• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Friday Challenge - VOTING THREAD - Connection

Which story/piece do you vote for?

• @Clouseau

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • @Daniel Hakimi

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • @ld111134

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • @Clouseau

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • @upr_crust

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • @eightace

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • @Mr Knightley

Votes: 8 23.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks to all who entered and well done! I really enjoyed reading about your items. Please vote for your favorites below. I'm going to put multiple entries in if they were submitted, but total votes will be a summation of the separate entries so as not to dilute the vote for more participation.

@Clouseau - Lee Riders:
"I like to dress minimalist most of the times. I always loved jeans. I know Lee’s are not very appreciated in the USA these days, but it’s not the case here, as they are considered as the second historical brand after Levi’s. i bought those Lee Riders in Japan. They are part of the Lee Archives collection (Lee’s equivalent to LVC), made in Japan, and a repro of the 1952s model (worn by James Dean in several movies).
They connect me to Japan, and to my son, as I found one for him in Japan when he was still a baby."

4fba97f8-dd67-4396-966f-f9dc0dcdce4c-jpeg.1766325

c27e5cd6-3749-4437-90a2-227a7c4991ba-jpeg.1766328

@Daniel Hakimi - Father's cords and necklace/Grandfather's coat

"These cords (and this necklace) belonged to my father. I never really thought of him as a stylish guy before he passed, but exploring his wardrobe afterwards, I found a few items that I found interesting. Particularly... he was taller and bigger than me, so I didn't think much of his clothing would fit, but I wanted to try a higher rise and a more relaxed fit, and... Almost like a miracle, one pair of jeans and one pair of cords fit me just right for the effect I had in mind. These black cords have been really fun for me to play with, super comfortable, and an interesting reminder of my dad...[T]he overcoat was my Grandpa's."

KuekfR9.jpg

Wsjj5At.jpg

@ld111134 - Cufflinks

"The first set of cufflinks were a gift from beloved late wife who passed away three years ago (I wore them today because yesterday would have been her birthday). The second pair of Elsa Peretti-designed cufflinks are from Tiffany’s and are a gift from my new bride. I wore the third pair, which are part of a black tie set, to my wedding to my bride back in December. Last, but not least, the third set have my initials engraved and are a gift from my dad."

CA98706E-E816-46B8-BCF4-5077A3052E3E.jpeg

BDA661D2-A795-4B1D-9698-1E808352BD72.jpeg

2FF630FF-C0F6-4334-AF26-C58A1468C31A.jpeg

83FB37EA-EE3A-4174-972F-E43C145B761F.jpeg

@Clouseau - Rolex

"This Rolex belonged to my older brother. He gave it to me a few days before his disappearance.
My brother had a daughter. She was a young teenager at the time. I kept the watch until three years ago, when she married. I gave it to her to celebrate. She now has a two years old boy, i hope he will get it one day, as it comes from his great father."

brown3-jpg.1768531

@upr_crust - Memories of London

"Between my hyperactive memory, and my oversized wardrobe, my closet is a goldmine of the evocative. Today's suit was next in rotation to be worn, and, as it turns out, carries its own set of memories, as I've packed and worn this suit a couple of times, pre-pandemic, to London. A short perusal of the photo files from the last couple of vacations to London produced photos from three different dining venues, all wearing today's suit. As I'm unlikely to see London soon (or go anywhere until my ankle is healed), I will have to settle for pleasant memories of sojourns past. These I share with you..."

img_7026-jpg.1769991

roast202001-jpg.1769992

@eightace - The best first sportcoat in Donegal tweed

"It's 1996, and it's my first trip overseas.
In London, I meet up with an old friend. He asks "Where are you going next?" I tell him I'm going to Ireland.
He says: "Buy some Donegal tweed."
I remember thinking "Why the hell would I do that? And what is Donegal tweed? What is tweed?"
I go to Ireland. I find myself in Galway. Somehow, I end up in Frank McDonagh & Co Menswear, in Eyre Square. I know nothing about menswear, I'm not even interested in menswear, but here I am. There's a sports coat I like. I've never owned a sports coat. It costs more than any piece of clothing I've ever owned, but I buy it, continue my travels, and bring it home.
A quarter of a century later, this Magee jacket is one of my clothing treasures. The fabric has a wonderful soft hand, and still feels new. The houndstooth is not black but blue.
I love wearing it, which I do all too rarely because it hardly ever gets cold enough in Sydney. It always reminds me of that first, amazing trip."

magee-for-sf-3-jpg.1770697

@Mr Knightley - A bespoke commission from his youth

"In the late 1960s, as a young suedehead, I frequented bespoke tailors. The sought-after look then was fairly slim with a three button jacket with narrow lapels. I returned to bespoke tailoring a few years ago, wanting to see if I could find a tailor who could help me connect with those halcyon days through a new commission. I found an East London tailor who had been a modernist back in the day. This was one of the first results - a navy blazer and pow trousers."

ce644bd9-70c6-4a92-8d51-f9c735e831d5-jpeg.1770842

ffd830cc-d3b1-4b2c-b439-accbf05840dd-jpeg.1770844

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Thanks for the votes guys !

The new Challenge is up

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads