regret even mentioning it.

Quality of fit above all else is the goal. Country color, or colors, are nice, but definitely not required, and do not supercede the goal of being a #menswear master.

I WANT TO SEE YOUR BEST, PEOPLE! Not you kitchiest.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Edited OP to better reflect the objective of this FC.

Caustic Man

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Black, red, and gold (buttons and ring). Red and black are my school colors and, although SF seems to think they are tough to work with, I think they work fairly easily together. Might not be everyone's cuppa, but it's acceptable in a Trad context. Go Cards!

(Not and entry, btw)

ssp1.jpg

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
????

Jacket looks blue, shirt and square and stripes in tie look white, and other stripes in tie look red on my phone. What am I missing here?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:thumbs-up:

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, gonna see if we can take our Volvo out to IKEA and get a shot of a yellow and blue outfit there :lol:

I'm in. Our national colours are a mixed blessing (blue in menswear: yay; yellow: not so much) but it should be possible to get some yellow in there. Haven't seen a lot of @Anden recently, he should be in too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads