• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best jean makers 2022?

Napolizzi

Reaction score
ive tried on BC and didnt like the fit, it runs very small, i actually cant even put on their tees and most of their jumpers becasue the neck is too small

i have the same experience with Hermes.

im curious, who are your favourites?

Carl London

Reaction score
Hello

I am looking for some jeans, there are too many options!

I just want a high quality pair of cotton jeans, straight leg and uniform colour that can be worn with a casual blazer or equally well with a hoodie. Mainly a pair that will last.

I am a fan of Italian brands, These are the brands I was looking at
Giorgio Armani Black Label
Emporio Armani
Tom Ford
Loro Piana

I am leaning towards GA, used to love Emporio armani jeans, but the label seems to have turned mainstream and more targeted for kids, they use lots of synthetics now. I love Loro Piana but their prices are quite steep, are their any other lesser known brands who focus on quality and have that effortless relaxed fit that never goes out of style

I have had dozens of pairs of Emporio Armani jeans and Hugo Boss jeans down the years and Emporio Armani has the best cut out of the two and they don't use YKK badged zips. They are in a similar tier and in the U.K these retail at about 185 GBP including Vat/Sales tax. They come with a big 'but' in that they don't last long and tend to rip and fall apart within a year.

Kiton and Giorgio Armani are on a different level with the price tags to match, I did get a 25% discount on a pair of Giorgio once in the official store in Las Vegas. I think I ended up paying around 350 USD for a basic-bro black pair.

Kiton, yes its financial suicide to buy at retail but you get what you pay for, they are the rolls-royce of jeans alongside Giorgio.

Tom Ford, I am sure they are made to the highest quality but they tend to be more about the 'Lux Levis' look and thats perfectly OK but i prefer the materials that Kiton and GA use.

Loro Piana, I have never owned a pair but i seen a few pairs pop on on sale from time to time, they look like they are going for a Borrelli style at three times the price-tag.

That brings to my final mid-level jeans which are Luigi Borrelli, Canali. If I had to buy full or, near full retail with my own money, these two labels are solid, offer a good, reliable fit and outstanding build quality. I am sure you could place Barba into that zone too but they vary quite widly on fitment.

For my summer holidays I have picked up a pair of GA dark purple jeans with japanese cord denim in the sale at Yoox at a rediculous discount and some Kiton. I did look for Borrelli and Canali this year but there not much about on sale.

Napolizzi

Reaction score
I have had dozens of pairs of Emporio Armani jeans and Hugo Boss jeans down the years and Emporio Armani has the best cut out of the two and they don't use YKK badged zips. They are in a similar tier and in the U.K these retail at about 185 GBP including Vat/Sales tax. They come with a big 'but' in that they don't last long and tend to rip and fall apart within a year.

Kiton and Giorgio Armani are on a different level with the price tags to match, I did get a 25% discount on a pair of Giorgio once in the official store in Las Vegas. I think I ended up paying around 350 USD for a basic-bro black pair.

Kiton, yes its financial suicide to buy at retail but you get what you pay for, they are the rolls-royce of jeans alongside Giorgio.

Tom Ford, I am sure they are made to the highest quality but they tend to be more about the 'Lux Levis' look and thats perfectly OK but i prefer the materials that Kiton and GA use.

Loro Piana, I have never owned a pair but i seen a few pairs pop on on sale from time to time, they look like they are going for a Borrelli style at three times the price-tag.

That brings to my final mid-level jeans which are Luigi Borrelli, Canali. If I had to buy full or, near full retail with my own money, these two labels are solid, offer a good, reliable fit and outstanding build quality. I am sure you could place Barba into that zone too but they vary quite widly on fitment.

For my summer holidays I have picked up a pair of GA dark purple jeans with japanese cord denim in the sale at Yoox at a rediculous discount and some Kiton. I did look for Borrelli and Canali this year but there not much about on sale.

Ive looked at Kiton, didnt like the fit. I know the italians like them slimmer with stretch in the leg and ive just checked Borrelli and they seem the same style.

I still always end up going back to EA, I need long in the leg which many dont offer too. Id go with LP but then i know id always be too worried to damage them

Kappelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Comfort comes first for me, and you correct, I like jeans which fit like chinos but look a bit more casual, I look for 100% cotton, I prefer Dark blue uniform colour, lightweight

Barba is fine price-quality wise in my opinion if you want some casual pants that are designed like jeans.

maxalex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can’t and won’t comment on those designer brands listed by the OP, but regarding selvedge denim: fit is the bottom line. Most of the current brands are quite good; some will fit you better than others.

Denim fit is one of the few areas of menswear that I trust, indeed solicit, the opinion of a woman. My gf is a women’s clothing designer; we don’t tell each other what to wear, but I trust her when she says 3Sixteen jeans fit me best. They won’t fit everyone best.

The moral of the story is to always try on jeans in person, and buy according to fit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads