• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Footwear for poolside and beach?

FinnishVintage

Reaction score
Hello community,

summer is here and so is my first time getting something proper footwear for beach/poolside. I already have several pairs of espadrilles so those are covered, instead I'm looking for something like Havaianas for e.g. that can be rinsed after a beach day and just slid on when getting off the pool.

Any recommendations regarding styles (I'm currently torn between slides and flip flops. I'm open to other styles as well) and brands?

Thanks!

Daniel Hakimi

Reaction score
There's no good footwear for the beach. Even if you go there with rubber clogs, and try to rinse your feet clean and rinse the clogs clean as thoroughly as you can, the sand will pervade and persist and make you wonder why, God, why can't they make a beach without sand?

johng70

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For a pool, either slides or flip-flops will do. Don't overthink it. Their purpose is just for walking over the hot concrete from A to B and then they are removed. The beach can be problematic - depending on the beach conditions. Some sand gets incredibly hot - so unless you're used to walking on it, you need something. If the sand doesn't get hot and isn't rocky, I simply remove my flip flops when I get on the sand. I've tried surf shoes, strap sandals and flip flops and I prefer flip flops. Surf shoes were the worst - once sand gets in them it can't get out. As I said though, I mostly take them off. It's been a long time since I was on a beach with a lot of crushed shells (which are not comfortable to walk barefoot on) or on one of the beaches with the scorching hot sand. So, barefoot works best for me - when I get back to pavement the flipflops go back on. The beach/pool is what they were made for and they perform better, IMO, than other formats.
I like Olukai - they have tremendous arch support and are very comfortable.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads