• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FRIDAY CHALLENGE 3-9-18: STYLEFORVM OLYMPICS!!

VOTE FOR GOLD!

• Caustic Man TEAM USA

Votes: 13 23.2%
  • Cleav TEAM GREAT BRITAIN

Votes: 21 37.5%
  • jefferyd TEAM USA

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • crdb TEAM FRANCE

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • upr_crust TEAM USA

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • EFV TEAM SWEDEN

Votes: 14 25.0%
  • DiplomaticTies TEAM SWEDEN

• IEG TEAM USA

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Betelgeuse TEAM MEXICO

Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Wild Strawberry Rabbit TEAM POLAND

• Newcomer CANADA

• blekit TEAM POLAND

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • smittycl TEAM USA

• KingPSQ TEAM GERMANY

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • in stitches, post TEAM USA

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • bernoulli TEAM BRAZIL

Votes: 3 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AIGHT Y'ALL!! POLL IS UP!!

Switching up from my original plan...

Straight poll like usual. Whoever gets the most votes wins gold, second most wins silver, and third most wins bronze.

Multiple choice poll, but can only for a maximum of 3 entries.

Have at it!

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A little disappointed that more Swedes didn't show up, know that there are plenty of us around SF. @Cleav and @EFV superb as always but this time my main vote goes to @Caustic Man . Not only is it a great fit, but it also feels so quintessentially American.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A little disappointed that more Swedes didn't show up, know that there are plenty of us around SF. @Cleav and @EFV superb as always but this time my main vote goes to @Caustic Man . Not only is it a great fit, but it also feels so quintessentially American.
Yeah, I thought the same. Greats pics all, though.

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Thanks El S :cheers: and thanks to all who took part and those kind enough to support me.

I'll get a new challenge up directly, probably run through the next week looking to conclude on Monday 26th.

MrUsedThreads

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
View attachment 936848 View attachment 936849

American relaxing after work. Blazer and pants from Oxxford, shirt from Ledbury, Brooks Brothers 9/11 Memorial tie (proceeds went to fund the memorial in NYC), Allen Edmonds Chelsea boots and belt. Kentucky bourbon. No flag pin required as I know where I’m from. :cool:
Looking like an American Dos Equis ad if I've ever seen one. As a native New Yorker I'm curious where one can still get those 9/11 memorial ties--any ideas? Random question--where we you during the attack on the towers? Still a dark day in our not so distant past. Cheers mate--looking good there my man.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I think the tie shows up on eBay every now and again.

I was on active duty with our Army in Germany on 9/11. Things got hectic fast.

MrUsedThreads

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks! I think the tie shows up on eBay every now and again.

I was on active duty with our Army in Germany on 9/11. Things got hectic fast.
WOW thats incredible. Thank you for your service! What was that like for you being on active duty while all this happened--were you stationed in any of the hotbeds in Afghanistan? I have to admit that at that time, I think I was a freshman in high school, I was very naive--at the time it was all "war is bad" rhetoric--I had a bunch of friends that were of that punk-hippie mentality of anti-establishment, anti-government, all that kind of stuff...and here I am now a purveyor of high-end fashion. The roads we travel are so fascinating sometimes. And I have an incredible amount of respect for what you and others have done to put your lives on the line for this country--hindsight is a *****.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads