• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Folded Up Shirt Appreciation

clothingfun

Reaction score
Greetings all! I hope you are all well. I wore and washed the blue plaid a couple times and decided the adjustments were just fine. I told the gentleman to go ahead and finish up the rest of the order. Yesterday a box arrived.

I had a pretty large order with a bunch of stuff made so I just thought I would share a couple things I’ve never done before.

Had a run of “plain Jane” whites made up with one piece collars. Some time ago a couple fellas here recommended trying single cuffs and I always kept it in mind. Out of the bunch, these two are my favorites. Very nice textured fabrics and pale blue buttons.

EAD57E9A-4C48-442B-B999-47CC357DE94A.jpeg

877A2C90-F6B1-4548-92E5-2EE66A8DBAC1.jpeg

During my appointment back in April, I immediately noticed a couple shirts on the mannequins. The collar is a design Ken came up with that he dubbed a “Modern Italian.” Whatever it may be called, it really caught my eye and I thought it was cool as hell. Should look great with “my usual” of jeans and cowboy boots.

Here are a few of my favorites from the run I had made. When not wearing cuff links, this two button rounded/barrel is my favorite. This time went with some interior contrast. Honestly, not sure why! Just seemed like a neat idea.

772FCCEF-39D9-49C8-95E4-02DBD42B5458.jpeg

61B0F5C4-56DB-4F50-B661-78AC8DC6402E.jpeg

C48CD0AD-A8B9-4EA5-B5C0-750CAB2B5E35.jpeg

To the gentleman that have been continuing to contact me privately, have fun at your appointments and I hope you come on here and share.

Everyone have a great weekend.

Last edited:

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Greetings all! I hope you are all well. I wore and washed the blue plaid a couple times and decided the adjustments were just fine. I told the gentleman to go ahead and finish up the rest of the order. Yesterday a box arrived.

I had a pretty large order with a bunch of stuff made so I just thought I would share a couple things I’ve never done before.

Had a run of “plain Jane” whites made up with one piece collars. Some time ago a couple fellas here recommended trying single cuffs and I always kept it in mind. Out of the bunch, these two are my favorites. Very nice textured fabrics and pale blue buttons.

View attachment 1987035

View attachment 1987037

During my appointment back in April, I immediately noticed a couple shirts on the mannequins. The collar is a design Ken came up with that he dubbed a “Modern Italian.” Whatever it may be called, it really caught my eye and I thought it was cool as hell. Should look great with “my usual” of jeans and cowboy boots.

Here are a few of my favorites from the run I had made. When not wearing cuff links, this two button rounded/barrel is my favorite. This time went with some interior contrast. Honestly, not sure why! Just seemed like a neat idea.

View attachment 1987045

View attachment 1987047

View attachment 1987049

To the gentleman that have been continuing to contact me privately, have fun at your appointments and I hope you come on here and share.

Everyone have a great weekend.
I admire that you could wear three shirts a day and never repeat yourself.

clothingfun

Reaction score
I admire that you could wear three shirts a day and never repeat yourself.

Hi Ed and thanks for genuinely making me laugh! I have many hobbies and rotate overindulging in them. That’s alright though. There are certainly far more harmful addictions a person could have.

Lately it’s been shirts and cowboy boots. Last year it was my truck (and a few cars) collection…yikes! Glad I got that out of my system for awhile 😊.

Seriously though, recently I’ve had to “retire” a fairly large number of dress shirts and boots due to normal wear and tear as those two things (along with a nice pair of jeans) are pretty much a daily wear item for me. My dress britches, suits, and sport coats, not nearly as much which is why I keep a small number.

I have had a great relationship with the gentleman at Anto over the last twenty something years and the experience is part of the fun as well.

Everyone have a great day.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@brax question about the Carlo Riva Lino Oxford; I've been very intrigued by the material but haven't been able to handle in person and the few pics I've seen online (in light blue only) it has had a sheen/shininess to it that I didn't care for. Do you find that's true in real life? I'm thinking it's the upper right in your first shot.

Also, especially if you're in a hot climate, I'm interested in hearing about how comfortable and/or wrinkly it is.

Here's a pic that totally dissuaded me from ever getting it, given the sheen:

from https://camiceriasannino.com/product/riva_linen/

image00006-2-600x900.jpeg

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
@brax question about the Carlo Riva Lino Oxford; I've been very intrigued by the material but haven't been able to handle in person and the few pics I've seen online (in light blue only) it has had a sheen/shininess to it that I didn't care for. Do you find that's true in real life? I'm thinking it's the upper right in your first shot.

Also, especially if you're in a hot climate, I'm interested in hearing about how comfortable and/or wrinkly it is.

It is not that shiny. I have a white and blue stripe twill. This could be a lighting issue.
Also the oxford would have less sheen then the twill.

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agree wi

Agree with @Shirtmaven. It does not have that much sheen. I use it for business shirts.

CR Lino Oxford is probably my favorite summer shirting. It is indeed in the first picture but is not the blue. It is the solid white on the bottom right. I’ve been using the shirting for about seven years and have noticed that CR is weaving it a bit tighter than before. But that may just be loom variability.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naomideansxz