• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fragrance Top 10

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jaytix9
polo double black
burberry touch

Polo double black is awesome,

Cant decide if im a fan of the Burberry touch.. I almost picked up a bottle

TBSDSpaniard

Reaction score
Can I play too..... in no particular order

1) Guerlain Vetiver - Classic, classic, classic...did I mention it is a classic?
2) Lanvin Vetyver - Modern twist on a certain classic - although I dont like it as much as the Guerlain...I find women enjoy this one much more.
3) Zirh Courdroy - the best value in cologne by far - cinnamon...great for casual evenings and weekends
4) Bulgari Acqua - amazing summer scent
5) Clinique happy - great evening summer scent
6) Bulgari Pour Homme - great for everday wear
7) YSL Rive Gauche PH - nice baby powder....
8) Polo Green - what up, grandpa - but can you really say anything else reminds me of my childhood than this scent I keep a bottle of this around just for that!!!
9) Burberry London - my wife loves it
10) Polo Double Black - the best out of polo since the now discontinued crest...

Brian SD

Reaction score
Rach, is there a difference between the Helmut Lang EDP and EDT?

On your recommendation I might pick it up. I want a nice scent for fall/winter. My friend wears Chanel Anteus I think. Man that stuff lasts forever. I borrowed his scarf for about 30 minutes and even I smelled like it.

How strong is HL EDP/EDT? I actually want something a bit stronger.. my Dior and Burberry scents are really subtle.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
Rach, is there a difference between the Helmut Lang EDP and EDT? On your recommendation I might pick it up. I want a nice scent for fall/winter. My friend wears Chanel Anteus I think. Man that stuff lasts forever. I borrowed his scarf for about 30 minutes and even I smelled like it. How strong is HL EDP/EDT? I actually want something a bit stronger.. my Dior and Burberry scents are really subtle.
The two versions are an EdP and an EdC (eau de cologne). Both have good longevity but be warned that HL scents don't have much sillage (which is how they will project from your skin or how they will be detected by others). They are VERY subtle; more than your Dior or your Burberry. The EdP and the EdC are the same scent, each with a different focus. So, you can easily tell sniffing them both that they are similar, but each takes the notes and idea in a different direction. I like them both for different reasons, or especially layering them together. They are discontinued, so honestly the prices have gotten higher than they should, so I don't know if I recommend buying one over some others (see below!) My current good winter recommendation if you want something stronger, but still very classy, would be L'instant de Guerlain PH. It's obtained very inexpensively online (it's $27 here: http://www.scentiments.com/Product/S...?id=95743&cid= which is less than half retail and scentiments is top-notch ((I use it regularly)) and lasts on the skin forever. I really like it. Currently, my "go to" daily scent is this one's older brother, the Eau de parfum "extreme" version (which I don't think is sold in the US, for some odd reason). Another would be Dior Bois d'argent. Yet another if you want something more "foody" would be Hanae Mori HM or (if you got da cash moneys) Bond no. 9 New Haarlem. DIFFERENT Winter direction: more "medicinal," warmer and spicier, would be Comme des Garcons 2 Man, L'artisan parfumeur Tea for Two, or even the new Gucci PH II (which has mid/basenotes of tea and cinammon).

mykel67

Reaction score
In order of how frequently I "go to" these...

1. Vera Wang for Men
2. Fragonard Eau de Hongrie
3. Creed Silver Mountain Water
4. Hermes Eau d'Orange Verte (which unfortunately 'lasts' about 5 minutes on me)
5. Cartier Pasha
6. Burberry Weekend
7. Clinique Happy
8. Burberry Brit
9. Serges Lutens Les Muscs Koublai Khan (a gift... spicier than I'd normally wear)

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^If you ever decide you don't like your Lutens MKK, please send it my way!!!!

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
^If you ever decide you don't like your Lutens MKK, please send it my way!!!!

heh, you and your stinkers.

What about L'air de Rien - any opinion on that one?

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Lately all I wear are:

Azzaro PH
Guerlain Vetiver (vintage bottle)
Guerlain Derby
PdN New York
Old Spice (I swear to god this stuff gets better and better to me as time goes on)

I used to mix it up a lot more but I've really settled into these four. Some others getting occassional play are

Dior Jules
Aramis Havana
CdG Kyoto
Cartier Declaration
Jicky

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gonna try to pick up Guerlain Vetiver this weekend, I need an alternative to Mugler that will last longer, and that one was recommended..

Otherwise I may try out Creeds OV

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FlyingLotus
Gonna try to pick up Guerlain Vetiver this weekend, I need an alternative to Mugler that will last longer, and that one was recommended..

Otherwise I may try out Creeds OV

Smell it first; Guerlain Vetiver is very different from Creed OV. Though Creed puts "Vetiver" in the name, it is much sweeter and less "green" than a lot of Vetiver's on the market.

The OV is more like the Mugler, but not the Guerlain.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Smell it first; Guerlain Vetiver is very different from Creed OV. Though Creed puts "Vetiver" in the name, it is much sweeter and less "green" than a lot of Vetiver's on the market.

More like? A LOT more like, as in a clone.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Just thought I'd bump this up again as it garnered some good responses. As well, given that many will be searching for new fragrances with holiday gift-cards, these recs might help others out!

Others that weren't on the list (because they are very subjective picks of mine that tend to be less "user-friendly"):

Montale Black Aoud, Aoud Lime, White Aoud, and/or Aoud Queen Roses (if you like Aoud, you'll love it. If you don't, you'll hate it).
Guerlain Mitsouko, Jicky, Mouchoir de Monsieur (Jicky and Mouchoir are love it/hate it scents. There is no middle ground. Don't do blind buys... give them a sniff first). Mitsouko, though, is nice all around...
Tom Ford White Patchouli (this is a new one that just came out).

Chicago Guy

Reaction score

I'm surprised Creed OV is being mentioned here. I have this and wouldn't consider it a "popular" scent by Creed (e.g. GIT, SMW, Himalaya, etc.). I have to admit I've never tried/smelled Guerlain's Vetiver, so I can't comment on it, however, I can tell you that I love Creed's OV. A very fresh and "soapy" scent that is great for everyday wear, especially in the summer. Some people complain that it doesn't last long on the skin, but I haven't had any issues with that.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chicago Guy
I'm surprised Creed OV is being mentioned here. I have this and wouldn't consider it a "popular" scent by Creed (e.g. GIT, SMW, Himalaya, etc.). I have to admit I've never tried/smelled Guerlain's Vetiver, so I can't comment on it, however, I can tell you that I love Creed's OV. A very fresh and "soapy" scent that is great for everyday wear, especially in the summer. Some people complain that it doesn't last long on the skin, but I haven't had any issues with that.

It is a neat one and, like you, I've had no problems with longevity.

If you like the soapy factor of OV, try Balenciaga Ho Hang. It's an awful name, but a neat scent. It's spicey/soapy where the OV is fresh/soapy.

If you want to try it and have trouble locating a bottle, PM me. I think it's still in production, though it may now be discontinued (a lot of Balenciaga's old offerings are now OOP).

Chicago Guy

Reaction score
Will do - thanks for the tip.

Anyone have any opinions on Kiehl's Original Musk? My wife recently purchased the shower gel for me and I'm still unsure of it. Maybe it's my relative infamiliarity with musks, or just that I find it so....different, for lack of a better word.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads