• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fragrance Top 10

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No order

Tom Ford - Bois Marocain
Tom Ford - Oud wood
YSL M7
Guerlain - Habit Rouge (although I dont wear it too often because it is so potent)
Dior Homme - Need a bottle of this. Anyone got a lead on a split of it?
Amouage Jubilation XXV
Amouage Memoir Man
Amouage Epic Man
Creed Aventus
Serge Lutens Chergui
L'Instant de Guerlain Eau Extreme (cant believe I forgot this. may have to bump something else off)

Honorable Mention
Tom Ford - Plum Japonais (may move up after my split arrives)
Hermes Terre d'Hermes

Last edited:

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
So I'll do a list of currently available juice (in no order). My criterion is less to fit with my "personal" taste than to create a rounded list that covers all the bases:

1. Portrait of a Lady (Malle)- Oriental
2. Parfum de Therese (Malle)- Just amazing, maybe the greatest combination ever made.
3. Bigarade Concentree (Malle)- Citrus; honorable mentions Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune, Hermes Eau d'orange concentree
4. Helmut Lang EdP/EdC- Weird gourmand/skin (honorable mention L'aP DZING... as a weird hybrid that wears close to the skin).
5. Diorella (Dior Les Creations)- Citrus floral, runs close to #2 as the greatest ever. Honorable Mention: Eau Fraiche, (original) Eau Sauvage.
6. Cuir de Russie (Chanel)... any concentration, but especially the parfum. - Leather chypre; honorable mention... eh, there isn't one.
7. No. 22 (Chanel)... prefer the parfum, but EdT is okay. -Floral chypre/aldehyde/incense.
8. Tom Ford Black Orchid- Try it; honorable mention L'a P DZONGKHA! (not because they are similar but because they defy most genres).
9. TdC Rose Poivree (honorable mention: Villoresi Piper Nigrum)- Spicy floral
10. Shalimar (Guerlain)- Vanilla oriental classic.- Honorable mentions Jicky, Vol de Nuit,

Last edited:

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

6. Cuir de Russie (Chanel)... any concentration, but especially the parfum. - Leather chypre; honorable mention... eh, there isn't one.

Bandit!

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

In theory, I agree. Also Knize Ten, Cuiron, Cuir de Ottoman, even Diorling or Jolie Madame. Even Royal English Leather (Creed).

Bandit, conceptually, does a lot for leather scents by blending green/fresh notes with the traditional heavy/stinky leather note. CdR, however, is very different. As such, at the end of the day.. CdR is just in a class by itself. That's why I couldn't mention an alternative. Knize Ten would probably be the closest I could ponder, or Cuiron in conceptual intent.

But why mess with perfection? Just go to a Chanel Flagship and get a sample of the parfum.

Last edited:

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Cuir de Russie is a remarkable fragrance. Bandit is definitely as well but is bitter green whereas the Chanel contains no rough edges like Bandit does. Bandit is almost stylistically a love child of Cuir de Russie and Chanel no 19, which is high praise.

FineMoment

Reaction score
So I'll do a list of currently available juice (in no order). My criterion is less to fit with my "personal" taste than to create a rounded list that covers all the bases:

I would love to test some of these. whenever I find a chance to visit retail.

It would be nice if you can categorize each in your list to a specific group. Maybe based on situations you would wear each or any other indications (summer, etc).

Here is your list combined with the OP:

Parfum de Therese (Malle)
Diorella (Dior Les Creations)
Bigarade Concentree (Malle)
Helmut Lang Eau de Cologne (and Eau de parfum)
L'instant pour homme (Guerlain)
Tom Ford Black Orchid
L'artisan Parfumeur Voleur de Rose
Montale Black Aoud
Guerlain Jicky (Guerlain) (edp or parfum, preferably)
Shalimar (Guerlain)
Portrait of a Lady (Malle)
Tabac Blond
Cuir de Russie (Chanel)... any concentration, but especially the parfum
Vetiver Extraordinaire (Malle)
No. 22 (Chanel)... prefer the parfum, but EdT is okay
TdC Rose Poivree
Chamade (Guerlain)
Vega (Guerlain)
Aramis JHL
Moustache de Rochas
Eau de lalique
Helmut Lang Cuiron
Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche Pour Homme
Diptyque Philosykos
Anthousa Fig&Vetiver
Chanel Antaeus
Prada Amber for women
Creed Bois du Portugal

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^Thanks for compiling the list. I'll work on organizing it and will edit/update this post when I can.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads