• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Made-to-measure suits and high-end dress shirts

greenlander

Reaction score
Hello Everyone, I'm new to your forum.

For many years I've been ordering made-to-measure suits and shirts from Joe Hemrajani at mytailor.com. Unfortunately, it looks like his company went into bankruptcy last year and his web site doesn't exist anymore, so I'm on the hunt for a new tailor for made-to-measure menswear.

As far as dress shirts, Mr. Hemrajani had tons and tons of fabric books that I could look through when I met him. He had all kinds of interesting fabrics: very fine cottons, linens (some with interesting texture and patterns), high quality silks, etc. He also had special tailor options like choice of collars, double sets of cuff buttons, optional holes for cuff links, choice of buttons, etc. I was typically paying about USD $150-$250 per shirt.

For suits, he also had lots of various materials and offered great tailoring options like full canvasing, functional cuff buttons, functional pockets, quality liners, very fine wool thread counts, etc. I was typically paying about $1000 per suit, including a discount if I bought three at once.

Can anyone recommend a tailor that offers this kind of service in either the USA or Europe? (I travel a lot so I could meet someone at either place.) I would like to get measuring in person, and I also like to look through the actual fabric books to see and feel the fabric texture before I order. I'm sure there are plenty of small companies that offer this. I just have a hard time sorting out the bad from the good based on their web sites and hoping someone from this forum can give me some recommendations on where to look. I care more about the quality than the cost.

Cause Moe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You might try divij.com; Divij Hermanji's company. I have no experience with divij.com or Divij Hermanji himself, but he worked with his father Joe at MyTailor.com. I believe divij.com is more bespoke than MTM, but it's the successor of MyTailor.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads