• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FRIDAY CHALLENGE 20140509 - COTTON

Who did it best?

• Anden

Votes: 35 42.7%
  • Don Cologne

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Holdfast

Votes: 17 20.7%
  • GMMcL

Votes: 7 8.5%
  • SpooPoker

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • Christopher Essex

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • An Acute Style

Votes: 13 15.9%
  • alessandromo

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Amar ezzahi

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • jungleroller

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • sugarbutch

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • Betelgeuse

Votes: 34 41.5%
  • Tirailleur1

Votes: 43 52.4%
  • acecow

Votes: 3 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This week we embrace spring and one of the materials most suitable for the season, Cotton. I expect most of you guys own at least one cotton SC or suit, now is the time bring them out. Rules are simple: Cotton SC or suit. Cotton blends are allowed if they contain more than 50% cotton. Fits have to be worn this week. Poll will be up on Saturday and ends on Monday (Swedish time). Examples (BnTailor, vannikorea):
Edit: ^Those are some horrible fitting sleeves on an otherwise lovely suit.
Participants:
SC 100% cotton - Raffaele Caruso The rest is Drake's, Kamakura, C&J etc.
Raffaele Caruso old cotton sports coat.
Vineyard Vines (sold today, so this is likely to be its final hurrah) Finamore Talbott Unknown Hiltl 0 Carmina
Boglioli cotton jacket Finamore cotton shirt Ralph Lauren Purple Label silk tie Random cotton paisley PS Hierbas de Ibiza Martin Dingman blue alligator belt J. Crew Bowery oxford cotton pants Lodger blue suede + pebble grain loafers
Jacket: Howard Yount (cotton) Shirt: Luxire (cotton) Trousers: Luxire (linen) Tie: Hober grenadine PS: Kent Wang Not pictured: Shoes: C&J Lowndes
(the chinos aren't yellow but sand)
:hide: Jacket is 100% cotton
Fotor0509112437.jpg
Cotton SC: Uniqlo Cotton shirt: Spoon Cotton pants: Isaia Cotton socks: Lands End Cotton drawers: Fruit Of The Loom for Old Navy
100% cotton suit:

Last edited:

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Wow, great first entry!

Love everything about that fit: collar roll, lapels, colours and textures.

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Remember, technically you could go with moleskin or corduroy (classic F/W fabrics) as they're also (usually) cotton. :teach:

Last edited:

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
cmhp6EO.jpg

bj6PLPI.jpg

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Tie and dress shirt are optional. Although, considering this is MC, you're more likely to get votes if you stick to (at least casual) dress shirts.

Last edited:

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I may have to bow out of this one - my only cotton suit is seersucker, and it's a little early in the season for it, at least here in NYC. However, don't let me stop the rest of you from having a go at it - I'll be very interested to see what you all come up with.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Should be a fun challenge. Unfortunately, the only jacket I have is a cotton, angora, wool blend. It looks like wool tho. Which, point in fact, is the reason I bought it. I'm not a huge fan of cotton jackets. The wrinkles drive me crazy.

:(

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Should be a fun challenge. Unfortunately, the only jacket I have is a cotton, angora, wool blend. It looks like wool tho. Which, point in fact, is the reason I bought it. I'm not a huge fan of cotton jackets. The wrinkles drive me crazy.

:(

Great challenge idea, I'll see whether I can come up with something.

Forgive my ignorance @in stitches, but I didn't think you wore any type of blended fabric?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No probs.

I wear lots of blended fabrics. The only blend that is not allowed by Jewish law is wool and linen together. Any other blend is fine.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads