• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Folded Up Shirt Appreciation

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it is all about balance. the Isaia collar has a very high band. Look at the shirts made by Will Whiting. all of those collars have a very high band. it does not work for everyone.
I see very wide spreads on the sports talk shows with big knots. i think it looks terrible.
a heavier man usually looks better with a straighter point collar.
I will have to post a photo of a larger and longer point collar with a straiger spread.
I like the way that looks.
Seems like face shape factors into this as well in my entirely amateur opinion? I see a lot of guys with bigger frames and round faces who opt for spread or cutaway collars (at least when worn with a tie) and it makes their faces look like bowling balls to me.

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Seems like face shape factors into this as well in my entirely amateur opinion? I see a lot of guys with bigger frames and round faces who opt for spread or cutaway collars (at least when worn with a tie) and it makes their faces look like bowling balls to me.
Exactly!

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it is all about balance. the Isaia collar has a very high band. Look at the shirts made by Will Whiting. all of those collars have a very high band. it does not work for everyone.
I see very wide spreads on the sports talk shows with big knots. i think it looks terrible.
a heavier man usually looks better with a straighter point collar.
I will have to post a photo of a larger and longer point collar with a straiger spread.
I like the way that looks.
Ohh. I’m assuming it’s a semi spread or straight. I don’t care for the widespread you see on most rtw. The rtw, is either too small or too wide typically. Id default to semi spread 9.5-10cm. I think it looks good on most men. Frames the face well.

When I think of sports commentators, i think a rod does well.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I started a thread on this topic a while ago. The shirt collar my shirt maker and I came up with has an 8.5cm point. I’m 6’-6’1” 175ish
IMG_1953.jpeg

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I started a thread on this topic a while ago. The shirt collar my shirt maker and I came up with has an 8.5cm point. I’m 6’-6’1” 175ish View attachment 2052317
This is fine, I think. I don’t think half a cm would make a difference either way. But I don’t think 9cm would, necessarily, be bad either though.

If you straightened out the collar slightly, you’d want to go up slightly as well.

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I started a thread on this topic a while ago. The shirt collar my shirt maker and I came up with has an 8.5cm point. I’m 6’-6’1” 175ish View attachment 2052317
it works very well on you. the back height does seem to stand higher then your suit jaket then the normal 1/4" it fits on your neck quite high with very little ease. today most men could not spend more then an hour in a collar that fits like that. very elegant.

The_Schmidt

Reaction score
Here are some folded up shirts that got recently made for next summer.

Alumo Zephirlino 70% Cotton, 30% Linen (x2):
IMG_4670.JPEG

Caccioppoli 68% Cotton 32% Linen (x2):
IMG_4661.JPEG

Caccioppoli 68% Cotton 32% Linen (x1):
IMG_4690.JPEG

Caccioppoli 68% Cotton 32% Linen (x1):
IMG_4679.JPEG

PS: what happened to the thread title?! Since when is it so SFW?

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The presence of certain words apparently affects their ad serving, so now we have an auto-bowdlerized experience

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I received these today from LA. About half were shirts that went back to have the hem taken up 5cms as they are to be worn untucked. The other half are new acquisitions. View attachment 2084781
lovely
just shortening the tail length does not allways make a shirt appropriate to be worn untucked.
how much taper is at the waist? tucked in shirts often have more room in the hip. if they did not adjust the hip measurement, you might end up with a shirt that flairs out at the hip.

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lovely
just shortening the tail length does not allways make a shirt appropriate to be worn untucked.
how much taper is at the waist? tucked in shirts often have more room in the hip. if they did not adjust the hip measurement, you might end up with a shirt that flairs out at the hip.
Yep. That makes sense. Thanks.
The shirts were originally commissioned as untucked shirts so I think that I’ll be fine. I asked for only 5cms shorter.
I‘ll post photos tomorrow.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you get little packets of edibles with your shirt orders?
Shhhhh…. Don’t tip the us customs office off!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads