• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Claire was great. I’m aware that Danica is an attractive female American with a respectable racing career, and there aren’t too many of those if that’s what your demographic wants. But she comes across as both ignorant and condescending. And why do American viewers like her? I remember that she got so much hate (actually most of it unfair) during her career, so she clearly irks people.

If we want more women on the show, there’s plenty of great ones - Claire, Bernie Collins, Naomi Schiff, Susie Wolff (maybe the latter actually was on this show? I forget). Hell, if we’re ok having non-experts drone on, let’s see more of Kika Gomez (Gasly’s GF)

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Claire was great. I’m aware that Danica is an attractive female American with a respectable racing career, and there aren’t too many of those if that’s what your demographic wants. But she comes across as both ignorant and condescending. And why do American viewers like her? I remember that she got so much hate (actually most of it unfair) during her career, so she clearly irks people.

If we want more women on the show, there’s plenty of great ones - Claire, Bernie Collins, Naomi Schiff, Susie Wolff (maybe the latter actually was on this show? I forget). Hell, if we’re ok having non-experts drone on, let’s see more of Kika Gomez (Gasly’s GF)
"respectable"

bgsmith

Reaction score

I honestly wasn’t sure what bothered me about her, but you nailed it, it’s her condescending tone, she always sounds like “hey I’m a race car driver so I know more than all of you” but in reality her takes on F1 blow!!

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hey, I was trying to come up with a word for “ok enough to stick around Indycar for a few years”, feel free to suggest a better word :laugh:
With the context that I'm a person of color who has suffered from being erroneously considered a token, and who was initially very supportive of her, Danica's longevity as a driver was only possible because of her sex. She did well enough in the junior categories to deserve her shot at Indycar, and I think she was good enough for that era of the category. Her switch to NASCAR made sense for her sponsors and her earning potential, but she was not up to it, drove and acted like an ass frequently, and she got to stay around much longer than any equivalent man would have been able to.

Also, she's a medicore color commentator—at best—and knows less about F1 than probably thousands and thousands of devoted fans. She brings literally nothing to the table in this context.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With the context that I'm a person of color who has suffered from being erroneously considered a token, and who was initially very supportive of her, Danica's longevity as a driver was only possible because of her sex. She did well enough in the junior categories to deserve her shot at Indycar, and I think she was good enough for that era of the category. Her switch to NASCAR made sense for her sponsors and her earning potential, but she was not up to it, drove and acted like an ass frequently, and she got to stay around much longer than any equivalent man would have been able to.

Also, she's a medicore color commentator—at best—and knows less about F1 than probably thousands and thousands of devoted fans. She brings literally nothing to the table in this context.
She's terrible...

Exhibit B: she dated Aaron Rodgers.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Can’t really argue with any of this. Just two nitpicks:
1. If her sex benefited her in NASCAR, she got the opposite end of it in Indycar, where she was at least average and sometimes good but everyone just sexualized her (although she eventually leaned into that, profited from it, and lost any sympathy from me)

2. Now it’s you being charitable by calling her “mediocre” at commentating :) she’s straight up awful.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Can’t really argue with any of this. Just two nitpicks:
1. If her sex benefited her in NASCAR, she got the opposite end of it in Indycar, where she was at least average and sometimes good but everyone just sexualized her (although she eventually leaned into that, profited from it, and lost any sympathy from me)

2. Now it’s you being charitable by calling her “mediocre” at commentating :) she’s straight up awful.
I thought that I captured #1 in my comment, but apparently that wasn't clear. I agree. She won one race, and I think she could have won more had she stayed.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
hellz yeah

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
As for Ollie, I feel it’s interesting to compare him to Nyck de Vries:

Both auditioned for the big show by replacing a driver (each with appendicitis!) for one GP. De Vries got 8th with a (bad) Williams, Bearman 7th with a (fast) Ferrari

De Vries is an F2 champ, Bearman was just starting in that series.

NDV got his full time seat in Alphatauri, Ollie likely will get his in Haas, which is a worse situation and how exactly do you make your imprint here - who gets lapped less times by Verstappen?

NDV failed in F1, let’s throw the kid into the fire and see how he does!

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
As for Ollie, I feel it’s interesting to compare him to Nyck de Vries:

Both auditioned for the big show by replacing a driver (each with appendicitis!) for one GP. De Vries got 8th with a (bad) Williams, Bearman 7th with a (fast) Ferrari

De Vries is an F2 champ, Bearman was just starting in that series.

NDV got his full time seat in Alphatauri, Ollie likely will get his in Haas, which is a worse situation and how exactly do you make your imprint here - who gets lapped less times by Verstappen?

NDV failed in F1, let’s throw the kid into the fire and see how he does!
NDV was a known quantity by the time he got his F1 shot. He overperformed in that one race, and Helmut Marko got too excited. Even when he was signed to AT, the conventional wisdom was that NDV was much more likely to regress to his mean than continue at the level suggested by his race for Williams. Especially when you consider that it was at an atypical track in a car which was also going to overperform at that track, Marko's push to sign him was odd.

I have no idea whether Bearman will be successful in F1, but his weekend showed pace, progression, and a level head. His lap times were also being compared to Charles Leclerc, not Logan Sargeant...

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
NDV was a known quantity by the time he got his F1 shot. He overperformed in that one race, and Helmut Marko got too excited. Even when he was signed to AT, the conventional wisdom was that NDV was much more likely to regress to his mean than continue at the level suggested by his race for Williams. Especially when you consider that it was at an atypical track in a car which was also going to overperform at that track, Marko's push to sign him was odd.

I have no idea whether Bearman will be successful in F1, but his weekend showed pace, progression, and a level head. His lap times were also being compared to Charles Leclerc, not Logan Sargeant...
I’d somewhat discounted the Leclerc comparison because I thought Leclerc wss just holding station in 3rd without any challenge ahead or behind him. While Ollie had to be at 10/10 to keep Norris behind.

I just listened to an interview with Ferrari mgmt saying that wasn’t so - both drivers were pushing hard. Ok yeah, that’s impressive.

Someone’s gonna give him a shot on the strength of this one performance, and that’s probably the right thing to do.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads